dcsimg

HEPA vac comparison by Tools of the Trade

This topic contains 46 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  jponto07 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/vacuums-and-dust-collection/dust-collecting-hepa-vacuums_o.aspx

Tools of the trade recently did a comparison of the major players in HEPA vac market. They had some good things to say about the Bosch vac! Take a look.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That’s nice to see! I’ve been thinking of adding another vac to the collection with my growing scope of reno and interior work. Good to know the Bosch are standing their ground well. Only real complaint they had was the auto clean and I’ve already heard of the nuisance that it is, but no big deal.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats a pretty interesting article, i would’ve thought the bosch was on par with festool. Interesting they put bosch mid tier.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Even more interesting is that a couple of members here have both the Bosch and the Festool (or first hand experience with each) and prefer the Bosch!

Jon P.
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

From all the reviews of the bosch its top notch. All the hepa vacs sound pretty nice. I think which ever one suites your individual needs is the one to get. For me thats the bosch. The L-Boxx intergration is a big seller for me but not entire reaon I will get it. I will hopfully get one at the end of this year .

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

They really knocked the Dewalt. Didn’t even realize Dewalt made those kinds of vacs.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Thanks for sharing Jon. I had not seen this. I have been thinking about a second vac for the other side of my shop. The information was useful.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

From all the reviews of the bosch its top notch. All the hepa vacs sound pretty nice. I think which ever one suites your individual needs is the one to get. For me thats the bosch. The L-Boxx intergration is a big seller for me but not entire reaon I will get it. I will hopfully get one at the end of this year .

The L-Boxx integration is definitely a great feature.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That was a nice review. I have been wanting a Bosch vac for some time now and this just further cements that decision.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

I was surprised Fein was at the bottom. They used to be really good vacs. I look to add a Bosch to my vac arsenal/addiction some time soon. But that new Festool Sys vac is catching my eye right now…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Clev08
    Pro

Of all the vacs tested I would go with the Bosch, I don’t want to pony up for a festool vac and there is not a store to sell or service metabo around here.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Was a good read. I always take these reviews with a little skepticism. Advertising dollars sometimes play into the reviews. Not that it is necessarily the case this time.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

But that new Festool Sys vac is catching my eye right now…

Maybe it’s because I don’t own any Festool stuff at this point, but I just don’t get the allure of that vac! Without wheels, it’s kind of useless…right?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Thanks for the link, this was a good read, it is hard for reviewers to remove bias and I never completely agree with reviewers, but he seem to have done a reasonable job.

Will

Maybe it’s because I don’t own any Festool stuff at this point, but I just don’t get the allure of that vac! Without wheels, it’s kind of useless…right?

It certainly has more appeal because it is the same size as the systainers. It is large enough for use with a track saw, domino, or sander. It is definitely a want and not a need, but when I have a sander out, track saw, Kapex, and Domino…I hate switching tools around to the vac. This would be small enough to have on the workbench with the sander and keep the other vac set up with the saw or whatever else.

Andrew

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It certainly has more appeal because it is the same size as the systainers. It is large enough for use with a track saw, domino, or sander. It is definitely a want and not a need, but when I have a sander out, track saw, Kapex, and Domino…I hate switching tools around to the vac. This would be small enough to have on the workbench with the sander and keep the other vac set up with the saw or whatever else.

I suppose it would have is uses as a secondary vac as you’ve mentioned. I too hate switching the vac hose around as I move from one tool to another!

Jon P.
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I have to admit, same here. What I can’t seem to find info on is how well it performs even with a 35mm hose hooked up to my Kapex or my TS75.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Ran into a store to get some tools th other day and a rep was there with the sys vac demoing it to the owner. Didn’t have a chance to check it out really.

I had to send my ct26 in for some repairs so I picked up a midi while it was down. I think for the price, capacity, and performance just adding a midi as a backup seems to make more sense.

Maybe if I were doing more work in condos and apartments where I had to go up and down stairs and elevators, I would consider the sys vac

Ran into a store to get some tools th other day and a rep was there with the sys vac demoing it to the owner. Didn’t have a chance to check it out really.

I had to send my ct26 in for some repairs so I picked up a midi while it was down. I think for the price, capacity, and performance just adding a midi as a backup seems to make more sense.

Maybe if I were doing more work in condos and apartments where I had to go up and down stairs and elevators, I would consider the sys vac

Yeah for a second vac a midi or mini makes sense. This would be a third vac for me…I have a problem I know…lol!!

Actually I have 5 vacs..2 are cheap shop vacs. OK…so maybe this should be a little further down the list…but I don’t have a good vac at home…yeah at home!! I can use one at home!! lol…the mind can justify about anything!

Andrew

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Yeah, I have quite a few as well. I have the 2 cts, a big ridgid that lives in the shop, sometimes it comes to job sites, but since I got the cleaning kit for the 26, I’ve found myself using that most of the time. I also have a small ridgid I keep at home for cleaning out the truck and van. I had another ridgid I just tossed too.

The ridgids have good suction, but the filters get clogged to quickly, and the bags are expensive and seem to rip every time I try to swap them.

I don’t really have a good vac at home either, I’ve used a ct to clean the house more than once!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.905 seconds