dcsimg

Hearing Protection

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m thinking about getting some custom made ear plugs, does anyone here use these?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yes that is what I have been wearing. They do a better job cutting out noise. Only thing is the will bother your ears till you get used to them. Mine were sore for a few days.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

yellaD
    Pro

I have the sens-guard too. It’s a little cumbersome to put on properly and they don’t stay put when u move your head a lot. But when they work they work great, voices are clear while machinery/background noise is silenced adequately.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I would like to try a pair like these out that affix onto the hardhat.

A Working Pro since 2004

Attachments:
    Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I use them when mowing the grass, using the planer and grinder or working with a router.
    All other tools are pretty comfortable ( or I’ve got quiet tools)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use the metal cutting saw and really need protection but never seem to go to the van and get them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wonder how comfortable they would be? Looks like a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wonder how comfortable they would be? Looks like a good idea.

Yeah, I wonder how much weight they add to the hardhat. Otherwise it would be very convenient.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I use the metal cutting saw and really need protection but never seem to go to the van and get them.

That’s one tool you definitely need hearing protection for. Cutting metal is loud.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s one tool you definitely need hearing protection for. Cutting metal is loud.

That’s for sure. Anytime I cutting or grinding I reach for the ear muffs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

In a perfect world, I’d wear my SensGuard all the time because they are light and work well (even small amts. of loud noise over years is bad for your ears). I don’t find them to be too uncomfortable to wear like other users, but as mentioned they move around too much, esp. if you have hair or bandana or hat, it just doesn’t sit nicely. So therefore they sit until I use the jointer or planer, but realistically I’d like to wear them all the time. The big muff ones are a little klunky for me, that’s why I bought the sensguard…but I think the best overall are the little disposable sponge ones, I just hate that it’s another consumable that I have to buy.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The disposable ones are nice to keep in your pocket so you don’t have to go around to find the ear muff, or even double up for really loud stuff.

In a perfect world, I’d wear my SensGuard all the time because they are light and work well (even small amts. of loud noise over years is bad for your ears). I don’t find them to be too uncomfortable to wear like other users, but as mentioned they move around too much, esp. if you have hair or bandana or hat, it just doesn’t sit nicely. So therefore they sit until I use the jointer or planer, but realistically I’d like to wear them all the time. The big muff ones are a little klunky for me, that’s why I bought the sensguard…but I think the best overall are the little disposable sponge ones, I just hate that it’s another consumable that I have to buy.

I like the Sensguard too. The big muffs are too clunky to deal with unless you just leave them on all the time which is no fun. As to the disposables, buying in bulk helps on the cost big time but like you, spending the extra money doesn’t appeal to me.

My previous company provided custom molded ear inserts connected by a heavy cord. Wise guys would cut the cord and inevitably lose one of their two inserts. Dummies.

I have not seen the Sensguards before. I usually use the big muff ones. I will have to look at the Sensguards, it sounds like you have good experience with them.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I could use some to block out my dogs snoring.

Maynard
    Pro

I’ve worn all types except ear muffs. Rubber ones to foam. They all work pretty well. Just have to make sure you use them. One guy I work with has lost alot of hearing. When you talk to him he always has to turn his “better ” side to you. I have alot of ringing in my ears. Hopefully it doesn’t get worst

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

’ve worn all types except ear muffs.

I like and use the ear muffs the most now.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

’ve worn all types except ear muffs.

yah i much prefer the ear muffs as well, however if i know it is going to be super loud, i’ll make sure to double it up with the ear plugs as well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For me I use the ear muffs in the shop. Just easier to put on and take off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.499 seconds