dcsimg

FSN OFA 32 Kit

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • Author

An aside: didn’t we decide a long time ago that the 18v Bosch circ saw should work on these rails? Will one of you give that a shot?

If that’s the case I will have to pump the 18V circ saw to the top of my rewards list. I remember reading something about that. Or maybe it was the jig saw??

I do not think it works with these rails. There is a small groove on the Mafell and Bosch saws for this rail. I think that the cordless has a wider groove. You could make a jig or something I would guess and maybe there is a different style rail that is available to fit it.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think that Scott is right about the 18v circular saw. I believe the slot was wider as well. Anyways, here are some more pictures.

RyanF
    Pro

An aside: didn’t we decide a long time ago that the 18v Bosch circ saw should work on these rails? Will one of you give that a shot?

BOT: @svensshutters we are getting eager to see an update on your initial impressions!

How long did it take to get between ordering and now?

Very interesting. Sven, if you don’t have the 18v circular saw, can you please get one? 🙂

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It’s on the list.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I do not think it works with these rails. There is a small groove on the Mafell and Bosch saws for this rail. I think that the cordless has a wider groove. You could make a jig or something I would guess and maybe there is a different style rail that is available to fit it.

I think you are right. I think it works on the older bosch rails. Same for the corded circ saws. I read that the new saws ending in S (NAINA designation) will fit. There seems to be some confusion on different rails having the same part number

Here’s a BTP thread with some info.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/track-for-bosch-18v-saw/

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Awesome pics Sven – thanks for the closeups! I recall seeing a video review of the FSN OFA 32 kit with a totally worthless micro-adjust dial (out of the box)… How is yours working so far?

What do you think of those clamps so far? Are they very rugged at all?

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The clamps are super rugged. As far as the micro adjustment knob, I don’t see any problems yet with it.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’m super excited to get mine here, an MFT top as well as some built in cabinet projects are coming up for me once we have the new place in a few weeks. I want to hear how Brad likes it with the plunge for the colt as well once he gets it in a few weeks time.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’m super excited to get mine here, an MFT top as well as some built in cabinet projects are coming up for me once we have the new place in a few weeks. I want to hear how Brad likes it with the plunge for the colt as well once he gets it in a few weeks time.

That makes two of us! I hope to be harvesting in a couple weeks (well next week if the darn rain ever quits) but I can’t wait for it all to show up. Plunge base is on its way along with DC and the FSN OFA should be here soon too. I am going to need to get some metric router bits for the shelf pins as well.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I hope that I have time tomorrow to stop and get some shelf pin bits. We’ll see how it goes. So far I Like the setup. I also found out that the clamps will fit normal t-track. I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow after work.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I forgot about the clamps. Those are super cool as well. Does anyone know if the Bosch clamps are available in NA? I know the festool clamps won’t work on the track as they are too thick but guys do take the quick clamps off the festool and put them on the bosch screw types.

Brad T

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s the router setup for making shelf pan holes that are spaces 32mm apart. The rail is for the router to follow.

Oh ,,, very nice! That’s going to be a very useful tool.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I hope that I have time tomorrow to stop and get some shelf pin bits. We’ll see how it goes. So far I Like the setup. I also found out that the clamps will fit normal t-track. I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow after work.

That adds some value to the versatility of those bosch clamps!

Does anyone know if the Bosch clamps are available in NA?

I can’t find them anywhere with a quick search…

Maybe the positive responses to this kit will help get Bosch to get this kit off the NAINA list!

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I couldn’t find any bosch clamps either but mafell does make the regular screw clamp that you cen get at timberwolf in NA.

I would like to see how the irwin clamp would work on a rail like this.

Brad T

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The Irwin clamps will probably work fine.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The Irwin clamps will probably work fine.

I so don’t understand what you are getting at. Irwin clamps with what rail?

The rails have a very thin groove in the bottom so they require special clamps – the Bosch like Sven posts or the Mafell screw clamps. Even the Festool clamps are too thick on the end, although one could probably modify it somehow to fit if you wanted to grind away some of the metal.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think I See what is being said. I will say that if the festool or other clamps were ground down, they would likely be too flimsy to provide good clamping pressure.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Maybe the positive responses to this kit will help get Bosch to get this kit off the NAINA list!

Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath!

Bert

I think I See what is being said. I will say that if the festool or other clamps were ground down, they would likely be too flimsy to provide good clamping pressure.

Boy I dont know about that Sven. I was amazed how strong that steel is on those clamps when I moddded my Irwins. It might be worth trying if you could find a deal on one first.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.642 seconds