dcsimg

Has anyone seen the new Makita cordless tools

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Thatkid
    Pro

I was in Home Depot today and saw the new Makita cordless tool display and I was impressed. They had a 7 1/4 circular saw that ran off 2 batteries and a mini sawzall that looked like the 12v dewalt but it was 18v. The circular saw impressed me but it was expensive 200$ with no batteries. I do like the thought of it being 36v. The sawzall seemed really nice and it was lighter than a normal sawzall. It seemed like it would be a nice tool for a plumber

I haven’t seen them in person, just pics and videos online. I wish that saw had the blade on the other side.

I’m interested in the sawzall though.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

That new Milwaukee Fuel Hackzall is nice. Their 12v stuff is getting cloer to the 18v stuff on the market.

Resident Sign Guy

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

I have the Milwaukee 12V hacksaw and it has come in handy for so many things, more than what I thought when i bought it.
    I find myself using my Milwaukee 12V tools twice as much as my 18V.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent seen the new makita but know a couple people that have the dual 18v circ saw.. i was in one of the local tool dealers a few weeks back asking about it and their saying mid to late May before they get it in. Busy bee tools is the only shop in town that has the 4.0 amp batteries though, i was in there a week ago to pick up another 3.0 amp and they had one of the 4.0 amps right there at the counter

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@jkirk, how do you guys have the 4.0 batteries in Canada already? We don’t even have them in my HD here in the states yet!

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I was in Home Depot today and saw the new Makita cordless tool display and I was impressed. They had a 7 1/4 circular saw that ran off 2 batteries and a mini sawzall that looked like the 12v dewalt but it was 18v. The circular saw impressed me but it was expensive 200$ with no batteries. I do like the thought of it being 36v. The sawzall seemed really nice and it was lighter than a normal sawzall. It seemed like it would be a nice tool for a plumber

I haven’t seen them in person yet either. Only the online reviews and vid’s.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

busy bee tools is a woodworking and tool dealer in canada, atlas toola and machinery in toronto and it wouldnt surprise me if the ontario locations of prime fasteners along with the ones out west have them.

id say home depot in the states will have them but just not yet as the new batteries havent gone into mass distribution, your best bet would be to try your local makita service shop or tool dealers

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’d go to Atlas in canada like Jeff mentioned. They are really great to deal with, I’m in Calgary and it’s a long ways to ship but I still use them quite a bit, the service is second to none from there. They also get a lot of stuff in earlier than almost anywhere else.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw them all today at the big Slims HeMan Competition sale. All the dealer reps where there showing off there latest. That 18volt X2 would be nice if the blade was on the left side because I’m right handed.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Not in person yet but I’ve seen them online and they look nice.

Thatkid
    Pro

Wow it sounds like I was pretty lucky for my Home Depot to have these then.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Not at HD around me yet.
    Dirty mentioned the mini sawzall has me curious to see one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I looked on my home depot pro app and a couple of stores have them, I just haven’t been by there yet to see them in person.

As a side note, their pro app is really a great tool that I highly recommend.

www.mysteeldeck.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Stopped by my HD today. No sign of them anywhere, anywhere, anywhere, anywhere………

I stopped by one today as well, even though the app listed the saw as being on hand it listed no location and I could not find it anywhere… There might be a “release date” for HD. Dunno.

www.mysteeldeck.com

Well I just so happen to have 2 of the Makita x2 36v saws. I had to get 2 just to one up Dirty :). I really like this saw a lot. One for framing and one is going to be used as a track saw. I do wish the blade was on the left side but it is in no way a deal breaker for me. I was able to get over 300 cuts of 2×4 and 2×6 on one charge with the 3.0ah batteries. I stopped counting after 375 with the 4.0ah batteries. I just wish they came with a makpac or some kind of container.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow, that sounds like a great review Joe, I hope we see more of the 2x 36v saws out there from others, Festool has already done it I’m sure someone else is not too far behind them.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I stopped counting after 375 with the 4.0ah batteries.

I can’t even get a 4.0AH battery over here and the dealers don’t even know they are out there.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw them all at the big sale. That small sawsall was hard to stay away from.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.485 seconds