dcsimg

Garage & Shop Lighting

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Not knowing how the lumen rating was given was one of the things that was keeping me from buying the LED bulbs. If it is 2200 lumens per bulb then that would be great but if it is 2200 for the pair then that’s not so great. I looked the box all over and it didn’t clarify that anywhere so I guess the only way to find out is try some.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Not knowing how the lumen rating was given was one of the things that was keeping me from buying the LED bulbs. If it is 2200 lumens per bulb then that would be great but if it is 2200 for the pair then that’s not so great. I looked the box all over and it didn’t clarify that anywhere so I guess the only way to find out is try some.

if it is from costco, they have a great return policy. Basically if you are unhappy with it, return it for a full refund, so there is no loss there for you to try new things. The person who worked at the store told my wife and I this, stating costco wants you to try and buy everything.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Has anybody tried the regular LED bulbs (the round ones) in regular fixtures in their garage?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan,
    What was the cost of these replacement bulbs?

They were $26 for a pair of bulbs Frank. I figured for $49 for a whole new LED fixture that was the better way to go for me since the fixture I have is older.

That’s not a bad price imo. Gonna have to remember to look for them in my Costco next time I am there.

I have to wonder if these are like other LED 4ft’rs and you have to rewire and bypass the ballasts for them to work. I don’t recall if the box mention if they were plug and play??

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I still think the LED shop light at Sams is the best deal at $37. So far I’m very pleased with mine.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:

That is a nice amount of space to work with in your shop Ron. Nice and bright with those lights.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Are the long tube flourescent bulbs still available? Or have they also gone to all LED?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Are the long tube flourescent bulbs still available? Or have they also gone to all LED?

Lowes still sells them.

Ron

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have to wonder if these are like other LED 4ft’rs and you have to rewire and bypass the ballasts for them to work. I don’t recall if the box mention if they were plug and play??

Can’t beat that price, If they were that cheap here I’d swap out all florescent tubes garage and in the home.

Well I picked up a pack of the LED tubes from Costco this morning and installed them in one fixture in the garage. It was a bust, they did not even turn on. Can’t say I’m disappointed but the box does say “Plug and Play”.
    Back in the box and I will take them back to Costco.

Most LED tubes that I have looked at require you to bypass the ballast. I got to wonder if these are any different or just do not play well with electronic ballast.

— Glenn Botting

Attachments:
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

These are the tubes I got from Home Hardware and I really like them. Only available in 12 packs. For you fellow Canuks, you may want to check them out.

OSRAM SYLVANIA Item #3648-814 Model #26870

The store will want the Item #. The description is:

32 W
    48″ MOL T8 Octron® Vivid Value fluorescent lamp
    Rare earth phosphor
    6500K daylight colour temperature
    Ecologic®
    90 CRI
    IS or RS compatible
    Medium bi-pin base
    2400 lumens
    22,500 hour life

I have 3, 4′, 2 tube fixtures in my 12 x 20 and they work great.

Oh, I suppose I could have just dropped the link to the page…..

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Plumbing-Electrical/Electrical/Light-Bulbs/Fluorescent/Tubes/12-Pack-32W-48-T8-Daylight-Fluorescent-Light-Bulbs/_/N-ntjyxZ2pqfZ67l/Ne-lovr/Ntk-All_EN/R-I3648814?Ntt=fluorescent+tubes

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

These are the tubes I got from Home Hardware and I really like them. Only available in 12 packs. For you fellow Canuks, you may want to check them out.

OSRAM SYLVANIA Item #3648-814 Model #26870

I just looked them up. Not a bad price for a dozen bulbs. Made by Osram is another plus.
    Thank You Jim.

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

Can’t beat that price, If they were that cheap here I’d swap out all florescent tubes garage and in the home.

Well I picked up a pack of the LED tubes from Costco this morning and installed them in one fixture in the garage. It was a bust, they did not even turn on. Can’t say I’m disappointed but the box does say “Plug and Play”.
    Back in the box and I will take them back to Costco.

Most LED tubes that I have looked at require you to bypass the ballast. I got to wonder if these are any different or just do not play well with electronic ballast.

I wonder if it was the type of ballast you have. Class A are typically in households and don’t hum. Class B hum you crazy unless they are used in noisy places anyways where their hum gets drowned out.

How much were they Frank? And what’s the wattage on them?

I’m noticing on some of the pics and what’s been written that they are at 32W replacing the old style 40W fluorescent. That’s not a big difference for that price diff. Hardly seems worth it. Or am I missing something or got something wrong?

woodman_412

I still think the LED shop light at Sams is the best deal at $37. So far I’m very pleased with mine.

Those look great Ron. Am I seeing that right at 4500 lumens? If so those are brighter than the Costco ones and the price is better too.

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wonder if it was the type of ballast you have. Class A are typically in households and don’t hum. Class B hum you crazy unless they are used in noisy places anyways where their hum gets drowned out.

How much were they Frank? And what’s the wattage on them?

I’m noticing on some of the pics and what’s been written that they are at 32W replacing the old style 40W fluorescent. That’s not a big difference for that price diff. Hardly seems worth it. Or am I missing something or got something wrong?

@Doobie
    Ballast are no more than 6 months old, electronic for T8’s, no hum. They replaced the old magnetic T12 style that did hum.
    I believe they were 32W.
    I just didn’t understand why they did not work in two different T8 fixtures. One on a single circuit the other has 6 light fixtures. the LED’s didn’t even flicker a twitch.
    I’ll stick with my T8’s for now till the cost drastically drops.

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

I went to HD today and looked at these LED lights to replace my old Fluorescents. I just don’t see the warrant to do so based on the price of them and how little energy they save so I decided things are gonna stay as they are.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I would say, keep what you got until it stops working. There is no savings in replacing things well before the life expectancy is done. If you have florescent tubes, just stick with it, change the tubes as they go unless you have a place to use the old ones. I never throw out functional items. I can’t afford that..lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@RonW looks like your shop is all lit up and looking good..

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Those look great Ron. Am I seeing that right at 4500 lumens? If so those are brighter than the Costco ones and the price is better too.

Yea dollar for dollar they are hard to beat. We will have to see how they hold up. But so far I’m very pleased with them.

RonW looks like your shop is all lit up and looking good..

Thanks Dirty. I spent the evening out there building an assembly table. Was really bright in there.

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yea dollar for dollar they are hard to beat. We will have to see how they hold up. But so far I’m very pleased with them.

Thanks Dirty. I spent the evening out there building an assembly table. Was really bright in there.

Man that’s sounds like funn. Are you building your own or building one off the web??

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man that’s sounds like funn. Are you building your own or building one off the web??

My own I guess. It’s just a basic 4’x 8′ table.

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.994 seconds