dcsimg

Harbor Freight Sounds Like I'm Missing something?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 117 total)
  • Author

I don’t see the problem??? If the thread is open why not post on it? I know most new guys don’t even look at the date. I would think being kind and welcoming to the new members seeing as we have so few.

Youre right. Welcome to any and all who come with anything to offer or to learn

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have bought a few tools from HF. Not the best quality, but for a person like me who don’t use them on a daily basis they are good and the price is right when you get them on sale of using a coupon.

You are correct Harbor Freight allows one to stretch their tool budget a bit. Look not every tool at HF is high quality or will last a lifetime but there are quite a few that will last beyond the first use. My first Oscillating Multi-Tool was bought at HF for $9.99, it worked (still have it) It allowed me to see if I had a use for one which I found out I did now I have a Bosch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have bought a few tools from HF. Not the best quality, but for a person like me who don’t use them on a daily basis they are good and the price is right when you get them on sale of using a coupon.

You are correct Harbor Freight allows one to stretch their tool budget a bit. Look not every tool at HF is high quality or will last a lifetime but there are quite a few that will last beyond the first use. My first Oscillating Multi-Tool was bought at HF for $9.99, it worked (still have it) It allowed me to see if I had a use for one which I found out I did now I have a Bosch.

Thats a really good point. There are quite a few cheap tools in my basement that served to show me that I had use for a real one, and that served as “gateway tools”

WHY WONT MY BLACK AND DECKER MOUSE SANDER DIE????

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thats a really good point. There are quite a few cheap tools in my basement that served to show me that I had use for a real one, and that served as “gateway tools”

WHY WONT MY BLACK AND DECKER MOUSE SANDER DIE????

I don’t mind buying tools from Princess Auto. I have only wrenches and sockets floor jack few other things. I have never had any problems with them yet. Mine you I only use them couple times a year. If I lived closer I would probably have more of there tools.

I have mouse sander I love it. It is the smaller one.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I don’t mind buying tools from Princess Auto.

Neither do I. I used to shun them years ago, but gradually over time I have found some of their offerings to be not bad at all albeit none of super high quality. They have their place for certain things I’ve needed and their returns and satisfaction guarantee policy is far netter than many other places I buy from which makes trying out their wares a much easier decision.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I apologize if I ruffled some feathers with posting on a old post and bringing it back. With that being said I did start a post last week and someone told me there was already post/thread started on the same subject (which I didn’t check very good) and a day or 2 later my post was closed. Are we not to look at old post/threads and comment if I wanted to say something?

keko
    Pro

there hand tools are ok such as files speed squares sandpaper but as far electric tools they don’t last very long.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @hojo04 wrote:

I apologize if I ruffled some feathers with posting on a old post and bringing it back. With that being said I did start a post last week and someone told me there was already post/thread started on the same subject (which I didn’t check very good) and a day or 2 later my post was closed. Are we not to look at old post/threads and comment if I wanted to say something?

Please don’t worry about,,, it seems some here are on their period all the time, at least that was what I was told. Not only are they driving away old members but new ones as well. Hang in there it has to get better.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes this was brought to my attention about bringing back a old thread. I was told:
    Posting on old threads is totally fine as long as the content is adding to the thread or furthering the conversation. The posts we would like to avoid are those that aren’t stimulating conversation.

I hope this helps.

Greg

RonW
    Holladay, Tn
    hojo04 wrote:

Please don’t worry about,,, it seems some here are on their period all the time, at least that was what I was told. Not only are they driving away old members but new ones as well. Hang in there it has to get better.

It has to get better or it will go away!

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well I can only say that I quite like some of HF’s tools. I mean my HF bandsaw is amazing, it just keeps going. I’ve also bought a aluminum racing jack there that has lasted me many years. I don’t mind them, I mean there are a few things i’d probably avoid however the majority of it seems to be decent.

well I can only say that I quite like some of HF’s tools. I mean my HF bandsaw is amazing, it just keeps going. I’ve also bought a aluminum racing jack there that has lasted me many years. I don’t mind them, I mean there are a few things i’d probably avoid however the majority of it seems to be decent.

What size do you have, and is it HF or Princess Auto?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

There are good and bad at both the HF and PA stores.

I have a HF 17″ Central Machinery Drill Press, that I purchased at auction for $80 and it was well worth every Canadian nickle that I paid for it.
    Had a couple small parts missing but I purchased parts that were for a 17″0 General Drill Press and they fit right on.

If there were HF’s in Canada, I’d check them out.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

HF it can’t all be junk or they would have gone out of business a long time ago. Some of it is but there are lots of gems in there too. The difference is the tools might not run as smooth as some of the higher end tools or might not have the finish of a Snap-on tool but for the most part they get the job done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

HF it can’t all be junk or they would have gone out of business a long time ago. Some of it is but there are lots of gems in there too. The difference is the tools might not run as smooth as some of the higher end tools or might not have the finish of a Snap-on tool but for the most part they get the job done.

Lots of good quality stuff there. Cant all afford dewalt u no

Don’t think I have bought from H F, but have definitely bought some stuff from princess auto, and maybe another small tools shop, it’s definitely depending on the use and the amount of time you use the tools or accessories,
    I have had good use and wear with the tools and accessories I have bought at P A

Don’t think I have bought from H F, but have definitely bought some stuff from princess auto, and maybe another small tools shop, it’s definitely depending on the use and the amount of time you use the tools or accessories,
    I have had good use and wear with the tools and accessories I have bought at P A

Its a good way to see if you will ever need it again. If nothing else, stuff is often the same price as renting, so even if it only lasts for a job or two, it removes the rush to be finished in time for the rental return

Its a good way to see if you will ever need it again. If nothing else, stuff is often the same price as renting, so even if it only lasts for a job or two, it removes the rush to be finished in time for the rental return

Good point, never really thought of it that way. Another good feature of discussion on BTP.
    Thanks.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

right now I have been eyeing the hydraulic lift cart that princess auto sells, I haven’t seen anyone use it but I was thinking it would be good as an extra movable cart and if I had a torsion box it could be a moving assembly table.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

right now I have been eyeing the hydraulic lift cart that princess auto sells, I haven’t seen anyone use it but I was thinking it would be good as an extra movable cart and if I had a torsion box it could be a moving assembly table.

That would be a good idea to get a hydraulic lift cart to use as assembly table. I may have steal this idea.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.453 seconds