dcsimg

Garage & Shop Lighting

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 280 total)
  • Author

You know I agree with you in many cases but I have to admit that the Blsch FL12 and the Syslite have really bridged that gap in light output and type. This past summer I installed a LED outdoor light and solar panel and it is great but it is a soft blue light that really doesn’t put out that light that you need in the dark.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am shopping for some t5 anyone have brands i should look out for and or avoid?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice bright light. maybe to bright. Awful expensive shop light. I think I’ll wait for the market to fall.

woodman_412

I’ve really been enjoying that LED light I got the other day. I would definitely consider getting another one if I have the need for more light in another spot. So far it seems to beat fluorescent hands down.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan, where did you get the light? What model?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Bill, I got the light at Costco and it’s made by Innova.

I also picked up an LED light bulb at Canadian Tire today to put into one of the regular light sockets in the basement. It gives off 1600 lumens and burns way less energy than other bulbs. I’m really liking this LED lighting route.

Dan

danpattison.com

We were at Costco today and I noticed they have LED shop lights that are sort of the LED equivalent to the 4′ fluorescent plug in shop lights that you hang on chains. I picked one up and hung it in my basement shop space tonight and I’m really happy with it so far. Great light output, really light weight and costs next to nothing to run. Also no worries about bulbs burning out or ballasts going kaput. It’s light enough and easy enough to transport that I think I’m going to take it with me when I need lighting in another space that I’m working in. If you’re looking for a shop fixture these seem to be great.

As you can see in the first pic it puts a good amount of light onto a work surface. As it turns out, an MPT is the perfect work surface for assembling a Bosch router table :)

Nice light, a question for you, is that a water line going over the left side of the second picture of the light fixture near the wire, or is it a air line run in plastic tubing.

woodman_412

Brian, it’s just a water line that you see.

Dan

danpattison.com

This LED shop lighting is sounding quite nice. @woodman_412, is the LED shop light equivalent to a 2 fluorescent light fixture? How much did it set you back? I came across one maker whose prices were out of this world.

Doobie

Hey Dan, you got a SKU number on your Costco light?

Any possibility of posting a pic of it?

woodman_412

This LED shop lighting is sounding quite nice. @woodman_412, is the LED shop light equivalent to a 2 fluorescent light fixture? How much did it set you back? I came across one maker whose prices were out of this world.

Lon, I would have to look up the lumen rating on a 2 bulb fluorescent fixture to know exactly but it seems to be pretty comparable in light output. It cost $55 which is pretty decent.

Hey Dan, you got a SKU number on your Costco light?

Any possibility of posting a pic of it?

Kevin, if you look back a few posts there is a pic of it. I’m not sure about the SKU off hand but I’ll look later and see what I can find. I can post a pic of the box too.

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

We were at Costco today and I noticed they have LED shop lights that are sort of the LED equivalent to the 4′ fluorescent plug in shop lights that you hang on chains. I picked one up and hung it in my basement shop space tonight and I’m really happy with it so far. Great light output, really light weight and costs next to nothing to run. Also no worries about bulbs burning out or ballasts going kaput. It’s light enough and easy enough to transport that I think I’m going to take it with me when I need lighting in another space that I’m working in. If you’re looking for a shop fixture these seem to be great.

As you can see in the first pic it puts a good amount of light onto a work surface. As it turns out, an MPT is the perfect work surface for assembling a Bosch router table :)

I will have to look for them the next time I go to Costco , I have been looking for something like this for my dark basement .

Lon, I would have to look up the lumen rating on a 2 bulb fluorescent fixture to know exactly but it seems to be pretty comparable in light output. It cost $55 which is pretty decent.

Thanks Dan, did some more research. The Big-Ass light fixture is only 2′ long and emits 13,000 lumens! I guess that is why it runs $399. Found a 4′ LED fixture that could replace the fluorescent fixture I have now. They are 4000 lumens each and comparable in light output. Cost is $129. Now I would like to find something that is in-between at 4′ and perhaps 6-8,000 lumens to get replacements for my fluorescents.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hanks Dan, did some more research. The Big-Ass light fixture is only 2′ long and emits 13,000 lumens! I guess that is why it runs $399.

Yikes that is a bunch of light from such a short fixture. I’m still looking at LED T8 replacements HD has a 4 ft LED shoplight for $50 I may get to test.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

hanks Dan, did some more research. The Big-Ass light fixture is only 2′ long and emits 13,000 lumens! I guess that is why it runs $399.

Yikes that is a bunch of light from such a short fixture. I’m still looking at LED T8 replacements HD has a 4 ft LED shoplight for $50 I may get to test.

I had told the man that owns the float house I’ve been working on about the HD 4′ led lights. He is supposed to pick some up to go downstairs. Will be a month or so before we can get back together and install them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

Thanks Dan, did some more research. The Big-Ass light fixture is only 2′ long and emits 13,000 lumens! I guess that is why it runs $399. Found a 4′ LED fixture that could replace the fluorescent fixture I have now. They are 4000 lumens each and comparable in light output. Cost is $129. Now I would like to find something that is in-between at 4′ and perhaps 6-8,000 lumens to get replacements for my fluorescents.

Wow that is pretty steep for price Lon. It puts out a good amount of lumens though so I guess that’s why it’s so expensive. I think over time most lights will get replaced with LED.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems WAY pricy for a light.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am going out this morning to look for some new lighting for my basement . The florescent lights I have now are pretty well shot .

woodman_412

If you’re going by Costco John the LED shop light is definitely worth a look. The other thing that I really like about it is there is no warm up time like a fluorescent light so when you turn it on it is instantly full brightness and no flickering.

Dan

danpattison.com

I went to HD yesterday and picked up a 4000 lumen unit 4 foot in length to put over a “dead spot” in the basement. It was $60. There was a 2′ unit that put out 12,000 lumens that was priced at $130. That one was really bright.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.660 seconds