dcsimg

Grizzly 4.5 inch mini track saw

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

It looks like a toy compared to the real McKoys.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I was flipping through a Canadian woodworking magazine and saw an ad for this mini track saw from Grizzly.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mini-Track-Saw-4-1-2-/T10824

I did a quick search here and didn’t see anything about it. I’m guessing that its been out for a while. It has a 1 and 1/16 inch cutting depth when used on the track.

Has anyone used this saw? Any feedback about it as an inexpensive option?

is it easy to get grizzly stuff in Canada? I’ve been wondering about their bandsaws as they are priced competitively.

The Grizzly ad was in the latest issue of Canadian Woodworking (Jan 2016). At the bottom of the ad was a discount code and a note about free brokerage rates on machinery crossing into Canada.

I’m about 30 minutes away from the Bellingham Grizzly store but I don’t head over the border too often

I should really read the ads that come with my canadian woodworker magazine. too bad the prices is in usd and with the exchange rate that tacks on a couple hundred more. sigh..

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just got a E-mail from Grizzly on this saw. Looks like that have it on sale.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

already, they just debuted it no? already have it on sale, how much of a sale are they offering?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

it was on sale yesterday for $60

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

already, they just debuted it no? already have it on sale, how much of a sale are they offering?

Here in the states they had it listed for 60 bucks.

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s interesting…wonder why it is so cheap…lol!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s interesting…wonder why it is so cheap…lol!

Well they save money on they 24″ track….

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 24″ track bothers me. What I need one for is cut up 4’X8′ sheets of plywood and 24″ gets me no where. Wonder if they hook together to make an 8′ track?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The 24″ track bothers me. What I need one for is cut up 4’X8′ sheets of plywood and 24″ gets me no where. Wonder if they hook together to make an 8′ track?

You would need to hook 5 together to cut 8 feet. It needs to hang over the front and end of the cut.

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow that is cheap, good on grizzley for making it accessible to the average person, and it isn’t 800 plus dollars.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Sure is affordable in the US. I still don’t think I would have a use for it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

$69 today, come one I know one of you bought it fess up and tell us how it works

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I bought the full size version of that saw and brunt it on the first day. I think that 4 inch saw would be 60$ down the drain.

Dirty

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I bought the full size version of that saw and brunt it on the first day. I think that 4 inch saw would be 60$ down the drain.

I like Grizzly big equipment. Have not tried their smaller stuff. Not sure i would either. But like many said there isnt much use to that saw with only a 24″ track

woodman_412

I thought it was interesting looking until I saw the price and the length of the track. Between being cheap quality and the track being way too short I don’t think it would be a whole lot of use. Might be good for someone that does hobby type work that cuts down partial sheets of ply on occasion.

Dan

danpattison.com

Building doll houses, like Dirty said, you would need 5 tracks at 20 something a track, so much for being cheaper, better off spending a little more and getting a quality brand. And full size to boot.

redwood
    Pro

I hate to say it, but “You get what you pay for”.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Cheap is the word here that describes it accurately IMHO. I would skip it and buy one of the better saws.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought it was interesting looking until I saw the price and the length of the track. Between being cheap quality and the track being way too short I don’t think it would be a whole lot of use.

Thought the same thing myself when I looked into it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.380 seconds