dcsimg

Garage & Shop Lighting

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I still think the LED shop light at Sams is the best deal at $37. So far I’m very pleased with mine.

Looks like the shop lighting I use now. Gives nice light. I’ll haave to check out Sams since I need 3 more. I got mine at Lowes. I can’t remember what I paid for it, maybe somewhere around same price you got at Sams. I like Sams merchandise.

Pat

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Has anybody tried the regular LED bulbs (the round ones) in regular fixtures in their garage?

yah i went with a 100w led bulb in white and wasn’t a fan of it compared to the 4 footer one i have hanging over the table, i may drag the other one out to use as a spot light. It might work pointed at the lathe.

woodman_412

Has anybody tried the regular LED bulbs (the round ones) in regular fixtures in their garage?

I have a 100W equivalent LED bulb in the ceiling in the mechanical room off of my new shop. It puts off a good amount of light and is efficient to run. I’ll grab a pic later.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yea dollar for dollar they are hard to beat. We will have to see how they hold up. But so far I’m very pleased with them.

I have the same lights from Sams and they are very bright. I am happy with them too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

lulu
    Pro

When I see them on sale again I will be buying more led shop lights.
    Just bought the one a while back and love it. Went back to get more and they had sold out.
    @lulu how do you hook those lights up?

its real easy. They come with a power box that you plug into a outlet. Then you plug the box into tue lights. That’s about it. You can put up to three strings per box.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

woodman_412

This is the 100W equivalent LED bulb that I was talking about. It gives a good amount of light in the small mechanical room behind my shop. It does make a slight humming sound which the less bright ones don’t seem to.

Dan

danpattison.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This is the 100W equivalent LED bulb that I was talking about. It gives a good amount of light in the small mechanical room behind my shop. It does make a slight humming sound which the less bright ones don’t seem to.

Looks like it is pretty bright. A slight humming sound is no big deal to me anymore. The Tinnitus in my left ear has really been acting up and over powers most low volume sounds.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looks like it is pretty bright. A slight humming sound is no big deal to me anymore. The Tinnitus in my left ear has really been acting up and over powers most low volume sounds.

I grabbed this quote off of reddit for you, hopefully you can try this and see how it goes.

“Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org.”

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for the info Dan. Hopefully they will solve the humming noise in the future.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

“Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org.”

Thanks R-ice. I will give this a try.

Ron

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah I thought it was amazing how many people it said worked for them, and heck if something simple like this can help. That would be amazing. Let us know how it works out.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

yah I thought it was amazing how many people it said worked for them, and heck if something simple like this can help. That would be amazing. Let us know how it works out.

Geez, maybe I should give this a try also.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Let us know how it works out.

Anybody try this out?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Anybody try this out?

@theamcguy

Bill,
    I have given it a shot and while snapping my fingers, the ringing is there but once I removed my hands the ringing has stopped. I’ll see how long this lasts. I’ve become so accustom to the sound in my ears that most times it doesn’t bother me.

EDIT:: It’s now a couple hours later and the noise is back in my head. So it seemed to work for a little while.

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Anybody try this out?

@theamcguy,

Bill,
    I have given it a shot and while snapping my fingers, the ringing is there but once I removed my hands the ringing has stopped. I’ll see how long this lasts. I’ve become so accustom to the sound in my ears that most times it doesn’t bother me.

EDIT:: It’s now a couple hours later and the noise is back in my head. So it seemed to work for a little while.

they do say that if you continue to do it, eventually it does go away for longer periods of time. I didn’t know you suffered from tinnitus or I would’ve told you about this a while ago.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Anybody try this out?

@theamcguy,

Bill,

they do say that if you continue to do it, eventually it does go away for longer periods of time. I didn’t know you suffered from tinnitus or I would’ve told you about this a while ago.

Have had it for well over a year now, just learn to live with it. Only really bothers me when I’m watching TV late at night.
    I’ll to try the treatment more often.

— Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Anybody try this out?

theamcguy,

Bill,

I had similar results. But only took about ten minutes to return louder than before.

they do say that if you continue to do it, eventually it does go away for longer periods of time

I will try it again today to see if it last any longer than yesterday.

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Back on topic. I did notice my LED lights in the shop don’t like the extreme cold. The morning we got down to 13°F. I had two or three lights that wanted to flash for a bit(5-20 seconds) till they warmed up. I haven’t had the problem any other time.

Ron

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Back on topic. I did notice my LED lights in the shop don’t like the extreme cold. The morning we got down to 13°F. I had two or three lights that wanted to flash for a bit(5-20 seconds) till they warmed up. I haven’t had the problem any other time.

I have the same issue with the new T8’s I installed in my garage. Flicker until they warm up then are OK.

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I haven’t noticed that with mine. I did notice there is a 1 sec delay from when the switch is thrown until they come on, but no flickering.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.729 seconds