dcsimg

Have you received business or inquiries due to your forum participation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

In the past few years I have received several calls regarding wood foundations because the caller found a post I had made regarding them on this site. I have not generated any work based on those calls, but was able to answer questions and hopefully make a buyer more at ease with a purchase when it involved a wood foundation.

Does anyone else have a similar story from their participation here.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

No.
    Never.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Kurt, this is because you included information so that your company can be looked up and contacted?

This can be a good thing or not so good thing.

I personally have not experienced it because I do not provide full contact information and prefer participation at a personal level. However I do know people who had some negative experiences on professional web sites that they did not anticipate.

For example, I belong to a real estate professional web site that caters to buying and selling, rentals, contracts, deal analysis, etc etc etc…that web site requires real full name, not a user name you can make up like plus a real person photo. There are many real estate agents, landlords, lawyers, property managers, bird-dogs on the site talking about everything under the sun.

Well, if you are a landlord, you will end up sharing horror stories. Such as posting pictures of your tenants home joking about them being hoarders, or asking for advice or strategies on how to evict someone they don’t like, or sharing a horrible domestic violence episode where you were involved due to property damages, or telling everyone about one of his tenants being arrested and he had no way to collect rent. Real estate agents would talk about their deals how much they just made on a particular house, and how they threw just threw a party at a 10 million dollar ocean front home when the owners were out of town.

The only issue is since they are participating with full names, their posts can be searched. So you have a tenant applicant who saw a post about him and said he was rejected because he is black or gay or pregnant or whatever, or an existing tenant suing because her messy apartment pictures were posted and made fun of. It can get back to bite you. If you have full contact information your participation has to be totally professional and joking around could lead to headaches.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.238 seconds