dcsimg

Garage & Shop Lighting

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this is part of my portable work area, if i have it bolted to the ceiling, that would mean staying in one place

Well that explains it.

I also want to know how many more lights to buy and see if i can get a deal on a few of them. I really like the one costco light i have. i have to say it was an amazing buy. However the moonrakers from costco are pretty decent too, maybe even comparable to the 4 foot ones as they are just as bright.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have to think about if I want to hardwire my new shop lights or install several outlets in the ceiling.

Definitely outlets in the ceiling. You will thank yourself when it is time to change the light fixture. Most LED lights do not have removable bulbs, when the lights burn out you change the fixture. Why bother un-wiring and wiring again. Just plug the new one in and go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have to think about if I want to hardwire my new shop lights or install several outlets in the ceiling.
    Im pretty sure the answer to that is in the pages before but I have to see when I have time to read all that

Alex,
    Go with ceiling outlets, will make things easier. I wish that I had done that when my lights were put in. I would like to re-position some for better lighting in some areas.
    I will be removing the lights from their current position and put receptacles and add plugs to the end of the lights.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Definitely outlets in the ceiling. You will thank yourself when it is time to change the light fixture. Most LED lights do not have removable bulbs, when the lights burn out you change the fixture. Why bother un-wiring and wiring again. Just plug the new one in and go.

That’s what I did. Fast and easy.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Outlets ! Like others have said, makes it easy to reposition or swap out

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely outlets, Ain’t no reason to hard wire lights in a shop. Plus you can plug other things in you haven’t planned on yet, I did all outlets many years ago and just last year had a need for a cord reel on the ceiling, Luckily I had a lot of options on where to hang it cuz of all the outlets. Also makes it easy to move lights around if need be, And put in way more than ya think you’ll need

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok I’m heading to Sams club today for some LED bulbs for my old flourecence fixtures, I’m tired of being in the dark out there. What is the recommendation? I want the brightest whitest bulb available, I need numbers?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Ok I’m heading to Sams club today for some LED bulbs for my old flourecence fixtures, I’m tired of being in the dark out there. What is the recommendation? I want the brightest whitest bulb available, I need numbers?

@Dabbs,
    If you want WHITE light, then look at color temps in the 4500K to 5500K range, anything below will have a yellow hue to it and anything above will have a blue hue to it.

I have 6500K T8’s in my garage and I find that they have a slight blue to them but not as bad as people say they should.

— Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

So are 6500 brighter than 4500-5500? I know I don’t want yellow tint but not sure what this blue really feels like

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So are 6500 brighter than 4500-5500? I know I don’t want yellow tint but not sure what this blue really feels like

Will you hang it from the ceiling?

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL YES!! Ain’t no 2×4 ‘over the top’ light hanging frame in this shop

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@Dabbs,
    Yes, they are brighter.

Ever notice driving down the road and the headlights of an oncoming car are blue sometimes? These are people who upgrade to a higher colour temp. Some people upgrade but to a more manageable WHITE colour.

Not the greastet picture but the old T12’s were yellow.

A bit better..

New T8’s have a slight blue and are much brighter.

— Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

The second pic looks nice and bright, Which bulbs are those? Same as the last pic or not?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The second pic looks nice and bright, Which bulbs are those? Same as the last pic or not?

Old T12’s, well they were new at the time of that pic. Over time they were not bright at all. Flickered when it got cold out and started to take longer to brighten up.

LED’s will be instant on and not flicker.

— Glenn Botting

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I would just get a 2-pack of complete lights
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/2pk-led-shoplight-4-ft-led-shoplight/prod20051839.ip?navAction=

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/2pk-led-shoplight-4-ft-led-shoplight/prod20051839.ip?navAction=

That is a good price for the two lights Charles. The complete light is the way to go.

Ron

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That is a good price for the two lights Charles. The complete light is the way to go.

That is a good price for a pair of fixtures. Sam’s Club pulled out of Canada as they could not compete with Costco.
    I think it will still be a few years before we see decent pricing on LED’s up here.

— Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That is a good price for a pair of fixtures. Sam’s Club pulled out of Canada as they could not compete with Costco.
    I think it will still be a few years before we see decent pricing on LED’s up here.

Never would have thought Sam’s couldn’t compete with anyone.

Ron

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

LOL YES!! Ain’t no 2×4 ‘over the top’ light hanging frame in this shop

lol you sure you don’t want a over the workbench light? might concentrate all the light you have over just the one movable area?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is a real good price for two lights. Nice find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.742 seconds