dcsimg

Garage & Shop Lighting

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

I came across these at Costco yesterday. They were right beside the LED shop lights and they are LED replacements for 4′ florescent bulbs. I thought they were interesting and would be a good upgrade for existing fixtures.

Dan

danpattison.com

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I came across these at Costco yesterday. They were right beside the LED shop lights and they are LED replacements for 4′ florescent bulbs. I thought they were interesting and would be a good upgrade for existing fixtures.

Not too bad! I wonder if they come in a higher colour temperature?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I think I might have to take a trip to the city tomorrow and check them out . I need some lights here and there in my house and shop .

woodman_412

I had thought about buying a set for a plug in florescent fixture that I reused in the new shop but I think I’d be better off buying another LED shop light. If the ballast packs in on the florescent fixture then the bulbs wouldn’t be much good to me so I think for an extra $25 I’d be better off with the LED fixture.

Dan

danpattison.com

lulu
    Pro

i’ve putting up these lights in a shop and they have been very happy. and they dont use alot of energy and are easy to install. heres a photo. oh and they are not very expensive.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

i’ve putting up these lights in a shop and they have been very happy. and they dont use alot of energy and are easy to install. heres a photo. oh and they are not very expensive.

That’s a heck of a lot of LEDs for $8. What kind of quality are they?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Have you bought and tried them? I’m very interested myself. Haven’t seen them in my Costco.

woodman_412

Have you bought and tried them? I’m very interested myself. Haven’t seen them in my Costco.

No i didn’t end up getting any Kevin. The other thing I was trying to figure out is if the 2200 lumens was per bulb or for the pair, it doesn’t specify on the box.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I went with new fixtures vs upgrading to LED bulbs in my old fluorescent fixtures. Price was about the same and less hassle.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@woodman_412
    Dan,
    What was the cost of these replacement bulbs?

I went with new fixtures vs upgrading to LED bulbs in my old fluorescent fixtures. Price was about the same and less hassle.

I did the same this last spring, upgraded to electronic ballasts and installed T8’s 6500K. It sure is brighter in there but I am noticing that the ballasts sure are not designed for cold starts. it still takes a while for the lights to get bright in cold weather.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@woodman_412,
    Dan,

I did the same this last spring, upgraded to electronic ballasts and installed T8’s 6500K. It sure is brighter in there but I am noticing that the ballasts sure are not designed for cold starts. it still takes a while for the lights to get bright in cold weather.

I love the ones i got from costco in my garage but at 50 dollars for one and it being 25 dollars in the states for one, I couldn’t bring myself to buy a few more, i’ll wait til the price drops.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like the LED is the new way to go. They seem to be bright.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

When I see them on sale again I will be buying more led shop lights.
    Just bought the one a while back and love it. Went back to get more and they had sold out.

@lulu
    how do you hook those lights up?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

When I see them on sale again I will be buying more led shop lights.
    Just bought the one a while back and love it. Went back to get more and they had sold out.

yep once you see them in action the old florescent lights just aren’t good enough. The LEDs are brighter, start instantly in the cold and no buzzing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

A buzzing florescent will make me insane. I usually have a radio playing and don’t hear it but when I do I can’t stand it. Also when you figure how long they last and the energy savings it is a no brain for me.

woodman_412

Dan,

They were $26 for a pair of bulbs Frank. I figured for $49 for a whole new LED fixture that was the better way to go for me since the fixture I have is older.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It looks like the LED is the new way to go. They seem to be bright.

not only are they bright, they are instant on so there isn’t a low light period at all. I love mine, and have it permanently setup over my workbench. I need more of them though.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

They were $26 for a pair of bulbs Frank. I figured for $49 for a whole new LED fixture that was the better way to go for me since the fixture I have is older.

ThanX Dan,
    I was in my local Costco last night and was looking at them. I might pick up a pair just to see how they are. I upgraded to electrical ballasts last year and put T8’s but was short on bulbs so one fixture does not have any at the moment.
    With a 5 yr warranty on them I might just take them up on it and see if it will last that long out in the garage.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i’ve putting up these lights in a shop and they have been very happy.

So how do they get hooked up?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Dan,

That’s not a bad price imo. Gonna have to remember to look for them in my Costco next time I am there.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.285 seconds