dcsimg

Habitat For Humanity Re-Store

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    tomd
    Pro

The Re-stores are nice and have some unique items. My only issue is , just once so far, someone bought a window from there and called me for warranty parts. Obviously, no warranty on this stuff. But, they do a great job

woodman_412

We have a Re-Store in town here. I’ve never been in but one of my clients loves buying things there and bought a few items for the kitchen I built for them. I’ve been looking for a good place to get rid of some countertops etc that I remove from homes and never thought of taking them to the Re-Store…I’ll have to go by next week and see what they’ll take. Would much rather see the materials go to good use than get wasted.

Dan

danpattison.com

sorry rob – i was referring to the client – not you, ha… sorry… that is just mind baffling… so much money you just dont know what to do with it all…

John S

I have a Re-store in my area. I went there looking for a couple small windows for a shed. But all the prices were to high and they would not budge on them. So I don’t think I will refer anyone unless they are looking to match something you can not buy anymore.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

We have to restores in Milwaukee now. They are great about coming to a home or job site to pickup unwanted items that they can reuse or resell.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have used the one in Tulsa Ok several times. I buy mostly although I have a few doors I need to run by there. I bought quite a few doors when I was working on REO houses. The criteria on them was that the door had to be intact and securable and they paid accordingly. If you replaced the kicked in doors with new you couldn’t make much money because of their fee schedule. I was picking up solid core exterior doors at the Restore for a song. Since style, color, and condition (mostly) did not count the Restore was the only way to go. The extra money I made shopping used doors certainly paid for the time and effort to go check.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We had one we would take st u ff to once in a while but it closed.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am thinking about pouring the slab for my new shed soon. I think the re-store may be able to offer up some windows or other components for the shed for cheap.

kzcarp
    Pro

Larry Haun ( ” A Carpenters Life as Told Through Houses”)was a great supporter of Habitat for Humanity, their housing work and other efforts. He built a greenhouse with mostly re-store material. The local chapter here has been trying to get a re-store going. I end up throwing stuff away because I have no immediate use and no storage to hang on to it.

kevin

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I have something reusable I’ll donate it. I like to go in and shop. Sometimes find good deals on supplies for crafting.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The HO at the house I am remodeling has found a lot of stuff for the remodel from the Re store here in the springs.

I’ve never been to a re-store . Is things cheap .

Always willing to learn .

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

@Skillman
    Most things are priced well 36 inch oak door new 25$. But some things are a tad pricey. Great place to find discontinued hardware.

I have dropped off lots of good material I could not store or use.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Went to habitat today and they had some nice hardwood flooring. Maybe enough to do a small room. Their prices are really good. It a great place to donate to and to shop at. If they have what you want you’ll get a real deal and your helping someone at the same time. Can’t beat that.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I go to one every few weeks nearby , they have all kinds of good junk sometimes and the prices are usually pretty good .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea that’s the secret. You have to stop in to check it out from time to time because it all keeps changing. There’s one near my home and I’ll just stop in on my way home just to see what’s in.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My local restore is trying to sell an ancient radial arm saw for $300… It has a tag on it that says “table saw”.

It also doesn’t have a table on it…completely missing!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

My local restore is trying to sell an ancient radial arm saw for $300… It has a tag on it that says “table saw”.

It also doesn’t have a table on it…completely missing!

they must be waiting for someone to donate the table part to make it a complete kit 🙂

@Skillman
    Most things are priced well 36 inch oak door new 25$. But some things are a tad pricey. Great place to find discontinued hardware.

I have dropped off lots of good material I could not store or use.

Ya for sure a good spot for old hardware.

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I think the ReStore is great. We go quite often. We were in the Goderich ON store and they had flat pack kitchen cabinets with solid doors coming in. We helped sort them for 3 days looking for what we wanted and did all the base cabinets in our kitchen for about $500. Great deal! We have also picked up numerous other items there.

If you find your local ReStore location’s Facebook page, some put up pictures of goods that have just arrived. I have 4 locations within short driving distance.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.563 seconds