dcsimg

Frustrating things we see

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I thought I would create a topic for frustrating things we see in our daily endeavors.

For example, The last two days we were replacing Basketball hoop structures at a gym where we replaced some others about 3 years ago. When we replaced those, parts of the structures were through bolted on the exterior walls. We are not supposed to patch things like that per our contract. We notified the facilities person that the bolts should be pulled out of the walls and the walls patched.

Today I noticed that nothing had been done. There is a straight conduit for cold air to pass through the wall and for moisture to get into the wall. I guess they just don’t care.

I attached a couple photo’s below. There are also two the same on the other side of the ductwork.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This is frustrating. It’s frustrating not someone is ignorant or incompetent, but because they don’t care.

I deal with tenants a lot, and it’s frustrating for the same reason, they don’t care about things they do not own, even they signed a lease stating they would not do this or they would do that.

The latest being a plugged up kitchen drain after they put artichoke hearts and rice down the drain. When I asked what they put down the sink they said just running water. When I showed them the artichoke hearts they said “Yikes I don’t know where that came from”.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It looks like someone decided to take a shortcut and go around the barricades last night.

Doobie

It looks like someone decided to take a shortcut and go around the barricades last night.

Is that concrete they ruined?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes, they had extended a sewer and water line across this street. they had poured the concrete and barricaded it but someone ignored the barricades and drove into it.

The way the tracks look, it appears that the concrete at the top of the photo may have been set up, possibly from the first truck, and the portion where they sunk in may have been the last load, because you can see the tracks continuing on or starting from the upper portion of the photo.

Incredible , to bad it wasn’t like 18 inches deep and still soft , would have served them right to get stuck in it

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is frustrating. It’s frustrating not someone is ignorant or incompetent, but because they don’t care.

I deal with tenants a lot, and it’s frustrating for the same reason, they don’t care about things they do not own, even they signed a lease stating they would not do this or they would do that.

The latest being a plugged up kitchen drain after they put artichoke hearts and rice down the drain. When I asked what they put down the sink they said just running water. When I showed them the artichoke hearts they said “Yikes I don’t know where that came from”.

I know exactly what you mean. I had tenant that was like this. He tried to be this nice person when saw you. Then behind our back they broke every rule of the rental agreement. When he was question on it he blamed it on his girlfriend. It was hard to believe that he had his own landscaping business. I was sure glad when they moved out.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yes, they had extended a sewer and water line across this street. they had poured the concrete and barricaded it but someone ignored the barricades and drove into it.

The way the tracks look, it appears that the concrete at the top of the photo may have been set up, possibly from the first truck, and the portion where they sunk in may have been the last load, because you can see the tracks continuing on or starting from the upper portion of the photo.

Why is the top of concrete white? At first glance it looked like snow in July!

Doobie

A third online order I made over the last two weeks with Canadian Tire is being cancelled by them. No reason given, they sit on the orders for a week or so each, and just cancel them.

“Three strikes, you’re out!” as far as I’m concerned. Never gonna online order from Crappy Tire again. They’re bloody useless!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A third online order I made over the last two weeks with Canadian Tire is being cancelled by them. No reason given, they sit on the orders for a week or so each, and just cancel them.

“Three strikes, you’re out!” as far as I’m concerned. Never gonna online order from Crappy Tire again. They’re bloody useless!

Wow that’s too bad. If it was me I would feel the same way. So far I have had good luck with online orders from Crappy Tire. It has been awhile since I have made a order. My last online order was in the spring.

Greg

Wow , I’ve never ordered anything from them online , so I can’t say I’ve ever had any issues , sounds strange that they would cancel the order after a week or so 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

Wow , I’ve never ordered anything from them online , so I can’t say I’ve ever had any issues , sounds strange that they would cancel the order after a week or so 🤷‍♂️

I was in the store a week ago wondering about just that. The lady at the customer service counter said that each store is different but typically they are 5-10 days behind in how they deal with online orders. Somewhat ridiculous if you ask me.

Then again, I just received a rolling clothes rack I need to clear out a space in my crawl space that’s about to worked on where we hung up a bunch of clothes on a pole held by J hooks screwed into the joists. Ordered it off Amazon on the 5th of June with an initial del date of the 14th. Just arrived late last nite.

I actually managed to put it together today in my debilitated state. We needed to remove the clothes completely from that area as they’re about to change out the outdoor bib there for when they connect a temp water feed to the house out front while they install a new watermain on our street.

All the winter coats are hung there in the tall area of the crawl space, but it’s right in the way of them working on the outdoor spigot changeover that is prone to leaking. Hey, they’re doin’ it for free. I’m providing the all season new spigot which needs to be worked on from the inside.

I’m actually planning on reclaiming that part of the crawlspace anyways into the main room adjacent to it as I renovate my basement. The whole roling coat rack I bought with a plastic cover seemed like an ideal solution for more than just the need to move the coats out the way for the short term. This is the coat rack that arrived from amazon…..

Very well made and easy to assemble. Most of the racks I saw online were flimsy tubular steel things that are meant for shirts and skirts. We’ve got a mass of winter clothing to go on it, so getting one with a 150 to 200 lbs weight limit seemed a foolish waste of time waiting to happen. This one can handle 400 lbs. Should do the trick.

Doobie

Ended up doing the transfer to new rack tonite.

No prob rolling it around.

Still need to deploy the clear thru cover you see folded up hanging on the right peg hook, but that can wait. Think I’ll leave it in the backyard in the hot summer sun in the coming days to soften it up and bring it back inside in my coldish air conditioned basement. It’s quite stiff right now having sat in my house.

I wanted this kit with the plastic see-thru cover as once real construction started down there, all the winter gear on it would have otherwise gotten covered in airborne construction debris. It was like $30 bucks more getting it with the accessory J stems that help keep the cover itself forming a properly squared out cover. The plastic cover also has a middle zip up zipper for ease of access to the clothes without removing the cover entirely as well. Better than anything I could have conjured on my own.

I’m gonna likely keep this rack as it’s ongoing use even once the basement is finished. It should fit nicely into a closed in space that is currently an open dead space at the bottom of the stairs that lead to the ultimate open area but I’ll frame a wide open doored closet area for it. For roughly $120 plus tax, I don’t find this purchase a waste of time regardless even if that future use doesn’t pan out for that purpose for whatever reason I’m not anticipating.

Yeah I had bought a rack very similar to that , great idea for the basement , same principal , while I finished the basement in the other house we bought , I actually left it in the house when we moved out , no big deal though , we didn’t pay a big price for it , and we actually made a fairly large profit while we owned the other house.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Why is the top of concrete white? At first glance it looked like snow in July!

It is a spray on curing membrane to keep the moisture from leaving the top of the slab to fast. It is seen a lot in commercial and road construction. not so much in residential, however it should be. it is hard to get the residential guys to use it but it makes a better end product.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It is a spray on curing membrane to keep the moisture from leaving the top of the slab to fast. It is seen a lot in commercial and road construction. not so much in residential, however it should be. it is hard to get the residential guys to use it but it makes a better end product.

Got it. I normally just use light duty tarps or visqueen.

Doobie

Got it. I normally just use light duty tarps or visqueen.

I throw burlap or an old bedsheet on it with a soaker hose on top on a timer for up to 10 days to two weeks.

This is the Most Frustrating Thing for me..

Attachments:

This is the Most Frustrating Thing for me..

Yeah computer related issues are pretty darn frustrating for sure

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have seen construction crews do this concrete curbs. When redid my street last year I looked what the white stuff was they were spraying on the concrete. I also wondered why residential guys use it on concrete.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.402 seconds