dcsimg

Hello from Belgium!

• This topic has 50 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Arnout
    Pro
    Leuven, Belgium

Hi there! I am Arnout, living in Belgium (a tiny country in Europe).
    After wandering around on this forum from time to time and finding lots of interesting ideas and helpful information, I decided to make an account.
    I am not a pro (in fact, I’m still a student) but after doing student jobs in construction, I got more and more interested and started buying some decent tools. Being a student, buying these tools soaks up a big part of my (very limited) budget, so it will take some time to get a full equipped workshop. But rome wasn’t build in one day either!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Welcome to btp, I hope you show your setup.

Arnout
    Pro
    Leuven, Belgium

Apart from my tools I don’t even have a dedicated workbench (yet!). But at the end of this month (and thus at the end of this exam period), I’ll start building one. Due to the limited space (I’m using the garage and basements of my parents), I’ll make the workbench as mobile as possible, and it I’ll try to use it as a storage for my L-Boxxes. The workbench @thedude306 made is a great source of inspiration!

Apart from my tools I don’t even have a dedicated workbench (yet!). But at the end of this month (and thus at the end of this exam period), I’ll start building one. Due to the limited space (I’m using the garage and basements of my parents), I’ll make the workbench as mobile as possible, and it I’ll try to use it as a storage for my L-Boxxes. The workbench @thedude306 made is a great source of inspiration!

Welcome to BTP Arnout! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. We don’t have some of tools and storage items which are available to Europeans. If you do get tools for your workshop, please post them. A lot of us are very interested in the different items which we cannot purchase.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Welcome to BTP Arnout!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Welcome to BTP Arnout. You will find we are a friendly bunch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

A warm welcome to joining the BTP forum Amout. Don’t forget that we love pictures and video here 😉

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@Arnout,
    Welcome to the best pro board on the interweb. As you have noticed and sense you have poked around before joining, you know we like pictures. 🙂

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Welcome to BTP. Nice to see some guys outside of North America signing up here.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Welcome, Arnout.
    What I like about BTP is learning the different ways that people approach a task. Another perspective is always interesting.
    What are you studying?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Welcome to BTP Arnout.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Welcome to BTP Arnout. Since your just starting out there is a lot of good info and advice here. If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask.
    I wish something like this was available when I was starting out.

Welcome to BTP forums Amout great information here.

Arnout
    Pro
    Leuven, Belgium

We don’t have some of tools and storage items which are available to Europeans. If you do get tools for your workshop, please post them.

I will do! I also had a look on the Bosch USA website, and the content was surprisingly different from the European websites. The most striking was the fact that you have 12V tools, where we have the ones supplied with 10,8V batteries. Do you have any idea why?

you know we like pictures. 🙂

As the most of you are so interested in pictures, I’ll definitely make and share some when I’m working on my workbench! 😀

What are you studying?

At the moment, I am in my last year of engineering, but I will probably do an extra year to become ‘International Welding Engineer’. Looking forward to it!

Welcome to BTP Arnout. Since your just starting out there is a lot of good info and advice here. If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask.
    I wish something like this was available when I was starting out.

I indeed believe that this is a great place to learn, great community!

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

you have 12V tools, where we have the ones supplied with 10,8V batteries. Do you have any idea why?

I’m pretty sure they are the same but someone with more knowledge might correct me there

Arnout
    Pro
    Leuven, Belgium

Stupid that I didn’t think of that before, that might explain a lot! Googled it, and it indeed seems to be the case.
    3 cells of 3.6V = 10.8V, but 12V sounds better. I already learned something today 😉

Stupid that I didn’t think of that before, that might explain a lot! Googled it, and it indeed seems to be the case.
    3 cells of 3.6V = 10.8V, but 12V sounds better. I already learned something today 😉

I believe when they are fully charged they are 12 volt, but the actual battery is a3.6
    Just like the 18 volt and the other brands that says 20 volts
    5 cells at 3.6 equal about 18. and 5 at 4 are 20 volt.

Think Brian hit it on the head. No matter what, welcome to BTP. Sounds as if you have some great ideas and plans so following what you do should be interesting.

KenW
    Pro

Welcome to BTP Arnout!!

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Welcome aboard Arnout.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.511 seconds