dcsimg

FSN OFA 32 Kit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Well boys and girls, the first ever Bosch FSN OFA 32 Kit has arrived in the U.S. It’s late and I wanted to get a few pictures up for the masses to see. I’ll take Some time tomorrow to play and give some first impressions. I also have to send Some stuff North which will be a little bit of a priority!

BTW, I took a picture with the Bosch 800mm rail along side my Festool 54″ rail for comparison.

Ooooo…sweeet! The track is a lot smaller. Does it seem heavy duty?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Oh sweet. I can’t wait!

I hope to hear your thoughts on connecting two tracks.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

That is awesome!! Congrats!

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Oh you can bet on it. I let you know first thing. I do have to get some boxes into the mail first.

Ooooo…sweeet! The track is a lot smaller. Does it seem heavy duty?

These tracks are narrower, but much more rigid. I think that they are 1mm thicker than a Festool track and they allow for clamping right next to the edge, which is nice.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve got two of the 800 tracks and I am hoping to get two 1600 mafell with the track saw this fall.

Can’t wait to see the whole system all together

Thanks Sven!

Are you happy with the rail or is it just different?

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I can’t say yet. I’ll Know more tomorrow. Need to play with the stuff. Just toot pictures so far.

well, this is definitely an exciting day for you Sven – and for the rest of us. I am really excited to see if it works as well as you hope.

Did you end up getting the colt plunge base like Brad is planning to?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oooooo that’s nice stuff. The rail? What saw goes on it? Do you have it? What is a FSN OFA 32 Kit?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Very nice. Can’t wait to read about your impressions about it.

Bert

Oooooo that’s nice stuff. The rail? What saw goes on it? Do you have it? What is a FSN OFA 32 Kit?

This is the bosch version of the festool LR32 router guide system – for making the holes for shelves.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It’s the router setup for making shelf pan holes that are spaces 32mm apart. The rail is for the router to follow.

Nice setup for making those holes. Sounds like you are going to be making something with shelves soon. Have fun.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The rails also fits the Mafell saws.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice setup for making those holes. Sounds like you are going to be making something with shelves soon. Have fun.

That is what I told the wife, lol. Or perhaps an MFT top?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wowwy Congrats, That took a looong time but glad ya finally was able to get it. Very exciting

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I plan on using it on my own kitchen build, I have plans for a few book shelves and I want to make an MFT top for OA table and who knows what else!!

Brad T

An aside: didn’t we decide a long time ago that the 18v Bosch circ saw should work on these rails? Will one of you give that a shot?

BOT: @svensshutters we are getting eager to see an update on your initial impressions!

How long did it take to get between ordering and now?

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

An aside: didn’t we decide a long time ago that the 18v Bosch circ saw should work on these rails? Will one of you give that a shot?

If that’s the case I will have to pump the 18V circ saw to the top of my rewards list. I remember reading something about that. Or maybe it was the jig saw??

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.579 seconds