dcsimg

Help pricing Spiral concrete steps

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I am bidding on a solid concrete reinforced stair case for a home. The stairs are spiral approx 18 steps and 1 3 ft landing in the middle.
    stairs to have 6-7″ rise i estimate approx 12 yds concrete.
    any help pricing would be appreciated i don’t want to under big.
    Located in NJ if that helps.
    attaching pics of something similar ..

Attachments:

another pic..

Attachments:
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That looks like an interesting project. I guess I would start with the forms and figure a time and material, then rebar and concrete. In most cases, if you do not have historical data from doing one before, it is a lot os SWAG’s (scientific wild a55 guess) good luck, I find that when doing things like this u use a lot of SWAG’s and they usually come out well.

yea i figured all the concrete labor etc an went overboard just incase.. but this is really a custom job i would say .. so i don’t want to give a steal of a price if its something that can be charged a premium dollar. don’t want to underbid myself but don’t want to look like a idiot either lol

i figured my cost is roughly 15-16k

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looks extremely complicated! The most help I can be is remind you that Materials + labor + overhead + profit=cost.

Only you will know what those individual values are.

Additionally, welcome to BTP! Please stop by the intro thread and introduce yourself. Also, you can use the “Edit” button on one of your posts to add additional information or pictures rather than adding consecutive posts.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

of course but was looking to see if there is a approx sq footage price etc. Just like pavers we all have our own pricing but generally there is a ball park figure if you are a professional. you can’t be way under or way over that general ball park or you won’t cut it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Welcome to BTP
    That’s some serious form work there! Wish I could help but am fresh to pricing jobs.

A Working Pro since 2004

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That’s some serious form work there! Wish I could help but am fresh to pricing jobs.

I wouldn’t even know where to start on a job like this .It certainly is a mind boggler .

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would figure what you think and double it. I know I would be doing it a few times and not get it right the first go around. I cut wood and know nothing about concrete.
    Keep us posted with pictures!
    Welcome to the group also!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks extremely complicated! The most help I can be is remind you that Materials + labor + overhead + profit=cost.

J has summed it up. There is no one price that would work for you and me. The pricing of things are just too different. Good luck on that project. If you get It maybe you start a thread on it.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Not to sound like a jerk but the question begs to be asked: how much concrete experience do you have and how much of that experience is in similar projects? There is some serious form work and rebar in a project of this scope…is there a drawing you are estimating off of or are you putting together a bid based just on the customers description?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

is there a drawing you are estimating off of or are you putting together a bid based just on the customers description?

Two totally different things really get there. I hope you have a concrete plan to make an estimate from.

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i figured my cost is roughly 15-16k

I would go with treefiddy.

Clev08
    Pro

Wouldn’t know where to start putting a bid together for a custom staircase like that, maybe talk to the homeowner about a fair hourly rate and you won’t get burned. Or bid high and charge a little less than you bid(if possible), homeowners LOVE that!
    Best of luck would like to hear how it turns out.

of course but was looking to see if there is a approx sq footage price etc. Just like pavers we all have our own pricing but generally there is a ball park figure if you are a professional. you can’t be way under or way over that general ball park or you won’t cut it.

Job like that is not a square foot price job . There’s a lot of factors in for curve stairs .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am curious did you make the bid yet? what were your considerations and how did it go?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this “precasting” of portions of a concrete spiral stair on another site. I thought it would fit here.
    https://www.facebook.com/383870055097958/photos/pb.383870055097958.-2207520000.1457582467./586545911497037/?type=3&theater

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I saw this “precasting” of portions of a concrete spiral stair on another site. I thought it would fit here.
    https://www.facebook.com/383870055097958/photos/pb.383870055097958.-2207520000.1457582467./586545911497037/?type=3&theater

That’s quite the undertaking…well beyond my concrete skills!

Looks like the OP didn’t want to stick around…

Jon P.
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the link Kurt, that is really interesting the way they shape the forms with the center ring/rebar.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.283 seconds