dcsimg

Glubot Review

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 111 total)
  • Author

So, I finally got my glubots; a 4 oz and a 6 oz. The 4 oz doesn’t seal so, of course it doesn’t work. No biggie, LV will make it right but it really pisses me off to have waited so long for a product only to have it arrive defective.

OK, rant over, I really am going to enjoy using this. What a difference doing glue-ups! I’m a believer!

Congratulations Peter, good to see you like them, to bad about the 4oz one, oh well, at least they will take care of it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lee valley canada just started carrying the glubot again.. i picked one up last week.

yesterday i was using it during a crown molding install. for most of the morning it was inside the front pocket of my hoodie with the cap off.. zero glue oozed out. with a regular glue bottle it would have been everywhere

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

lee valley canada just started carrying the glubot again.. i picked one up last week.

yesterday i was using it during a crown molding install. for most of the morning it was inside the front pocket of my hoodie with the cap off.. zero glue oozed out. with a regular glue bottle it would have been everywhere

What size Glubot did you buy Jeff . Is the tip small in size .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So, I finally got my glubots; a 4 oz and a 6 oz. The 4 oz doesn’t seal so, of course it doesn’t work. No biggie, LV will make it right but it really pisses me off to have waited so long for a product only to have it arrive defective.

OK, rant over, I really am going to enjoy using this. What a difference doing glue-ups! I’m a believer!

Congratulations Peter, good to see you like them, to bad about the 4oz one, oh well, at least they will take care of it.

I’m going today to get it replaced, no problems, I expect.

I was kind of throwing mine around the assembly bench the other day and didn’t get a drop of spilling. Cap off as long as I was working. With a conventional glue bottle I would have had some kind of mess going on.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Good to know. I have it in my shopping cart at LV online now. Next free shipping (or time I have to order something anyways and pay shipping) I will get it. Thanks guys

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So, this morning I returned the defective 4 oz Glubot and exchanged it for the 16 oz size. Because the 4 and 6 oz bottles use the same tips, I didn’t see the need to have both sizes. The 16 oz also comes with the edge guide which should be a bonus for glueups.

I’m pretty sure this combination will work better for me.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So, this morning I returned the defective 4 oz Glubot and exchanged it for the 16 oz size. Because the 4 and 6 oz bottles use the same tips, I didn’t see the need to have both sizes. The 16 oz also comes with the edge guide which should be a bonus for glueups.

That’s a great idea. I only saw the 16 and 8oz sizes at the hardware store up here, and, for what I do, I only need the 16. But if I was ever doing tons of different glue ups, I could see having multiple bottles being really helpful.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is a good thing to know. I might put these on my Christmas list. As the wife she never knows what get me because I have everything. LOL

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Would for me as well. Ordered this morning.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have been using 2 Glubots for a little over a week now and I’m still impressed. I have the 6 oz and the 16 oz. The 16 oz does everything I need it to do in my shop; the 6 oz not so much. The 4 oz and the 6 oz share the same tips and they are really small. Even cut to about their maximum, they are still very tiny. There may come a time where I will be able to use the smaller size to advantage, but not so far.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have been using 2 Glubots for a little over a week now and I’m still impressed. I have the 6 oz and the 16 oz. The 16 oz does everything I need it to do in my shop; the 6 oz not so much. The 4 oz and the 6 oz share the same tips and they are really small. Even cut to about their maximum, they are still very tiny. There may come a time where I will be able to use the smaller size to advantage, but not so far.

Thanks for the update Peter. Good to know the 16 oz is the one to get.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Are the smaller oz Glubots designed for use in your tool belt or on site take up much less space then a 16oz Glubot .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Are the smaller oz Glubots designed for use in your tool belt or on site take up much less space then a 16oz Glubot .

I guess I was a bit harsh about the smaller size. I’m sure there will be places that it will work very well. I have a glueup to do today so maybe I should give it another chance.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I guess I was a bit harsh about the smaller size. I’m sure there will be places that it will work very well. I have a glueup to do today so maybe I should give it another chance.

Update: I have been using the smaller size Glubot quite a bit, actually. I have sorted out the tip size and have it where I want it now.

For a job like placing splines in narrow slots, it really is a great size to use; small and lightweight and a small enough tip to meter the glue very well. I don’t like cleanup, so try to keep squeeze out to a minimum. The 6 oz Glubot really works well for these jobs.

I used it as well on gluing up the mitred corners on the boxes.

Attachments:
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

The BabyBot is also perfect for trim work… One lives in my vest 👍

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

wow the stanley fat max vest.. i remember looking at those years ago when rona carried them.. i toyed with the idea of getting one but opted for a occidental leather vest..

lee valley halifax now has the glubots out on the floor, they must be selling well to be on display

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Hey @jkirk,it’s really similar to the Fatmax vest, but it’s branded Terra… Been using it for about a year now and I tell ya what, it’s been great.
    I had to add some aftermarket Velcro to the chest pocket, but other than that, no mods required.
    But, BOT… Yeah, the glubots are great, absolutely indispensable… If i ever get a shop space set up, I’ll no doubt have a few of their bottles around for sure. 👍

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve been trying to look for the glubot on lee valleys website, i guess you walked in store and they had it on display?

Doobie

I’ve been trying to look for the glubot on lee valleys website, i guess you walked in store and they had it on display?

Here ya go Aaron.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=76086&cat=1,110,42967

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

LV website search is not the best. It’s frustrating to know they have something but not be able to find it. The hard copy catalog is really nice to have on hand for that kind of thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.384 seconds