dcsimg

GLM50

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does anyone here have the GLM50?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

No, but I would like to get one soon. Be nice to hear what people have to say

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

@jdw1865 has one. He might have a little info on it.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-glm50-laser-distance-measure/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just made a swap for a GLM100, so far I like it but it will take me forever to learn how to use everything it dies.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Does anyone here have the GLM50?

Nope, but it is on my list. Is that the one you broke the screen on Dirty?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

No don’t have one, but if it works as well as the GLM15 that will be a handy unit to measure up to 165 feet or so. What was your experience with it @DirtyWhiteBoy?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sorry, I don’t, but I have the GLM 100 and it is a nice tool, even if my uses for it are limited.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well it reads out in 32ths and I need to know how to change that to 16ths.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

jeesh 32ths is pretty accurate, that surprises me

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

How accurate do you find it to be Dirty?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Maybe Jim @bethepro could pass that question on to the right person? I can never remember the tag for the tech reps…Maybe @dabbs or @supimeister knows the tag for them?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know what the tag is either,

Divide both numbers by 2 🙂

Ok I just called Bosch for ya and he said the only measuring options are what ya see when scrolling through them and he says 1/16th” isn’t on it…So yeah, I guess divide by 2 like I said above

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Maybe Jim @bethepro could pass that question on to the right person? I can never remember the tag for the tech reps…Maybe @dabbs or @supimeister knows the tag for them?

@Dabbs is 100% correct. It does not switch to the 1/16th. In fact, in order for it ro be accurate to 1/16th it has to measure to 1/32nd to account for plus/minus variance. If the tool is accurate to the 1/32nd, then it is measuring to the 1/64th to cover variance, and so on and so on. Short answer, divide by two if you need 1/8ths from 1/16ths. Buy a cheap calculator or use the one that comes on your phone.

Cheers,

jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s a great problem to have. I frequently measure to the 32nd for trim work. Most guys use some type of short hand for 32nds like. 3/16 light/heavy or 7/16 plus/minus.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That’s a great problem to have. I frequently measure to the 32nd for trim work. Most guys use some type of short hand for 32nds like. 3/16 light/heavy or 7/16 plus/minus.

I just didnt think they would get that accurate. Never though of using it for trim “final measurments” My main thought for its use would be rough framing or field measures

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We bid a big metal stud job recently with a lot of sloping walls and the like that will be 20’+ tall. I am hoping we get the job so I can try out mine for stud lengths. It would be faster than droping a tape.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

We bid a big metal stud job recently with a lot of sloping walls and the like that will be 20’+ tall. I am hoping we get the job so I can try out mine for stud lengths. It would be faster than droping a tape.

That’s a great use for it that I never even thought of thanks. I’ll have to add one of these to my wish list.

RyanF
    Pro

That’s exactly what I’m using one for this week. Not 20′, but it’s still easier. Even better for you. Just aim straight(ish). 🙂

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I don’t have the 50, but use the 15 and it works so good for this application.
    Mind you, I haven’t tried it on a 20′ steel stud wall…but for measuring between plates on layout marks it’s great!

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

I can never remember the tag for the tech reps

Jim already took care of this one obviously, but for future reference:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/important-how-to-post-on-bosch-power-tools-customer-service/
    @ boschtoolsservice (no space)

I haven’t seen them post in quite some time, but calling customer service has been pain free for me so far.

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.466 seconds