dcsimg

HEPA vac comparison by Tools of the Trade

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The ridgids have good suction, but the filters get clogged to quickly, and the bags are expensive and seem to rip every time I try to swap them.

I’m hoping the Bosch bags can be changed without ripping. With all of the use mine has been getting, I can’t believe I haven’t needed to change a bag yet…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

interesting review about the hepa vacs.
    but there is it again 😀 :
    “The Bosch is a great vac, but its main annoyance is that its filter-cleaning system must be turned off manually every time you turn on the vac. If you forget, the cleaning cycle will damage the HEPA filter and filter bags.”

I had no clue that there are so many different brands out there with dust extractors.
    But I still think Bosch’s dust extractor is top notch.
    (even that I don’t own yet but lots of good reviews about it)
    quiet, good suction/cfm, lboxx intergration

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

The ridgids have good suction, but the filters get clogged to quickly, and the bags are expensive and seem to rip every time I try to swap them.

I’m hoping the Bosch bags can be changed without ripping. With all of the use mine has been getting, I can’t believe I haven’t needed to change a bag yet…

What are the Bosch bags like? The Festool is like a quilted fleece that’s really tough. The ridgid is more of a loose weave paper that has no strength at all.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

With all the talk about the auto being a pain to turn off I think I might just get the semi automatic. In that one you manually push a button or something to clean it right?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

With all the talk about the auto being a pain to turn off I think I might just get the semi automatic. In that one you manually push a button or something to clean it right?

right at the end of the hose and/or at the vac itself

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah when you want to clean the filter, you press a button and it goes pop and if you continue to press the button it’ll act just like the automatic. the button is on the handle of the hose itself.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What are the Bosch bags like? The Festool is like a quilted fleece that’s really tough. The ridgid is more of a loose weave paper that has no strength at all.

The bags I use are made of a paper material. I prefer them that way as they are basically a pre filter before the main filter. They offer fleece bags in both disposable and reusable varieties.

@Austin, It’s far from a pain to turn off…just a simple button to press. The issue is that Bosch claims this feature should be turned off when using a HEPA filter or a filter bag because the cleaning action could damage the filter/bag. If you use a liner or fill the canister directly, it’s a non issue.

Personally, I use paper bags and leave the AFC on most of the time. I’ve experienced no ill effects.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

yah when you want to clean the filter, you press a button and it goes pop and if you continue to press the button it’ll act just like the automatic. the button is on the handle of the hose itself.

So does that mean you can only use their hose, what if you want to hook up a dust deputy.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So does that mean you can only use their hose, what if you want to hook up a dust deputy.

The filter cleaning feature is also activated by simply blocking the end of the hose. The button on the side of the OEM hose end does just that, it blocks air flow.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@jponto07 Ohh ok I understand. So basicly you could just cover the end with your hand and it would clean it.

Doobie

@jponto07 Ohh ok I understand. So basicly you could just cover the end with your hand and it would clean it.

Does it in fact work in that manner?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ll have to test later on blocking it with your hand. When using it with the dust deputy, the end of the hose where the button is located is plugged into the top of the DD and you can activate the button that way.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That would be great @r-ice things like that would be whether or not I would get the semi or full auto.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

jponto07 Ohh ok I understand. So basicly you could just cover the end with your hand and it would clean it.

Does it in fact work in that manner?

Well now I’m second guessing myself…. I can’t find where I read that!

Jon P.
    Instagram

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

In my ct I’ve used the fleece bags since day one. Over two years and I’ve not even had to bang the filter out yet.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Over two years and I’ve not even had to bang the filter out yet.

Wow that is really great news. I guess the fleece bag stops all of the dirt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Over two years and I’ve not even had to bang the filter out yet.

Wow that is really great news. I guess the fleece bag stops all of the dirt.

I can say the same using a combination of paper and fleece. There is almost zero bypass. I don’t think I even have a spare filter for the vac. Very impressive

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Ran into a store to get some tools th other day and a rep was there with the sys vac demoing it to the owner. Didn’t have a chance to check it out really.

I had to send my ct26 in for some repairs so I picked up a midi while it was down. I think for the price, capacity, and performance just adding a midi as a backup seems to make more sense.

Maybe if I were doing more work in condos and apartments where I had to go up and down stairs and elevators, I would consider the sys vac

The Midi is hands down the best vacuum in it class . I highly recommend it . I love mine but the weight is still heavy . If your doing punch list items or small projects the sys vac could be a winner in its weight size and that it stacks with other systainer’s . Lugging a vacuum from the truck for a small dust could be a time killer to . @overanalyze @Doobie

Always willing to learn .

Ran into a store to get some tools th other day and a rep was there with the sys vac demoing it to the owner. Didn’t have a chance to check it out really.

I had to send my ct26 in for some repairs so I picked up a midi while it was down. I think for the price, capacity, and performance just adding a midi as a backup seems to make more sense.

Maybe if I were doing more work in condos and apartments where I had to go up and down stairs and elevators, I would consider the sys vac

The Midi is hands down the best vacuum in it class . I highly recommend it . I love mine but the weight is still heavy . If your doing punch list items or small projects the sys vac could be a winner in its weight size and that it stacks with other systainer’s . Lugging a vacuum from the truck for a small dust could be a time killer to . @overanalyze @Doobie

My trim tools are in Systainers. I see this being in that stack I wheel in for cabinetry and trim. Just yesterday I had 1 vac on site and was using 2 tools. It was a pain to keep switching back and forth…I just can’t rationalize the $375..yet…lol!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

My trim tools are in Systainers. I see this being in that stack I wheel in for cabinetry and trim. Just yesterday I had 1 vac on site and was using 2 tools. It was a pain to keep switching back and forth…I just can’t rationalize the $375..yet…lol!!

… Yet… You will soon though. Funny how that works. I don’t think I’ve talked myself out of many tools I’ve wanted.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.461 seconds