dcsimg

Hand tool storage

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

For small and easy access I have a little travel toolbox made by Festool . Just like @austin has . It’s like a go box . Doesn’t carry everything thow .

I’ve got a couple of those. A tall one and a short one. They are super handy imo.

For small and easy access I have a little travel toolbox made by Festool . Just like @austin has . It’s like a go box . Doesn’t carry everything thow .

I’ve got a couple of those. A tall one and a short one. They are super handy imo.

I was thinking of picking up the small toolbox . My thing is I can’t stack them on top of each other .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Sure you can. You just can’t have any thing sticking up out of it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is my new set up. It’s nice I can click them together and take them all together.

That’s a nice system really. Nice it all stacks together.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s my problem I’m always over stuffing it with tools and materials so it’s hard to stack them .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s my problem I’m always over stuffing it with tools and materials so it’s hard to stack them .

I only have one tote so I keep it on top. I wouldn’t mind getting another one in the future though. But I can see how it could be a problem

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I have a ridged bag but I’m getting ready to try the l-boxx

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I had previously tried, tool boxes, bags, and even the bucket buddies for hand tools. I have now settled on the Dewalt Tough Boxes and think this will be it for awhile. My biggest issue now is just figuring out which boxes work best for which tasks.

Rovik
    Pro

I use a toolbox for my hand tool storage

Norway

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

If my tool box was only that neat and orderly !
    Wow Rovik. Way to do it.

That looks great!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

You know that’s a really tough act to follow @rovik. How do you manage to keep it looking like that?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Rovik
    Pro

Thanks for the comments guys 🙂

@smallerstick
    , the key is to clean the tools and put it back in the right place after use.

Here are some more drawer pictures of my toolbox. I still have 3 more drawers to fill.

Norway

Rovik
    Pro
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That’s some serious organizing there. Tool boxes like that should be like this.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

That’s excellent organizing. I have a small snap on cabinet. I tried to eliminate triples and quadruples of my sockets out of sanity.
    I don’t even do much mechanical work but aquired a lot of these tools.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie

I had previously tried, tool boxes, bags, and even the bucket buddies for hand tools.

I set up a bucket buddy 15 years ago as a temp measure while I built up my shop expecting to change that at one point. I’m still using it and have plans to change. Even built a wheeled caddy for it to move it around my shop as needed. I guess what i found I liked about it is that it is compact for space and I can find things at a glance.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ivan that tool box layout is very nice. You did a good job maximizing the space in each drawer. Some guys feel that tool organization is not necessary or too much trouble. As a young mechanic like everybody else I just threw my tools in the drawer and figured that was good enough. Then I lost a few tools by leaving them in customers cars and my Snap-on dealer showed me how to organize each drawer and then scan them at the end of the job for any open spaces that would alert me to a missing tool. Haven’t lost a tool since 1975.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Not one bit of kaizan foam….I like that!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not one bit of kaizan foam….I like that!

I noticed that as well, but Ivan made liberal use of the non-slide drawer liners which I am a big fan of. Put those in and the tools stay put.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.869 seconds