dcsimg

Glubot Review

This topic contains 110 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  cmeyer25 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Kamster
    Pro

I always thought that Lee Valley had one of the better search engines especially when compared to stores like Home Depot Canada or Rona or Staples.

Because LV has items grouped by categories and sub-categories and also has a tags scheme set up, you should be able to type in a general term like “glue” and then drill down as needed to the correct item.

What they don’t do on a consistent basis is use the trademarked name or the manufacturer’s name in their tags (But oddly if you type in “Glubot” you get do the correct result for the “dripless glue bottle”)

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

What they don’t do on a consistent basis is use the trademarked name or the manufacturer’s name in their tags (But oddly if you type in “Glubot” you get do the correct result for the “dripless glue bottle”)

That’s one of the issues I have with their site; sometimes when you enter a search word, it comes up empty.

The addition of Glubot in their search terms is new; it wasn’t there when I was ordering.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Thanks for the review. I have been looking at these and really wondered what other people thought about it.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I think is because they are of the thinking that if they were to name the actual manufacturer name, which in the case of the Glubot is Fastback, it would lend people to to do web searches for cheaper pricing.

I just discovered recently on a unique tape measure they carry that it is another Fastback product but nowhere does it say it is a Fastback anywhere in their wordy product page description. Seen this many times over the years with other brands that LV offers. It is obviously done by intent.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Isn’t Lee Valley just a re-seller of other companies products? I always figured they just researched the market and offered the best stuff all in one place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Isn’t Lee Valley just a re-seller of other companies products? I always figured they just researched the market and offered the best stuff all in one place.

LV does do a lot of reselling but the Veritas branded products are all in-house designed, tested and manufactured in Canada.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

LV does do a lot of reselling but the Veritas branded products are all in-house designed, tested and manufactured in Canada.

Indeed. Let’s not tarnish the LV brand here. They make their own house made products. Very highly regarded and well made products. No issue there.

But as is the case with other items they carry, they seem to me over the years that now they can carry other offerings as ‘less than unique’ in their line such as something like the FastCap products. LV has been less than righteous in this regard doing this. I love LV, but there’s a sneakiness going on here. Years ago when I saw it, I ignored it, but now it is really becoming more prevalent.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

I keep telling myself I will start buying glue by the gallon and get a gluebot but I have yet to do it. Sometimes I think that I won’t go through enough glue fast enough to warrant getting it but then I end up making batches of cutting boards and go into full on production mode. Great review. Thanks!

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I keep telling myself I will start buying glue by the gallon and get a gluebot but I have yet to do it. Sometimes I think that I won’t go through enough glue fast enough to warrant getting it but then I end up making batches of cutting boards and go into full on production mode. Great review. Thanks!

Even if you buy glue in smaller quantities, the convenience of the Glubot is hard to beat. I am a real convert to the Glubot, don’t think I could work as well without them now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Even if you buy glue in smaller quantities, the convenience of the Glubot is hard to beat. I am a real convert to the Glubot, don’t think I could work as well without them now.

I happy I got Gluebot. I got in December and used for projects I was working on. It sure is a real game changer. A great investment.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I don’t use glue in any huge quantities, but I have a few gallon containers, and they’re holding up great.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.947 seconds