dcsimg

Grizzly 4.5 inch mini track saw

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

I think you would be much better off with the Bosch 18V cordless saw and a shop made track as far as accuracy and quality goes. I think with cheap tools like these you get people buying them and hoping for the best and being disappointed.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

it was on sale yesterday for $60

Sure is affordable in the US. I still don’t think I would have a use for it.

I bought the full size version of that saw and brunt it on the first day. I think that 4 inch saw would be 60$ down the drain.

I like Grizzly big equipment. Have not tried their smaller stuff. Not sure i would either. But like many said there isnt much use to that saw with only a 24″ track

perhaps its aimed at a different market, maybe somebody who deals with smaller pieces of wood can make use of it. Like those model ship builders, there is a whole line of power tools aimed at the model boat builder.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Have not tried their smaller stuff.

It’s not theirs. Grizzly is just a name. They have their stuff built or buy from the low bidder.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

you can see here it comes with many names on it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

ahh so everyone just buys it from the same factory. I wonder if there are different tolerances depending on who is purchasing them for resale.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

ThanX for that Dirty.
    Amazing how it’s all manufactured under one roof and only have to change the colour of the injected molded plastic and grip.
    Got to wonder who actually owns the patent rights to the design?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

ThanX for that Dirty.
    Amazing how it’s all manufactured under one roof and only have to change the colour of the injected molded plastic and grip.

Good question. Someone is collecting the profit…

Makes me wonder what the retail prices of these are. I’ve compared stationary belt sanders and found many of them are identical aside from their color… And the price!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ThanX for that Dirty.

Wow somebody must really be cranking these out in China. They just build hem and ship them out. Expect to see this in Harbor Freight catalog soon then.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.537 seconds