dcsimg

Happy Thanksgiving !

This topic contains 157 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 1 year ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 158 total)
  • Author

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my fellow Canadians here . Have a great weekend and enjoy your turkey ! 🙂

That’s right, yours comes before the U.S. celebration John. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian members! Enjoy.

woodman_412

Happy Thanksgiving to you too John and all us other Canadians! We certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Looking forward to a nice turkey dinner tomorrow 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanksgiving dinner sounds great rite now…but ours is 5-6 weeks away. Happy Turkey Day!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Happy Thanksgiving John and to all the other Canucks on BTP.
    This will be the first year where there will not be a hoard of people in the house for dinner.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Happy Thanksgiving up north.
    Do you have a big turkey dinner with family like we do?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Happy Thanksgiving up north.
    Do you have a big turkey dinner with family like we do?

Today I am spending it with my kids and 5 grandkids .Turkey and pumpkin pie 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Happy Thanksgiving Canada! Hope you all have a nice day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Happy Thanksgiving right back at you!, also to all my other Canadian friends.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Turkey is on the menu for Monday for us. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. As a tradition I will link to wiki.
    In Canada
    Main article: Thanksgiving (Canada)
    While some researchers state that “there is no compelling narrative of the origins of the Canadian Thanksgiving day”,[4] the first Canadian Thanksgiving is often traced back to 1578 and the explorer Martin Frobisher. Frobisher, who had been trying to find a northern passage to the Pacific Ocean, held his Thanksgiving celebration not for harvest but in thanks for surviving the long journey from England through the perils of storms and icebergs. On his third and final voyage to the far north, Frobisher held a formal ceremony in Frobisher Bay in Baffin Island (present-day Nunavut) to give thanks to God and in a service ministered by the preacher Robert Wolfall they celebrated Communion.[5]

Oven-roasted turkey
    The origins of Canadian Thanksgiving are also sometimes traced to the French settlers who came to New France with explorer Samuel de Champlain in the early 17th century, who celebrated their successful harvests. The French settlers in the area typically had feasts at the end of the harvest season and continued throughout the winter season, even sharing food with the indigenous peoples of the area.

As settlers arrived in Canada from New England, late autumn Thanksgiving celebrations became common. New immigrants into the country—such as the Irish, Scottish, and Germans—also added their own traditions to the harvest celebrations. Most of the US aspects of Thanksgiving (such as the turkey), were incorporated when United Empire Loyalists began to flee from the United States during the American Revolution and settled in Canada.[6]

Thanksgiving is now a statutory holiday in most jurisdictions of Canada, with the exception of the Atlantic provinces of Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

A Working Pro since 2004

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Hmmmm Turkey and saukraut perogies.

Enjot the long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada! Cannot wait until it rolls around here…one of my favorite holidays!

Orange County, CA

Anonymous

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you gentlemen from Canada. Have a great holiday!

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian members.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Thanksgiving is now a statutory holiday in most jurisdictions of Canada, with the exception of the Atlantic provinces of Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

I didn’t know that. Why the heck not?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Happy Thanksgiving to all as well. We are hosting some of the kids and grandkids but sadly a couple will be missing this year. I don’t think the ham will last long, nor the pumpkin pie either.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I’m looking forward to our American Thanksgiving. I love turkey and dressing but I only seem to get it at Thanksgiving.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im gonna gobble til i wobble… heading to the folks for dinner.. not to sound greedy but it sounds like this year its only gonna be 3 of us there.. usually they invite some friends over as well and they normally buy a small turkey.. meaning i dont get much food. then leave shortly after to cook myself more food.. lol. big appetite

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.508 seconds