dcsimg

framing nailers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

What is everyones favorite framing nailer. We have a mix of Paslode, Makita, and Hitachi. The guys seem to prefer the Hitachi to the others.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have Paslode, Senco, Ridgid, and a couple old Porter Cable framers. The Paslode is my favorite.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I use the older Max SuperFramer the one made in Japan.

Attachments:
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have several guns but I prefer Paslode over the rest .

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I like my Hitachi – light weight and has held up.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Have a Numax i got a while ago on sale but havent used it much to determine if its worth it.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I don’t use mine often but when I do I use my Paslode and have never had any issues with it. I can’t believe that they are now doing a full 2 year warranty too!

redwood
    Pro

I have a couple of Hitachi’s and 1 Milwaukee. I actually use the Milwaukee more now.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I like my older Max that they quit making, so much I bought several rebuild kits in case they quit making them as well. Hopefully I will never have to buy another gun.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I forgot I do have a Milwaukeeplastic collated nailer also. All of my others are paper collated. I got a great deal on some plastic collated nails then I was able to find the nailer for like 75 bucks new at a going out of business sale. It is asolid nailer but the HHitachi’s are still the preferred. I would like to try the Bosch bit at a premium of $70 at regular price, I find it hard to justify for just a test. The Hitachi and Paslode perform well for us.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I have a couple of Hitachi’s and 1 Milwaukee. I actually use the Milwaukee more now.

I didn’t even know Milwaukee made nailers, have never seen one before. Wonder why?

redwood
    Pro

I didn’t even know Milwaukee made nailers, have never seen one before. Wonder why?

Well it looks like maybe they don’t make them anylonger, but if you look at the reviews, it had a good rep.. I heard about it in a tool review, that ranked it pretty high. I got it on sale at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-7100-20-2-Inch-Framing-Nailer/dp/B000ENEULS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Here was the tool review. The Milwaukee garnered a tie for 2nd place, against all the heavies of the time.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/framing/tool-test–framing-nailers.aspx

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have a Hitachi as well, they are not that pretty to look at, but work well, I also have a bostitch cordless, which is a great gun.

Does anyone buy different gun types, (wire weld, collated, paper tape) I would love to pick up a paslode but I cant see having to carry two types of nails all the time (my Hitachi and bostitch are 28WW

kzcarp
    Pro

I have a couple of Senco- 2 FRH and an older clipped head, a Paslode, a cordless Paslode, a Makita coil framer and a hitachi. Except for the weight I like the Makita coiler the best, it’s balls for nailing off sheathing. For everyday small stuff and as a supplement I love my cordless paslode.

kevin

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Does anyone buy different gun types, (wire weld, collated, paper tape) I would love to pick up a paslode but I cant see having to carry two types of nails all the time (my Hitachi and bostitch are 28WW

I find that it really varies a lot by region for framers. On the east coast everyone did coil. Here it’s all paper stick. I’ve heard in hurricane / earthquake areas everything needs to be full head (despite everyone telling me they hold the same). I only use stick / paper now, easy to find nails around here for that.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

we run hitachi stick nailers at work, using paper collated. .we also have a hitachi coil which we use to use solely for sheathing but we stopped do to two reasons.. 1/2 our guys find it too heavy and the issue of it setting nails to deep.. weve tried several things to try and fix that but nothing really worked

my own gun is the older model rigid which is ok… nothing special it struggles with bounce firing. its actually the exact same gun as the milwaukee gun only a differnt color. no surprise as both brands are owned by the same company TTI, several tools that they have are branded as both such as the jigsaw and corded hammer drill

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Matt, Milwaukee made nailers for a year or two maybe 5 or 6 years ago. they had a clipped head that was nice and short magazine to fit between joist or studs and a full round head with a full magazine. We demoed the clipped head but did not like it because in the Paslode or Hitachi, you could put 2 long clips or 3 short clips in the nailer in the Milwaukee, you could only fit one long clip of nails or 2 short ones and you spent to much time reloading. At the time we were buying the long clips so you weere reloading twice as often.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have a Paslode framing nailer. It is the gas/battery powered model. I like it and it does a really good job. I use it since I don’t have to haul the compressor around just to shoot a dozen nails. I would never ever never even on a dare use it for a full day of framing.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Brian, I started out with a wire weld and switched to a paper tape because I could buy the nails cheaper and they would give me a gun if I bought a pallet. I think I got my first three Paslode nailers that way. I dont buy wire weld at all any more. I did get a good deal at a going out ofbusiness sale on plastic collated along with a gun for those so we do use both. Unless I find another good deal on plastic collated, I will probably sell the gun when the nails are gone. Ine type is the easiest to manage.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.289 seconds