dcsimg

framing nailer guns

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I own a craftsman angle framing nailer model number 18320 I bought back in the 90
    I used it to build two editions know I plan to use it again but I have no idea the type of nails
    I have a few left over and I believe they are 28 deg wired but it seems sears no longer carries them any idea what I can use
    thank you
    Joe

Doobie
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I own a craftsman angle framing nailer model number 18320 I bought back in the 90
    I used it to build two editions know I plan to use it again but I have no idea the type of nails
    I have a few left over and I believe they are 28 deg wired but it seems sears no longer carries them any idea what I can use
    thank you
    Joe

Give us a pic of the nails and we can help you out.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have a few left over and I believe they are 28 deg wired

Amazon has many brands to choose from for 28deg wire weld framing nails…. clipped, full and off-set heads

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Amazon has many brands to choose from for 28deg wire weld framing nails…. clipped, full and off-set heads

I think that it takes old bostich framing nails..

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think that it takes old bostich framing nails..

I believe your correct Dirty. 28° wire nails are Bostich.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Sears may not carry them but 28 degree wire collated nails are very common. look for them at any big box store that has nails and hardware. the 28 degree is the standard for wire collated nails. 32 degree is the paper collated standard and 21 degree is the plastic collated . Any 28 Degree wire collated nail should fit your gun.

am sorry for not responding to the help I received for my air gun
    I was amaze of the response thank you all you guys are great
    I have another question my craftsman 182320 28 degree which I’ve only used to build two additions and its been setting until am ready to use it
    the proplem am having is that it shoots twice at time one nail and the other just leaves a mark
    no nail just a mark this happens every so often
    I consider my gun new since I only used it a couple of times
    is it something I should have look at or is my psi to low I believe I use 80 psi or 100 am an old fart I tend to forget lol
    again thank you so much for all the help out there for my problem it turned out to be 28 degree nails and I got the from bosch
    Joe

Doobie

am sorry for not responding to the help I received for my air gun
    I was amaze of the response thank you all you guys are great
    I have another question my craftsman 182320 28 degree which I’ve only used to build two additions and its been setting until am ready to use it
    the proplem am having is that it shoots twice at time one nail and the other just leaves a mark
    no nail just a mark this happens every so often
    I consider my gun new since I only used it a couple of times
    is it something I should have look at or is my psi to low I believe I use 80 psi or 100 am an old fart I tend to forget lol
    again thank you so much for all the help out there for my problem it turned out to be 28 degree nails and I got the from bosch
    Joe

Sounds like a ‘user error’ issue to me. You’re allowing it to bounce after the first shot.

Sears may not carry them but 28 degree wire collated nails are very common. look for them at any big box store that has nails and hardware. the 28 degree is the standard for wire collated nails. 32 degree is the paper collated standard and 21 degree is the plastic collated . Any 28 Degree wire collated nail should fit your gun.

I think I bought mine either from Home Depot or the Reno Depot
    They are wire collated
    And yes they are Bostitch

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would suggest a good dose of nail gun oil for the gun then run it through some cycles. if that does not work a rebuild kit is probably in order. siting so long, the o-rings may be all dried out and brittle. I Believe that Bistich build that gun for Craftsman so if a Craftsman rebuild kit is not abailable Bostich may have a crossover option for it. I have a Bostich of that vintage if you need a number.

nailer
    Pro

Can anyone explain the difference between brad nailer and pin nailer?

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

Welcome to the forum Sheldon. Take some time to introduce yourself via our friendly ‘Introduce Yourself’ forum thread here…

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-v4-0/

Glad you could join us!

Can anyone explain the difference between brad nailer and pin nailer?

Brads have a very smallish T head. Albeit small. it is still considered a head. The gauge of brads insofar as thickness of their stems is typically in the range that is broader/thicker than pin type nails/pins for intended applications.

Pin nails, have almost virtually no head. They are generally of a thinner gauge than brad nails. They are therefore sometimes very difficult to deploy in harder woods although the quality of the pinner gun/tool can somewhat mitigate that.

Brad nails typically involve covering up your brad nail on the surface they are used in if in visible locations. Therefore, they are typically used where the head of the nail is not going to be visible or it doesn’t matter.

Pin nails, have a pin prick sized hole to deal with that can easily be either ignored or involve minor covering techniques in visible locations such as using spackle when doing trim work.

Brad nails hold better because they have a head. Pin nails are prone to the pin nail itself potentially breaking if used in situations where stresses on the medium being pinned are subject to pressures over time as they are of a thinner gauge, but generally is not typical to happen in most appropriate applications.

The higher the gauge number for either of them, the thinner the shank of the brad nail/pin is. Don’t buy a cheapo pin nailer. You will have no end of frustration. With brad nailers, you can get good nailers without seeking pricier models/brands but still, shy away from finding the cheapest available. They will diserve you in other ways in quick time. I’d rather deal with a framing nailer jam than a brad nailer jam at times. Nuff said.

@nailer

Pretty much it , brad nailers are good for finish moldings like baseboard door and window trim ,
    Were pin nailer is more for little decorate trim moldings

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Can anyone explain the difference between <span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-highlight” style=”color: #222222; background: #ffffb0″>brad nailer and pin nailer? </span>

Brad nailery are typically considered to be 18 GA nails and pin Nailers are typically 23 GA. The Brads also have the small “T” head as noted above.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.284 seconds