dcsimg

GAS18V-3N review

This topic contains 35 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice review, thanks for sharing

Juliatom543
    Blocked

thanks for the review

redwood
    Pro

I just purchased this little cordless shopvac up this week. I didn’t even know it existed.

My intended use for this is probably different then most. First off, I have 4 dust extractors/ shopvacs, in my workshop. But my workshop is in my garage, which is downstairs from the main living area. In the past whenever I needed such a tool, I had to drag something up from down stairs. Kind of a pain. They also serve a specific purpose in the shop and are always hooked up.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I purchased a Pitt Boss pellet grill at a auction for cheap. One of the regular maintenance items is to vacuum up the ashes from the burnt pellets. Were not talking about a ton of ashes here, but there is a small cup that the pellets fall into and are ignited. Well if you don’t clean the ashes out, they build up around the ignitor and the pellets will not start on fire. The BBQ doesn’t know that and the pellets keep on coming, eventually overflowing the cup. Not to mention, you have no fire and no grilling. I had hauled a small shop vac up and cleaned it out, but it was really not very convenient. So I went online to look for a cordless, small shop vac.

It was between the Bosch and a Makita, since I had batteries for both. Reviews were similar, mostly good, for both. The Bosch is ever so slightly smaller, a good thing in my case. I went with the Bosch because it was cheaper. There must have been a Bosch promotion, because after I ordered it, there was a discount on my invoice. It was $ 108 US, compared to $ 158 for the Makita.

So far, I’m loving it. I hate dragging cords around. I’m using it today to go around and get those nasty cobwebs and to clean around the wood stove. When I’m done, it just sit’s in my Utility room, taking up very little space.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I just purchased this little cordless shopvac up this week. I didn’t even know it existed.

My intended use for this is probably different then most. First off, I have 4 dust extractors/ shopvacs, in my workshop. But my workshop is in my garage, which is downstairs from the main living area. In the past whenever I needed such a tool, I had to drag something up from down stairs. Kind of a pain. They also serve a specific purpose in the shop and are always hooked up.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I purchased a Pitt Boss pellet grill at a auction for cheap. One of the regular maintenance items is to vacuum up the ashes from the burnt pellets. Were not talking about a ton of ashes here, but there is a small cup that the pellets fall into and are ignited. Well if you don’t clean the ashes out, they build up around the ignitor and the pellets will not start on fire. The BBQ doesn’t know that and the pellets keep on coming, eventually overflowing the cup. Not to mention, you have no fire and no grilling. I had hauled a small shop vac up and cleaned it out, but it was really not very convenient. So I went online to look for a cordless, small shop vac.

It was between the Bosch and a Makita, since I had batteries for both. Reviews were similar, mostly good, for both. The Bosch is ever so slightly smaller, a good thing in my case. I went with the Bosch because it was cheaper. There must have been a Bosch promotion, because after I ordered it, there was a discount on my invoice. It was $ 108 US, compared to $ 158 for the Makita.

So far, I’m loving it. I hate dragging cords around. I’m using it today to go around and get those nasty cobwebs and to clean around the wood stove. When I’m done, it just sit’s in my Utility room, taking up very little space.

It’s a perfect size imho, easy to carry around but still has a decent amount of capacity so you can actually clean stuff out. I’ve used it for vacuuming my car out and I love not having to haul a shop vac or house vac out to do the job.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It’s a great little vacuum , I mainly use the Core 6.3 batteries , I find I get good runtime with them
    It’s extremely practical , it’s been used for plenty of tasks
    I haven’t used it yet for wet but it’s great for everything else , I’ve even used it to unblock my central vacuum cleaner pipes in the wall , it has some decent power , and the fact it’s very easy to empty and Clean the filter

That’s a great price , I think I paid 179 minus Bosch rebate of 30 dollars

Doobie

I have it too. It’s OK. Hose is a tad short and it needs wheels, but it’s OK otherwise.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just purchased this little cordless shopvac up this week. I didn’t even know it existed. So far, I’m loving it. I hate dragging cords around.

It is a great little vac from all the reviews I have read so far. Thank you for the review Mark.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have it too. It’s OK. Hose is a tad short and it needs wheels, but it’s OK otherwise.

Did you see version 2.0? A friend posted about it on IG a while back and it’s going to have casters as well as a few other upgrades!

Charlie

Instagram

redwood
    Pro

I think it’s almost perfect, as it is. For the most part, I’m just walking around with it. It’s so light, that I have no issue carrying it and the hose length is just fine, combined with the extensions, I can reach anywhere I need to. Adding castors and a longer hose would just add to the weight and storage space.

It would be nice to have a power switch on the handle though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I think it’s almost perfect, as it is. For the most part, I’m just walking around with it. It’s so light, that I have no issue carrying it and the hose length is just fine, combined with the extensions, I can reach anywhere I need to. Adding castors and a longer hose would just add to the weight and storage space.

It would be nice to have a power switch on the handle though.

That’s one of my big wishes too – at least somewhere close enough to reach with the hand holding the handle even. But on the actual handle would be ideal.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Did you see version 2.0? A friend posted about it on IG a while back and it’s going to have casters as well as a few other upgrades!

No I didn’t as I don’t don’t do the IG thing. Did it say it was coming to NA and when?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have to agree with Mark , the length of the hose and not having wheels , not a big deal , I actually am use to being able to turn it on with my thumb while holding the handle , it would be nice to have a on off on the handle ,
    I am just happy with the ease of dumping and cleaning the filter
    I feel it’s just the right size
    I actually use the floor sweeping brush from the nozzle kit I bought earlier this year just because the one that comes with this canister is not very wide

But all in all , it’s a decent vacuum for the price.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The other day I found myself using a large vac to vac clean the HEPA filter of my 2G small vac. I was vacing a vac 🤣🤣🤣

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

The other day I found myself using a large vac to vac clean the HEPA filter of my 2G small vac. I was vacing a vac 🤣🤣🤣

Haha it’s not the first time I’ve done that , I do it regularly , sometimes using the compressor and air are to hard on those filters , and especially if you have used them with concrete don’t really want that blowing back at you
    So I prefer the vacuum , unless of course I don’t have one available

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I love that.

I always use my cordless blower – no cords sucking things up or getting the filter clean 👍

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

The other day I found myself using a large vac to vac clean the HEPA filter of my 2G small vac. I was vacing a vac

I do similar to clean out the inside of the pleated filter of my shop’s dust collection system. It gets done every year or so.

I used to suck out the disposable Festool bags of my dust extractor so I could use them more than once. But I stopped that nonsense 10 years ago. Just takes too long and kinda defeats the purpose of using what is a disposable bag.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.520 seconds