dcsimg

Grinders

This topic contains 96 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 4 years ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Dirty it took 15 to 20 min , I could get more aggressive with it an get it in the 10 to 15 min range . Heres a photo of a time consuming cut out . It was a concrete polished glass table top . I had casted . The table top was not being used so I thought I would try to cut a hole in it
    an make it for a fire hydrant table . It took about 30 min

Attachments:

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

it took 15 to 20 min , I could get more aggressive with it an get it in the 10 to 15 min range . Heres a photo of a time consuming cut out . It was a concrete polished glass table top . I had casted . The table top was not being used so I thought I would try to cut a hole in it
    an make it for a fire hydrant table . It took about 30 min

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Sven
    If I let it cut the circle alone would probably look something like this .http://youtu.be/dq6T5BojXc8

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I use dry polishing diamond pads on my bosch variable speed grinder . Easier to see your work progression for me than wet.

Attachments:

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Really nice work Gerald, that table is super cool, is that effect on the side natural from the cut? It’s really nice.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Thanks Matt ,
    The ornamentation on the side was part of my mold building process . Very easy .
    I just put textured wall paper in the mold for the edge . The round shape of the mold was made from 3 1/4″ steel band material . I shaped the band material to size an sheet metal screwed it. Sprayed glue on the inside of the band , placed the wall on the inside of it .
    Mixed quick crete & water reducer & some polymer ,poured an vibrated . Then added glass to the wet mix on top . Troweled it in , let it dry . Ground an polished it . The ornamentation on the side I used smiths Paint an raged it in to color.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ll use this thread to ask about the 1974-8 7″ 15 Ah Large Angle Grinder Does anyone know if Bosch has a
    7″ Dust Extraction Guard for Cutting Concrete
    this one to fit it??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like that one is for a 6″ Dirty. The only 7″ that I see is for surface grinding. And its for there older model grinders.

Maybe @Dabbs can find it for you.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like i’ll hav e to us e the 5 or 6 inchh for the cutting of tiles before demo…

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It looks like i’ll hav e to us e the 5 or 6 inchh for the cutting of tiles before demo…

Cutting tiles? I think the weight of the 7″ would be a problem. I use my 4 1/2″ or 5″ VS grinder to cut tile.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous

Looks like that one is for a 6″ Dirty. The only 7″ that I see is for surface grinding. And its for there older model grinders.

Maybe @Dabbs can find it for you.

I didn’t see anything for the 7″ for what he’s doing either

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wish I could help but all our grinding is done outside and without any dust collection on every size grinder.

A Working Pro since 2004

That is a beast of a grinder. I just checked my Bosch catalog and there is an attachment for it for cutting just like the one Dirty shows – it is item number 19DC-7. Looks like they sell one for 9 inch and 12 inch attachments too.

For surfacing attachments it looks like 18SG-7 and USG-7 are two available versions for the 7 inch grinder that Ron and Dabbs show.

Not sure if these work with all current model numbers or not – my catalog is the 2012/2013 version, so a little outdated.

Orange County, CA

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I had seen the 19DC-7, but it says “Compatible with 1800-series 7-Inch Small Angle Grinders”. I didn’t know if it would work on the grinder Dirty posted?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous

Oh wow that’s weird I was just looking at that to post, Found it on the site. At least I think it’s the same thing but it doesn’t have much info on it and the number is different http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=1605510215

Oh wow that’s weird I was just looking at that to post, Found it on the site. At least I think it’s the same thing but it doesn’t have much info on it and the number is different http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=1605510215

That one looks pretty heavy-duty.

I had seen the 19DC-7, but it says “Compatible with 1800-series 7-Inch Small Angle Grinders”. I didn’t know if it would work on the grinder Dirty posted?

Yeah – I wonder if they changed anything or just need to update the model numbers. Cannot imagine that they would sell the grinders without the guarding/DC options available, but who knows. I got the surface grinding one with my grinder and it is pretty slick. You can pop the small section out to see what you are doing.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I did see that one dabbs. There is no info on it tho??

Cutting tiles? I think the weight of the 7″ would be a problem. I use my 4 1/2″ or 5″ VS grinder to cut tile.

I have a 4″-a4½” and a 5″ grinder and it’s for cutting tile. It’s to cut the grout lines down through the durock to demo the mess. We find the busting it up comes a lot easier if we cut it into quadrants. The 7″ grinder will shred a room fast and the weight is a non issue because they all weight the same when they are sitting on it’s table. This grinder would cut as deep as my 7¼” skil saw but with dust extraction. It would fill the larger grinder void.

Dirty

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.527 seconds