dcsimg

Glubot Review

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think Glubots have been around a long time IIRC. Not sure how long, but maybe as long as five to ten years ago.

Wow I had no clue that they are around for that long time. Man the time flies by like crazy

at least, i know that 5-10 years ago lee valleys in Canada were selling them. By the time i got around to buying one, they had discontinued it. I had to order mine online from a company out in montreal.

Didn’t know that LV had carried them in the past. Interesting. Wonder why they stopped.

I didn’t know there carried them either. I usually always go on there website or look through catalogs. Not sure how I missed it.

here is the old page for it
    http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=48304&cat=1,110,42967

not sure why they stopped selling it. probably because people didn’t see the need for it, i didn’t see the need for it till i actually saw some videos on how well it works

Now since I see this page I have seen this at Lee Valley. Now sure why I never bought one. Maybe like you said. I never saw how well works.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well, I have one on order; be here later in the week. I will pass on my opinion, for what it’s worth. Actually looking forward to it. The spouts on the TB bottles are a real PITA once they get a few miles on them.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well, I have one on order;

LOL BTP strikes again I have bought more stuff after reading about it on here. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I think Glubots have been around a long time IIRC. Not sure how long, but maybe as long as five to ten years ago.

Wow I had no clue that they are around for that long time. Man the time flies by like crazy

at least, i know that 5-10 years ago lee valleys in Canada were selling them. By the time i got around to buying one, they had discontinued it. I had to order mine online from a company out in montreal.

Didn’t know that LV had carried them in the past. Interesting. Wonder why they stopped.

I didn’t know there carried them either. I usually always go on there website or look through catalogs. Not sure how I missed it.

not sure why they stopped selling it. probably because people didn’t see the need for it, i didn’t see the need for it till i actually saw some videos on how well it works

How the heck did you find that old page link?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How the heck did you find that old page link?

heh you know me, if it is on the internet, i can find it. However I was aware of this page because as soon as I was ready to buy one, the discontinued sign popped up and i had to shop else where.

Doobie

OK…. did I miss it the first time? The different nozzle tips ARE available also on the LV website. So is a 6 oz bottle.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=76086&cat=51&ap=1

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kinda like the accessory kit. I really need to order the 4 oz bottle.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Kinda like the accessory kit. I really need to order the 4 oz bottle.

I kinda felt the 4oz was a bit small and the 16oz too big. I see they have a 6oz available at LV, but an 8 or 10oz bottle would likely be my preferred size. I think I’ll pick up a couple of the 6oz bottles regardless and see how I like them anyways.

Kamster
    Pro

OK…. did I miss it the first time? The different nozzle tips ARE available also on the LV website. So is a 6 oz bottle.

Yep, you missed it when I mentioned it back on page 3 🙂

My 16 oz Glubot came with the glubot guide and some extra tips. That guide is excellent for glueing up 3/4 inch plywood. I’m going to pick up a couple of the 6 oz bottles from LV

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I kinda felt the 4oz was a bit small and the 16oz too big

For me the 4 oz is perfect. I use more super glues than wood glues.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I ordered to 6 oz; it should be here Monday. Seems about the right size for most gluing jobs. Once I get it in my hands and get the feel of using it, I may opt for the other sizes, too.

Doobie

Yep, you missed it when I mentioned it back on page 3 🙂

My apologies, totally missed that.

My 16 oz Glubot came with the glubot guide and some extra tips. That guide is excellent for glueing up 3/4 inch plywood. I’m going to pick up a couple of the 6 oz bottles from LV

That’s what it’s likely intended for, but for me I also want to see if it’s conducive for easier glue application to cover the inner walls of Domino mortices. And even if it’s not the greatest for that part of it, it’ll probably be good for laying it onto the flat faces of the Dominos themselves.

For years I have been using these glue applicators for Domino glue ups, but now I’m hoping it’ll be even easier with those Glubot wide tip applicators.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=48479&cat=1,110,42967

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So, I finally got my glubots; a 4 oz and a 6 oz. The 4 oz doesn’t seal so, of course it doesn’t work. No biggie, LV will make it right but it really pisses me off to have waited so long for a product only to have it arrive defective.

OK, rant over, I really am going to enjoy using this. What a difference doing glue-ups! I’m a believer!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So, I finally got my glubots; a 4 oz and a 6 oz. The 4 oz doesn’t seal so, of course it doesn’t work. No biggie, LV will make it right but it really pisses me off to have waited so long for a product only to have it arrive defective.

OK, rant over, I really am going to enjoy using this. What a difference doing glue-ups! I’m a believer!

Sorry you had that bad experience with it on the first try! I hope they get everything straightened out and back to you quickly.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but it really pisses me off to have waited so long for a product only to have it arrive defective.

Yeah that is a pain. You wait, it arrives then boom it doesn’t work. More hassle and waiting to get it replaced.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah that is pretty disappointing to wait receive a product to have it defective or broken. I am sure LV will make right.
    Good to hear you are going to enjoy using them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Didnt know LV carried the glubot. Sorry to hear about the problem, but LV really does have great service. I’m sure they will make it right.

Off to order one!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Didnt know LV carried the glubot. Sorry to hear about the problem, but LV really does have great service. I’m sure they will make it right.

Off to order one!

Apparently there was a disagreement between the 2 companies causing LV to drop the line; then recently, I guess they reconciled their differences and reintroduced the product.

I know LV will make it right, I just have to return it next time I’m in Waterloo.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats weird, they stop selling the whole glubot but continued to sell the nozzles tips?

thats weird, they stop selling the whole glubot but continued to sell the nozzles tips?

They still sell them but not under the name glubot. Its glue bottle or something, but the pic is a glubot

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.492 seconds