dcsimg

Grinder holders .

This topic contains 17 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kevin Doobie 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gerald Taylor
    gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Nothing new but just makes my work cutting metal / granite easier . I hang my grinders with vacuum hose fitted with different blades on this . Ive been hanging on to a Chinese halogen tri pod for sometime .
    I just took some 1/8″ metal sheet , cut notches in it to hold grinders . Then welded a piece on the bottom if sheet an attached to tripod . Also had a old grinder handle an attached to plate for easy moving .

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . I'm retired as a railroad conductor an worked in the industry for 41 years . But as a hobby I worked in concrete public art . ( my works can be seen at imagesinconcrete.com . )
    But currently I create of one of a kind hand crafted granite furniture . ( my granite web site is
    taylormadebygerald.com )
    In my studio I make lazy Susan's an tables that can be personalized by sandblasting or deeply diamond engraved . The sand blasted image

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nothing new but just makes my work cutting metal / granite easier . I hang my grinders with vacuum hose fitted with different blades on this . Ive been hanging on to a Chinese halogen tri pod for sometime .

Very nice idea. Great to have all the grinders hanging in one place.

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I just took some 1/8″ metal sheet , cut notches in it to hold grinders . Then welded a piece on the bottom if sheet an attached to tripod . Also had a old grinder handle an attached to plate for easy moving .

@gtaylor,
    I like the use of the old tripod for your grinders. I have the same stand and when I upgrade to the newer LED lights, looks like I might have a use for the stand.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that works, now to find casters for the legs so you can move it right next to wherever you happen to be working.

Profile photo of Bill
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

now to find casters for the legs so you can move it right next to wherever you happen to be working.

That’s a great idea.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

that works, now to find casters for the legs so you can move it right next to wherever you happen to be working.

Always ready to improvise an make adjustments. Thanks

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . I'm retired as a railroad conductor an worked in the industry for 41 years . But as a hobby I worked in concrete public art . ( my works can be seen at imagesinconcrete.com . )
    But currently I create of one of a kind hand crafted granite furniture . ( my granite web site is
    taylormadebygerald.com )
    In my studio I make lazy Susan's an tables that can be personalized by sandblasting or deeply diamond engraved . The sand blasted image

Profile photo of Kyle
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Looks good , I like your nice variety of grinders

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Looks good , I like your nice variety of grinders

Thanks it’s nice also to have different blades ready to go

taylormadebygerald.com )

Profile photo of Kyle
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

How does the hilti compare to the Bosch?

Profile photo of Bailey
    MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Really neat idea. Would be cool to have an extension cord with power strip attached and wired up along with the casters. That way you’d only have to have one thing to plug in wherever it went. It sort of reminds me of a dentist’s chair, with all the tools sitting in their slots. A pretty serious dentist. One that needs an angle grinder frequently haha!

Profile photo of Daniel
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I could see that if they are powered up and ready to go. If just for storage i prefer mine put away

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I could see that if they are powered up and ready to go. If just for storage i prefer mine put away

I work outside my shop a lot .
    So for me easy to grab an go . If not to cumbersome could add a small holder for blades disk etc

taylormadebygerald.com )

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How does the hilti compare to the Bosch?

I’ve used the hilti 4.5 inch one and helped film @doobies bosch grinder and they work pretty much the same, both very good machines, i wouldn’t hesitate to buy either.

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’ve got one of those old chinese made halogen light stands I’ve been hanging on to looking for another purpose as well. Just haven’t found a use for it yet.

Kevin.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Kevin don’t throw it away .
    You will figure some use

taylormadebygerald.com )

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I’ve got one of those old chinese made halogen light stands I’ve been hanging on to looking for another purpose as well. Just haven’t found a use for it yet.

Yea Kevin you will find a use

taylormadebygerald.com )

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I’ve Hilton an bosch . I haven’t had a failure yet grinding an cutting granite . My bosch has a variable speed on the 4.5″ an 5″ . My Hilti doesn’t .
    I use the variable when I rough sand granite prior to diamond pads .if I run it to fast burns them an slings them off .

taylormadebygerald.com )

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Kevin don’t throw it away .
    You will figure some use

Yea Kevin you will find a use

I know. Been hangin to that dumb stupid tripod I’ve got stuffed between the joists in my basememt for over ten years now, which is a little unusual for me with the way I deal with old things.

Typically, if I don’t see a use for so,ething within 3-5 years, it’s trash. But some items become the exception. This is one of them.

Lately I’ve contemplated whether it could be a laser mount for one or two of the many Bosch lasers I’ve acquired over the years beyond using my photography tripod. Especially where damage could occur on the jobsite to my very old but coveted Cullman tripod which you cannot buy any longer in NA.

Kevin.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.140 seconds