dcsimg

Green and red lasers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I noticed in some thread someone was asking about green vs red lasers.

I have two low end Bosch line lasers, one red, one green. I have to say when taken outdoors, they both do not work too well. Not sure the green is any better than the red.

Indoors, I do see a difference.

My red laser is the Bosch GLL25-10. My green laser is the GLL40-20G.

when I put them together on the inside, about twenty feet back, this is what I see on the wall. They are both bright enough, I would say the green gives a crisper line.

The bigger difference is the green extends higher and lower than the red, see the red line stopped, but the green line is projected higher up on all the bottom chords.

But is this because the green is better? I am not so sure. The green laser has a taller “window” in the front, which allows more of the beam vertically. So it’s just a better design.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Green is better because the human eye distinguishes green color better than red color.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

thanks for the post. Based on this if I get another line laser ti will probably be green. I have a red and it is Just OK inside

Green is better because the human eye distinguishes green color better than red color.

I had no idea about that ,
    I have both low end lasers also , just received the green from a friend , haven’t used it yet compared to the red which I have used plenty , but honestly just trying it in the garage around Christmas , and I’ll definitely be using the green more than the red 👍
    Great comparison

@Miamicuse
    👌👍 thanks for letting us see that difference

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.203 seconds