dcsimg

framing nailers

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author

I like hitachi coil nailers. They are great guns. Just like a wormdrive saw you use the weight to your advantage. Plus you can use the nail in the wet rainy weather with out worry of the paper strips falling apart or jamming up your gun.

The NR83A is IMO the only hardcore gun out there. I have used the Paslode and Bostitich guns…I just can’t stand them. The balance is way off.

So…who here takes out the spring?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ve got a Hitachi which I really like except that now it has gone to leaking air around the trigger which I don’t like at all. I need to get that fixed. I’ve used my brother’s Max nailers too…they are excellent!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have a Paslode f350 it does well. Had an old Senco that we called the double banger. I do see that a lot like the NR83.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

The NR83A is IMO the only hardcore gun out there. I have used the Paslode and Bostitich guns…I just can’t stand them. The balance is way off.

I do! Among other stuff……so I can fire it one handed.

I thought about going with a Max last time I purchased a new gun but decided to go with what I know and that was Hitachi. I have two. The older one has less safety stuff.

I’ve got a Hitachi which I really like except that now it has gone to leaking air around the trigger which I don’t like at all. I need to get that fixed. I’ve used my brother’s Max nailers too…they are excellent!

They are simple. It’s usually the little ball inside there. Get a rebuild kit online and change it out yourself, they are simple to do, and usually about $10

I do! Among other stuff……so I can fire it one handed.

I thought about going with a Max last time I purchased a new gun but decided to go with what I know and that was Hitachi. I have two. The older one has less safety stuff.

Right on. That’s the first thing that goes on my Hitachi’s.

Have you ever seen a nailer fire…with no air hose connected? Twice here. The gun jams, and the driver is usually in the fully down position. Still has compressed air inside of the cylinder. Frightening scenario.

Thatkid
    Pro

I have a cheap porter cable gun but have used the Hitachi nr83 a lot and think I want to get an old one were you can remove the spring or a max super framer.

@Thatkid taking the spring out is not for everyone. It makes the gun 20x more dangerous in the wrong hands. Learn to use the guns properly before altering or modifying these guns.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but have used the Hitachi nr83 a lot and think I want to get an old one were you can remove the spring

That’s what I’d TK, get a older one form E-bay or somewhere. they are very easy to fix too.

Thatkid
    Pro

@Thatkid taking the spring out is not for everyone. It makes the gun 20x more dangerous in the wrong hands. Learn to use the guns properly before altering or modifying these guns.

What makes it more dangerous? Simple rule don’t walk around with your finger on the trigger and don’t play around with it and you should be fine.

We have always used Senco framepros clipped head nailers. I can’t compare them to anything else. They work for us well.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Anyone have any feedback on the Bosch framing nailer in the prize list? (SN350-20F)

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Anyone have any feedback on the Bosch framing nailer in the prize list? (SN350-20F)

I bought it when it was fairly new. I was excited to see what it could do and have all my nails perfectly set (roll eyes).

When it came I went to go test it and I lid you not it was as loud if not louder then a 22. firing. Used it more and more then used it inside once. Holy sh!t it was loud. One time it blew a piece of aluminum off itself. Don’t know what it was exactly.

The nose got in the way of itself a couple times especially in tight spaces.

In the end I took it apart trying to see anything irregular. Nothing by what I could tell but when I put it back together I must have not got something right because now it only sinks the nails half way. Has sat on a shelf ever since. I am sure I could send it off but I got 2 Hitachis that are work horses so fixing the Bosch is not a pressing matter.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I have an old senco, an even older paslode, and a rigid… The rigid gets most of the action anymore.

--Steve

keko
    Pro

I have used bostitch to heavy paseload is the ticket

choadjmd@aol.com
    Pro
    New Cumberland, PA

I own Porter Cable full round head framing and a Paslode cordless framer. I used to have a Max Super Framer, but was stolen from a job site.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

im running a 18 year old senco, still running strong

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

My max nailer has been great for past couple of years.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

any gun in cannings hands is dangerous anyway… leave him alone with it for 20 minutes and hell come back with a custom paint job on it…. still waiting to see the mark VII iron man paint scheme hitachi nailer he was talking about doing a few months back

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.363 seconds