dcsimg

Glubot Review

This topic contains 110 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  cmeyer25 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Author

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I use one for a year or so and no problemos so far.
    Bought it from Richelieu for 8 or $9. Something around that. Maybe they had a special?

No special, that’s the price for a 16 oz bottle at richelieu – $8,74 + tax. A 4 oz bottle is $4.

https://www.richelieu.com/ca/en/category/glues-silicones-and-caulking/equipment-and-accessories/glue-accessories/glubot-plastic-bottles/1010111/sku-916433

You can’t see the price unless you have an account with them.

ThanX @sorpa, will have to check them out and hope that shipping won’t kill the deal.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Bought it from Richelieu for 8 or $9. Something around that. Maybe they had a special?

No special, that’s the price for a 16 oz bottle at richelieu – $8,74 + tax. A 4 oz bottle is $4.

https://www.richelieu.com/ca/en/category/glues-silicones-and-caulking/equipment-and-accessories/glue-accessories/glubot-plastic-bottles/1010111/sku-916433

ThanX @sorpa, will have to check them out and hope that shipping won’t kill the deal.

I just filled out the paperwork to open an account at Richelieu. Been meaning to do so for a while anyways

Clev08
    Pro

I have had mine for about a year and I always forget to put the silicone cap back on the tip. The good thing is the tip dries and gets hard but it is very easy to remove all the dried glue and it works like new. I also really like how soft the body is, it’s way easier to squeeze than a regular titebond bottle.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just filled out the paperwork to open an account at Richelieu. Been meaning to do so for a while anyways

i don’t know about richelieu but elite has free shipping various times through out the year, you can pick one up during those times.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@r-ice
    Free shipping if you buy over a certain amount – usually around $40-

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks for review. I have thought try GlueBot bottles. But as other have mention they are pricey up here Canada. I just use my glue right from the bottle.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

They have these at the cabinet store I get all my materials from. After this review I am going to have to pick two up tomorrow. Great review!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They have these at the cabinet store I get all my materials from. After this review I am going to have to pick two up tomorrow. Great review!

Make sure you get enough bottles for each of the glue you use.

i don’t know about richelieu but elite has free shipping various times through out the year, you can pick one up during those times.

Elite also sells them for way above what they are worth. Same as all the other Fastcap items they sell

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@lbbuilders glad it was helpful 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I just tried that too last nite. But today I get an email requesting a master license or something of that sort which I don’t have. Seems that sole proprietors are SOL getting an account with them. Their loss, not mine.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

I just tried that too last nite. But today I get an email requesting a master license or something of that sort which I don’t have. Seems that sole proprietors are SOL getting an account with them. Their loss, not mine.

I guess they chose to be b2b rather than retail. Fine by me. I have my papers in order, so I was able to open an account. Still a lot of hassle for the benefit, but I do just enough cabinetry jobs that the wholesale pricing on hardware is worth it

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Seems that sole proprietors are SOL getting an account with them. Their loss, not mine.

Tough call, I know. Not everyday you have to turn down the sale of a Glubot.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I guess they chose to be b2b rather than retail. Fine by me. I have my papers in order, so I was able to open an account. Still a lot of hassle for the benefit, but I do just enough cabinetry jobs that the wholesale pricing on hardware is worth it

I had the same experience with Hafele ten years ago. At the time, Hafele was the exclusive Festool distributor in Canada. Fortunately, around that time Dan Clermont started importing and selling Festool out of his garage in Burnaby B.C. and subsequently opened up under the name Ultimate tools. I dropped my first $15K in Festool stuff with him. Like I said, for Richelieu and companies like them, it’s their loss. I’ll just spend my money elsewhere.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Thanks. I most definitely will. 👍🏻

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I did buy the 4 oz and 16 oz models on an order I was getting from Tegs in Hamilton. I think I want some more of them now, but I’ll wait til Elite has a free shipping offer as they are cheaper thru them. I just signed up for Elite news emails just for that purpose.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@doobie they’re really nice, right? I’ve been liking mine more and more the more I use it.

Charlie

Instagram

I have 4 Glu Bots! I think its safe to say that I’m a fan!

FYI, if the lid gasket fails, Fastcap will send you a new one free of charge!

I was scrolling down getting ready to post a response saying that my gasket just failed when i saw this. Did you just email them and they sent you a new one? really appreciate the help.

Also back to the thread topic, i absolutely love the glue bot. It fits nice in one of my belt pockets which makes it convenient to use, I also like how you can use it over head for crown joints and trim work. almost impossible with titebond bottles.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

@doobie they’re really nice, right? I’ve been liking mine more and more the more I use it.

Haven’t used them yet, but I do like the pricipal with a pump chamber. Makes a better glue bottle on that design feature alone.

The cap going astray is something else I’m often a victim of.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have 4 Glu Bots! I think its safe to say that I’m a fan!

FYI, if the lid gasket fails, Fastcap will send you a new one free of charge!

I was scrolling down getting ready to post a response saying that my gasket just failed when i saw this. Did you just email them and they sent you a new one? really appreciate the help.

Also back to the thread topic, i absolutely love the glue bot. It fits nice in one of my belt pockets which makes it convenient to use, I also like how you can use it over head for crown joints and trim work. almost impossible with titebond bottles.

I called them looking for a replacement gasket and they offered to send a free replacement. Its been a while, but they may still do this.
    I agree with the overhead uses. The TB bottles aren’t going to allow that at all. IMHO, the Gluebot is the only type of bottle that is appropriate for wood glue. Turning the bottle over and shaking it until the glue is at the tip is ridiculous in comparison.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.984 seconds