dcsimg

Help with mobile base for tablesaw.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Understood Stan.

What you need is to design something that will have the wheels at just slightly lower than the base itself. here are a few examples. Leveling screws from a Fridge, dryer or washing machine should be sturdy enough.

You will definitely need locking castors, in case only one, two or three leveling screws need to be adjusted.

Frank,
    I kind of like the concept of the DIY Wooden base, looks very easy to make. I agree that leveling screws from a washing machine etc should be sturdy enough – but as discussed in another thread – I am an overbuilder. 🙂
    Thanks,

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@58chev, i don’t understand how that wood one moves up and down? unless it relies on the locking casters to not move? it looks like the same bandsaw as mine and i use the regular moving base.

You would have to incorporate the leveling screws where the wheels are. This will give the you the ability to move the complete machine up and down to level.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

While this may not be the ideal way, how about a base/platform type of thing that can be placed in the driveway and leveled, then just put your saw on it?

MTRoads
    Pro

While this may not be the ideal way, how about a base/platform type of thing that can be placed in the driveway and leveled, then just put your saw on it?

Sven,
    This is a full-cabinet saw, lifting it to place it on a leveled base would be a bit too much for a single individual. Working on re-arranging the shop this weekend, will have to see what I end up with. 🙂
    Thanks,

Stan

Doobie

How heavy does it say this Delta Hybrid saw is per the owners Manual @MTRoads? Three hundred pounds maybe? Can we see a pic of it maybe? Is the base bottom an open box?

Reason I ask is what about adding a flat bottom to it and using a heavy duty tilt truck and wheeling it around that way. You prohably would have to have some kind of strap downs to harness from the far end of the saw to the truck, but it may be doable.

MTRoads
    Pro

Kevin,
    This is the saw I have, the intent is not to move to a job site – only to move it around inside the shop and re-level once it is moved.
    Thanks,

Attachments:

Stan

Doobie

Kevin,
    This is the saw I have, the intent is not to move to a job site – only to move it around inside the shop and re-level once it is moved.
    Thanks,

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought you were trying to move it for use outside and you were having to deal with asphalt ruts.

My garage floor was a horrible mess too. Rather than pull my hair out, I went and built a raised subfloor that is flat and level for the entire garage. Is that an option for you?

For me it was a huge improvement. I also integrated storage, dust collection and electrical wiring in the floor as well. It was quite the effort and cost, but it has been well worth it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Kevin,
    Thanks,

Why does it need to be level? I use table saws all the time on the site that aren’t level.
    That’s one good thing about the Ridgid table saw is it has wheels on it that raise it up and then drop it down.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

MTRoads
    Pro

Kevin,
    Thanks,

Why does it need to be level? I use table saws all the time on the site that aren’t level.
    That’s one good thing about the Ridgid table saw is it has wheels on it that raise it up and then drop it down.

A ‘little’ off level wouldn’t be much of a problem. But about an inch over the 22″ width of the base is a bit much IMHO.
    Thanks,

Stan

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Now I understand. When I saw “hybrid” I was thinking something smaller.

MTRoads
    Pro

My garage floor was a horrible mess too. Rather than pull my hair out, I went and built a raised subfloor that is flat and level for the entire garage. Is that an option for you?

It would be if we were planning on being here much longer. With a move in the not too distant future I don’t want to put that expense into a shop I won’t be using.

Stan

Doobie

It would be if we were planning on being here much longer. With a move in the not too distant future I don’t want to put that expense into a shop I won’t be using.

Forget that idea then.

What about an air glide assist.

http://airsled.com

They’re not cheap though, but I think you can find some that are just the pads that work with a pup air compressor.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Forget that idea then.

They’re not cheap though, but I think you can find some that are just the pads that work with a pup air compressor.

that is pretty impressive, that would solve alot of problems, i couldn’t see how much it was though.

MTRoads
    Pro

Forget that idea then.

In one word…. ‘overkill’. 🙂

Stan

Doobie

Forget that idea then.

But would that solve your issue?

I even had a link at one point that HD offered one for $550 USD that is rated for up to 750 lbs.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

A pallet jack would move it a round.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A pallet jack would move it a round.

It sure would.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Forget that idea then.

lol overkill will solve many problems, if 1 dollar could solve it, 10 dollars will make it go faster.

MTRoads
    Pro

Well, in that case… an overhead crane on a track would work nicely also.

But in the long run, after looking at the base that I currently have on my bandsaw I will probably end up using that with a couple modifications.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Stan

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Well, in that case… an overhead crane on a track would work nicely also.

But in the long run, after looking at the base that I currently have on my bandsaw I will probably end up using that with a couple modifications.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Stan,
    Which base do you have for your bandsaw? Pictures?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.516 seconds