dcsimg

Garage & Shop Lighting

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have one costco light in the middle of my garage and its pretty bright.
    It does a better job then my current old T12s which flicker all the time.
    16 total but not all are working anymore 😀
    im thinking about getting a few more and start replacing them

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

16 total but not all are working anymore

You need to replace them with LED ones. If you have a Sam’s Club nearby they have a great 4′ LED shop light for around $40 each.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

16 total but not all are working anymore

You need to replace them with LED ones. If you have a Sam’s Club nearby they have a great 4′ LED shop light for around $40 each.

yup $36 at Sams.
    I got my current LED shop light from Costco 1 year ago to test it out.
    Costco has them on sale sometimes for $25 or $28. regular $32

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

If you are comfortable re-wiring you can get bulbs that do not use the starter or ballast of your existing lights, which are another failure point, and it can be cheaper in the long run.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

well i totally forgot to add a photo here, i put up the costco shop light right above my work table with a 2×4

It looks like a great setup for sure, why not just hang it from the ceiling ?

woodman_412

I had one of the LED segments in one of my Costco lights go out last week. I took it back and they exchanged it for me no problem. I’ve been finding that they work really well for video lighting too since they are easily moved around and re-positioned.

Dan

danpattison.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

well i totally forgot to add a photo here, i put up the costco shop light right above my work table with a 2×4

Yeah, why not ? Moving it up and away from the wall would make a difference

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yeah, why not ? Moving it up and away from the wall would make a difference

It does appear to be very close to the wall.
    When first seeing this pic I kept thinking it needed to be moved to the Hack tread. lol But after looking at it a time or two. I’m not so sure.

@r-ice
    we need more pics of this light setup please.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

First off – Don’t look at the mess…just don’t 😀
    I’m working on it.

here some pictures of my costco LED shop light hanging at the ceiling in the middle of the garage

versus

6x T12 shop lights with 2 bulbs each. I had more in there but I took some down and some just went out.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol you guys are too funny, this is part of my portable work area, if i have it bolted to the ceiling, that would mean staying in one place. No can do that if I want to move it around, I took that photo so that you could see the light, it doesn’t matter where it is when i want to show you guys the exact light i bought from costco as there are a few versions. However lol since you want to see more pictures here are some traveling photos

Here it is hanging by one side.

here it is wedge in the ceiling like you guys wanted.

and when i feel like faux roading, it is on top of the truck.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

When first seeing this pic I kept thinking it needed to be moved to the Hack tread. lol But after looking at it a time or two. I’m not so sure.

yea needs moved to the hack thread. Nothing pro about it lol.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

First off – Don’t look at the mess…just don’t
    I’m working on it.

here some pictures of my costco LED shop light hanging at the ceiling in the middle of the garage

WHAT A MESS..

Messing with ya, Alex. LOL I haven’t gone with LED’s in my garage but did get rid of the T12’s that were in there. Went with T8’s and what a big difference. You will like it once the T12’s are gone and replaced.

lol you guys are too funny, this is part of my portable work area, if i have it bolted to the ceiling, that would mean staying in one place. No can do that if I want to move it around, I took that photo so that you could see the light, it doesn’t matter where it is when i want to show you guys the exact light i bought from costco as there are a few versions. However lol since you want to see more pictures here are some traveling photos

HaHa, I want to see the truck in an off road setting.
    Is that the Costco LED with the plug in cord off one end? Or did you have to hard wire a plug on it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

First off – Don’t look at the mess…just don’t
    I’m working on it.

WHAT A MESS..

Messing with ya, Alex. LOL I haven’t gone with LED’s in my garage but did get rid of the T12’s that were in there. Went with T8’s and what a big difference. You will like it once the T12’s are gone and replaced.

HaHa, I want to see the truck in an off road setting.
    Is that the Costco LED with the plug in cord off one end? Or did you have to hard wire a plug on it.

lol yups the cord is hanging off one end.

yea needs moved to the hack thread. Nothing pro about it lol.

lol pros don’t move their work station around. or are you saying that pros will leave the light up in one corner and move the table away from it?

edit lol forget it i asked.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Makes for a sweet light bar. lol

This is why I asked for more pics. Knew there had to be more to your setup than the first pic showed.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Makes for a sweet light bar. lol

This is why I asked for more pics. Knew there had to be more to your setup than the first pic showed.

yah and i plan to move, so i don’t really want to turn it in to the ultimate workshop and i don’t want to move after that lol. Once i get the wood for the new bench, i may have to leave that in place and mount the light above it. I am also hoping for our dollar to rise again so i can drive down to the states and pick up 20 dollar led light bars and then mount them all over the place. I really need to find a place to move to first, then design a new workspace. Besides i need to fit a few more pieces to complete my workshop as complete as i can anyways.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

this is part of my portable work area, if i have it bolted to the ceiling, that would mean staying in one place

Well that explains it.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’m working on it.

versus

6x T12 shop lights with 2 bulbs each. I had more in there but I took some down and some just went out.

This looks pretty typical of a shop being worked on.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’m working on it.

versus

This looks pretty typical of a shop being worked on.

haha thanks 😀 now I don’t feel so bad anymore

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I’m working on it.

versus

Haha, don’t feel bad, at least your still posting pictures, it’s always nice to see pictures, thanks and it’s coming along also.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’m working on it.

versus

Haha, don’t feel bad, at least your still posting pictures, it’s always nice to see pictures, thanks and it’s coming along also.

your welcome brian. I dont mind uploading pictures.
    I like them too, so its a giving and taking 😛

I have to think about if I want to hardwire my new shop lights or install several outlets in the ceiling.
    Im pretty sure the answer to that is in the pages before but I have to see when I have time to read all that 😀

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.882 seconds