dcsimg

Frustrating things we see

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I thought I would create a topic for frustrating things we see in our daily endeavors.

For example, The last two days we were replacing Basketball hoop structures at a gym where we replaced some others about 3 years ago. When we replaced those, parts of the structures were through bolted on the exterior walls. We are not supposed to patch things like that per our contract. We notified the facilities person that the bolts should be pulled out of the walls and the walls patched.

Today I noticed that nothing had been done. There is a straight conduit for cold air to pass through the wall and for moisture to get into the wall. I guess they just don’t care.

I attached a couple photo’s below. There are also two the same on the other side of the ductwork.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This is frustrating. It’s frustrating not someone is ignorant or incompetent, but because they don’t care.

I deal with tenants a lot, and it’s frustrating for the same reason, they don’t care about things they do not own, even they signed a lease stating they would not do this or they would do that.

The latest being a plugged up kitchen drain after they put artichoke hearts and rice down the drain. When I asked what they put down the sink they said just running water. When I showed them the artichoke hearts they said “Yikes I don’t know where that came from”.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It looks like someone decided to take a shortcut and go around the barricades last night.

Doobie

It looks like someone decided to take a shortcut and go around the barricades last night.

Is that concrete they ruined?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes, they had extended a sewer and water line across this street. they had poured the concrete and barricaded it but someone ignored the barricades and drove into it.

The way the tracks look, it appears that the concrete at the top of the photo may have been set up, possibly from the first truck, and the portion where they sunk in may have been the last load, because you can see the tracks continuing on or starting from the upper portion of the photo.

Incredible , to bad it wasn’t like 18 inches deep and still soft , would have served them right to get stuck in it

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This is frustrating. It’s frustrating not someone is ignorant or incompetent, but because they don’t care.

I deal with tenants a lot, and it’s frustrating for the same reason, they don’t care about things they do not own, even they signed a lease stating they would not do this or they would do that.

The latest being a plugged up kitchen drain after they put artichoke hearts and rice down the drain. When I asked what they put down the sink they said just running water. When I showed them the artichoke hearts they said “Yikes I don’t know where that came from”.

I know exactly what you mean. I had tenant that was like this. He tried to be this nice person when saw you. Then behind our back they broke every rule of the rental agreement. When he was question on it he blamed it on his girlfriend. It was hard to believe that he had his own landscaping business. I was sure glad when they moved out.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yes, they had extended a sewer and water line across this street. they had poured the concrete and barricaded it but someone ignored the barricades and drove into it.

The way the tracks look, it appears that the concrete at the top of the photo may have been set up, possibly from the first truck, and the portion where they sunk in may have been the last load, because you can see the tracks continuing on or starting from the upper portion of the photo.

Why is the top of concrete white? At first glance it looked like snow in July!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.331 seconds