dcsimg

Has anyone tried Jones Per Project Insurance?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  montreal_woodworks 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I got a gig for a property management company and they asked me for a certificate of insurance, but all annual policies were too expensive. A friend introduced me to his insurance agent at Jones Insurance who gave me a $95 quote for a project-specific certificate. Has anyone bought this on demand policy from Michael?

Welcome to BTP.

Thought I’d let you know that this level of solicitation can come off as a pitch, which is against the rules, doubly so for new accounts where we can’t easily tell a real poster from a spam account.

@chadm @bethepro

If you are serious though, I have also looked into job-level insurance. While it is much more expensive if you do many jobs, for the 4-6 jobs a year category, it can be less painful, and its also less of a gamble starting out, where you can bake the cost into your price and you are out nothing if you don’t get the contract

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

@mirudman please fill out your profile then head over to the introduction thread to tell us a bit about yourself. Welcome to BTP!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I wasn’t aware of per project insurance. Sure would be an easy option for starting in business or for time limited jobs.

Doobie

This seems to be definitely self solicitation. Member’s name and email are the same ‘Micheal’.

While it may be useful to some, it is likely not unique either. There’s insurance for everything and anything out there if you look hard enough.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@mirudman

As was mentioned above, solicitation is not allowed on Be The Pro. As such, I’ve removed the link from your post

Normally a post such as this would be flagged as Spam and be removed, But it seems as if the premise of the thread itself may interest a few members…for now, it remains active.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

To me the question becomes unless you’re just doing one or two projects a year why wouldn’t you be carrying insurance Year round to cover your business in reality if you don’t have insurance you shouldn’t be doing work for other people or you’re putting yourself in jeopardy.

To me the question becomes unless you’re just doing one or two projects a year why wouldn’t you be carrying insurance Year round to cover your business in reality if you don’t have insurance you shouldn’t be doing work for other people or you’re putting yourself in jeopardy.

I could see it as good if you are occasionally doing sideline projects, or waiting for work to pick up with your real employer. You don’t know if you will do more than a job or two, so you don’t want to get your own insurance until you know. I could see it as an easy way to be insured even for a one-off – which is better than seeing guys have no insurance because they dont do enough work to see the value of dropping serious money on an annual coverage

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@mirudman please make sure to follow the advice given here. We don’t mind sharing knowledge but if it smells like spam, it usually is until you get transparent with the community.

We look forward to seeing more posts regarding construction and tools.

Sincerely,

Jim
    Community Manager

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I agree. Just another way that bottom feeders can sneak in and grab work without all of the expenses that us legit guys have incurred.

I agree. Just another way that bottom feeders can sneak in and grab work without all of the expenses that us legit guys have incurred.

This is a decent way of separating those guys from the legit outfits just starting out. Probably costs a lot more per job to be insured this way, but with less initial outlay. Means the margins are even smaller until they invest in “big boy” insurance, and that there is no excuse for the small guy not to be insured – so its that much easier to enforce rules about needing to be insured.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.419 seconds