dcsimg

Headlamps

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I have a couple of old husky ones from years ago. I don’t use them a ton, so these have lasted awhile.

I just buy one from the dollar store whenever i need one for a day :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I wear a headlamp when detailing cars. It really shows the paint defects and makes it easy to polish to perfection.

Great tip Bill.
    I’ll have to try that.

Bert

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I use this one. I like it had it on all day today in an attic.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Energizer-Brilliant-Beam-3AAA-70-Lumen-Headlight-HD5L33AE/202541846

With what I can see from the Bosch FL12 LED work light, you could put one or two of those in a dark place and you would not need a headlamp.

We were actualy turned on to these by some Amish friends. Very handy. We get ours at HD there about 15 bucks. They have the best battery life we have found. Not the highest lumin’s (sp) but more than adequate

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Being a remodeler and rancher, I use them quite often. I spend a lot of time in attics and crawl spaces.

I’ve had Petzl and Black Diamond, and I wore them out too quick. The yuppie hiker stuff just doesn’t seem to hold up to jobsite conditions, or rain for that matter. That’s how I ruined my Black Diamond.

Streamlight is my go-to brand for every day lights. Price is not too bad, and they are durable.

If you want to go top of the line, you’ll have to go with Fenix, Nitecore, or Surefire. I have a Nitecore handheld searchlight for predator management, and it’s great.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m thinking about getting the surefire minimus any experience with this light?

staker
    Pro

I have a craftsman that I have had in my packsack for well over 10 years.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have a Streamlight LED headlamp that I bought off of Amazon. I use it for work and hunting, have had it for two years and have never had a problem with it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m thinking about getting the surefire minimus any experience with this light?

That seems like a whole lot of headlamp. Seems to me like it would have a good bit of weight compared to others on the market.

Ian@RHWoodworking
    Pro
    Lakeville, MN

We all have those red energizer ones from HD. They are great for the winter when the sun goes down too early and you can’t light every corner of a house esp. When running shoe in every room. Also good for loading up and checking a dark house for straggling tools. If you find as many as I seem to you need both hands free to carry them all.

Trim carpenter at R.H. Woodworking out of Lakeville,MN. Specializing in Finnish carpentry and cabinet installation.

We all have those red energizer ones from HD. They are great for the winter when the sun goes down too early and you can’t light every corner of a house esp. When running shoe in every room. Also good for loading up and checking a dark house for straggling tools. If you find as many as I seem to you need both hands free to carry them all.

What model is the one you are using at the moment .

Always willing to learn .

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I got one a few years ago as a gift from my daughter and @r-ice, it’s a Pezel has three settings on it and is very bright on high. Only uses 2 x AAA’s.
    Designed for Hiking and Camping but It has come in handy for use in the garage at times.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

I have four of them I bought dirt cheap on clearance at HD a few years ago. They are awesome. Two intensities and a beam that shoots 100 yards ahead. They’re great for riding the bike at night never mind working with it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I use petzls as i find they last me the longest, i also have zebralights head lamp too and it works great, battery life isn’t as great but thats what you get for brightness.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have four of them I bought dirt cheap on clearance at HD a few years ago. They are awesome. Two intensities and a beam that shoots 100 yards ahead. They’re great for riding the bike at night never mind working with it.

Is that the Pezel?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have an Icon from Black Diamond and an Energizer.Big price difference between them.
    Use them both but when I really need a lot of light I say fiat lux and use the Icon.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I had been using the cheap energizer ones, but they were always getting turned on accidentally, aren’t waterproof, and fall apart if you drop them.

I picked up one of these the other day and it is much better quality. Sealed, has a lock button, and several different light intensity levels. They have been closing them out lately too.

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/headlamps-and-lanterns/storm-BD620611_cfg.html#cgid=lighting&start=20

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up one of these the other day and it is much better quality. Sealed, has a lock button, and several different light intensity levels. They have been closing them out lately too.

Looks like a nice light, I like the different intensity levels.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.430 seconds