dcsimg

Hand tool storage

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I was wondering what everyone uses to carry hand tools to the job. I currently have a cheap plastic toolbox with a tray, where I store an assortment of screwdrivers, pliers, holesaws etc…but I really need something different. I love the looks of those Veto packs, but not sure if I want to spend the money. Does anyone use them or something similar?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I use a Husky tool tote for my hand tools. It works and is cheep.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have started packing a lot of things in L-Boxx’s for our out of town jobs where we have to take a lot of tools and fasteners.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

The biggest thing I don’t like about my basic toolbox is I have to about dump it out to find everything that’s in there..I have a pretty good assortment of electrical and plumbing tools, plus chisels, nail sets, wrenches, small prybars etc.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I have a husky bag for my hand tools.best way to carry those type of tools.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

There’s lots of sizes and options with the tool totes like Ron posted, and don’t forget about those bucket bosses.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Funny I just got a couple new systainers for my hand tools. I will post a pic of them tomorrow. I think they will work out well.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I also use a husky tote like what rons uses. However I am thinking of making the switch to what will uses and that is the ridgid hard case with wheels. I just will wait till i make the trip over to the states to buy it. over here in canada it is double the price plus some.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have 2 differetn bucket bags set up, a husky brand one for siding tools, a carhartt one for general use tools.. from there 2 husky electricians bags for my interior trim hand tools

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have been trying to find a good tool bag or box for years.
    Seams no matter what I get I have to dig or dump everything.
    The Husky bags are pretty nice but they are heavy before you even put any tools in it. I am using a big rolling box now and have a love hate relationship with it. Nice when I get it to the job but takes 2 of us to load into the truck.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Same here, about a half a dozen husky bags broken in specific work.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I use the same type of bag….just a bit more messy.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I have a bag similar to this when I help someone out and grab tool I think I need.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I use the same type of bag….just a bit more messy.

Love the Knipex you’ve got in that bag. I’ve got one in my box, awesome tool!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i did have a veto pro pac that a buddy gave me years ago, it held my trim hand tools but he asked for it back a little over a year ago. they are very very well built definitely worth the money

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I have the large CLC open top tool bags. I can’t work out of closed top or zip up bags.

I have several CLC bags. On for plumbing, one for electrical, one for tile, etc.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I keep a lot of the smalls in the small DeWalt ToughBoXX..

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Dirty Are you really using that little folding square??

Andrew got all of to get one and I don’t think I used mine once. Lol

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have been trying to find a good tool bag or box for years.
    Seams no matter what I get I have to dig or dump everything.
    The Husky bags are pretty nice but they are heavy before you even put any tools in it. I am using a big rolling box now and have a love hate relationship with it. Nice when I get it to the job but takes 2 of us to load into the truck.

you can’t turn it around and pull it on to the truck bed or van bed? that would deter me from getting the ridgid rolling cart, if i were to load up on all my hand tools.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I was wondering what everyone uses to carry hand tools to the job. I currently have a cheap plastic toolbox with a tray, where I store an assortment of screwdrivers, pliers, holesaws etc…but I really need something different. I love the looks of those Veto packs, but not sure if I want to spend the money. Does anyone use them or something similar?

I have a LBOXX-4 with all my drywall/flooring/cement tools in that I use and I also use a Bucket Buddy that has been kicking around for over 30 years.
    The Veto bags look good but yea they do cost a pretty penny.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.547 seconds