dcsimg

Got Zapped Today

This topic contains 79 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RonW 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #527350

    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    getting zapped when your young not so bad getting zapped when your older just sucks.

    It sure does. Stay safe out there.

    Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    #527361

    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

    Wow That’s crazy. Glad to hear your OK. I was installing a ceiling fan in a house one day. Rushing to get done I held a set of needle nose pliers in my teeth and when I moved closer to look at something with a flashlight I touched a wire with the exposed end of the pliers and it knocked me right off the ladder! LOL. I was young then and learned the important lesson to turn off the breakers before starting!

    Oh man I bet that one smarted. Imagine you slowed down a bit after that one.

    Ron

    A Working Pro since 1994!

    Member since March 26, 2014.

    #527365

    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

    Now I see why they call electricians sparkies 🙂

    #527459

    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

    Wow That’s crazy. Glad to hear your OK. I was installing a ceiling fan in a house one day. Rushing to get done I held a set of needle nose pliers in my teeth and when I moved closer to look at something with a flashlight I touched a wire with the exposed end of the pliers and it knocked me right off the ladder! LOL. I was young then and learned the important lesson to turn off the breakers before starting!

    I can just picture this happening and would not it to happen to me.
    Good thing you are alright Tony.

    Been a while since I’ve been zapped and hope it doesn’t happen any more. 🙂

    “If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

    #547511

    rangerboat
    Pro
    Rockford, MI

    I’m a member of this club. Just got done showing the wife what you can touch and what you can’t, anyway, wasn’t paying attention (read: got too comfortable) and pretty soon got the a shock while I was terminating another line in the Circuit Breaker Panel.

    #547596

    Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

    I was moving a box today on an exterior wall to pack out the wall for stone. The plastic new work box was left just hanging there, with a single wire nut over the black terminal. Of course, I ended up getting zapped not knowing that it was hot.

    Is that a universal symbol of the box being hot?

    #547608

    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    Been zapped a few times not very fun for sure.

    Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    #547942

    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

    Not fun at all, last time I got zapped, I was on a ladder. That could have been bad. Good think I use to play with electric fences as a kid.

    #547973

    Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

    I was moving a box today on an exterior wall to pack out the wall for stone. The plastic new work box was left just hanging there, with a single wire nut over the black terminal. Of course, I ended up getting zapped not knowing that it was hot.

    Is that a universal symbol of the box being hot?

    No, not really. I’m assuming they left the box hanging, because it’ll be installed when the stone is done. At least they put a wire nut over it. I would have taped it on as well.

    Delta

    Goin' Down In Flames........

    #548148

    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

    Man I just got done with 5 weeks of shock therapy. They say it’s good for you mussels.

    Dirty

    A Working Pro since 1988!

    Member since January 26, 2013.

    #548245

    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    Man I just got done with 5 weeks of shock therapy. They say it’s good for you mussels.

    So is it helping? How do you feel.

    Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    #548254

    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

    Man I just got done with 5 weeks of shock therapy. They say it’s good for you mussels.

    So is it helping? How do you feel.

    Electrified. lol

    They do claim it helps rebuild mussel. I have always been skeptical of it though.

    Ron

    A Working Pro since 1994!

    Member since March 26, 2014.

    #548296

    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

    Something about the pulses making your muscles work without you doing anything.

    #548345

    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

    Something about the pulses making your muscles work without you doing anything.

    Well it increases the blood flow to the area and the blood brings oxygen and it is good and helps heal.

    Dirty

    A Working Pro since 1988!

    Member since January 26, 2013.

    #548626

    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

    Something about the pulses making your muscles work without you doing anything.

    Well it increases the blood flow to the area and the blood brings oxygen and it is good and helps heal.

    Wasn’t aware they do that, learned something new.

    #548757

    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

    Something about the pulses making your muscles work without you doing anything.

    Well I was doing things while it was shocking me. I was exercising my leg.

    Dirty

    A Working Pro since 1988!

    Member since January 26, 2013.

    #548761

    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    Something about the pulses making your muscles work without you doing anything.

    Well it increases the blood flow to the area and the blood brings oxygen and it is good and helps heal.

    Yep healing is controlled by blood flow. It is why as we age things take longer to heal because blood flow decreases with age. A man in his 30s has 50% less blood flow to his extremities than did in his teens and 20s, one reason sprained ankles take longer to heal as we age.

    Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

    #548829

    MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

    I was moving a box today on an exterior wall to pack out the wall for stone. The plastic new work box was left just hanging there, with a single wire nut over the black terminal. Of course, I ended up getting zapped not knowing that it was hot.

    Is that a universal symbol of the box being hot?

    No, not really. I’m assuming they left the box hanging, because it’ll be installed when the stone is done. At least they put a wire nut over it. I would have taped it on as well.

    Delta

    Not an electrician, but when I do work around my house if I needed to leave a hot wire mid-project I’d put a nut on, tape the nut, and wrap a tab of painter’s tape around the insulated section and write ‘hot’ on it. Of course this should never be done at any height where a kid might be able to reach it, but even for a ceiling application I’d make it clear.

    #550336

    Clev08
    Pro

    My fiancé joined the zapped club today. So proud! Lol

    #550422

    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

    My fiancé joined the zapped club today. So proud! Lol

    What was she doing to get bit? That would be the end of anything work related for my wife. lol

    Ron

    A Working Pro since 1994!

    Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.531 seconds