dcsimg

Hard case plastic latch/clasp repair

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a few hard cases – some use metal latch, some use plastic.

Here is a plastic case in the middle that has two plastic buckles and one fell off and the other is dangling loosely.

I would like to salvage the case because it is a set of diamond hole saws with all the pieces nicely arranged inside. I could keep the case closed with a velcro strap or twist wire around the handles for now. I wonder if I can get some metal latch/clasp and attach them to each half of the case? Any bright ideas?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a few hard cases – some use metal latch, some use plastic.

Here is a plastic case in the middle that has two plastic buckles and one fell off and the other is dangling loosely.

I would like to salvage the case because it is a set of diamond hole saws with all the pieces nicely arranged. I could keep the case closed with a velcro strap or twist wire around the handles. I wonder if I can get some metal latch/clasp and attach them to each half of the case? Any ideas?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Try to rivet some sort of clasp.
    Gluing it won’t do any good.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    Doobie

What about just cutting the lid off and taking the bottom and dropping it into like a Systainer or a Bosch L Boxx?

I was just going to say use self adhesive Velcro , easy fix and should last a while , but like sorpa and sprokitz suggested are both great alternatives. I just used the Velcro myself in the past.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What about just cutting the lid off and taking the bottom and dropping it into like a Systainer or a Bosch L Boxx?

Both the top and bottom of the case have depressions that holds the pieces in their place. If I put them into another box the height would have to be just right or else it would just be a mess inside a mess inside a larger box which is a bigger hassle than just a velcro around the handle or a strap around the entire case. Besides, using a bigger case will require sacrifice in the foot print. I don’t want to dedicate this much space for a set of hole saws.

I might look at just combining all hole saws into a single bigger box though and forget about having them being nicely arranged by size. Right now I have two sets of wood and bimetal (in boxes), one set of carbide (in box), one set of diamonds (in broken box), a miscellaneous hodge podge of diamonds (no box), May be I can put them all into a bigger box, I don’t know, the arbors and bits and accessories would be all over though.

Doobie

Both the top and bottom of the case have depressions that holds the pieces in their place. If I put them into another box the height would have to be just right or else it would just be a mess inside a mess inside a larger box which is a bigger hassle than just a velcro around the handle or a strap around the entire case. Besides, using a bigger case will require sacrifice in the foot print. I don’t want to dedicate this much space for a set of hole saws.

I might look at just combining all hole saws into a single bigger box though and forget about having them being nicely arranged by size. Right now I have two sets of wood and bimetal (in boxes), one set of carbide (in box), one set of diamonds (in broken box), a miscellaneous hodge podge of diamonds (no box), May be I can put them all into a bigger box, I don’t know, the arbors and bits and accessories would be all over though.

I kinda thought that might be the case. I do recall also about how have no real space to add stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.294 seconds