dcsimg

Food & Drink – On and Off the Jobsite, Volume 3

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

This year the tomotos went in giant clay pots for the two that are surviving enough, and the third of a different variety from the other two are in a similar sized pot, but it’s glazed potery

If those pots are sitting directly on concrete you’ll have to water even more. Wouldn’t hurt to slap together some wooden bases to space them off the concrete

Their actually sitting on a pile of four skids of concrete pallets stacked on top of each other I need to return to Lowes for my $20 deposit back per skid.

Just worked out this sring they were the perfect place where I had those skids to this and obviously I don’t need that $80 anytime soon. They get great sunlight, in fact better than the tomatoes I had last year.

Doobie

@doobie funny how my response to @Sprokitz by quote went to spam , but all the other ones even double quote ones passed 🤷‍♂️

Wow you have alot trouble with post going to spam for double quotes. I did have some issues before. Everything seems good so far.

I don’t know what to say about this issue. @miamicuse has gotten it the worst, but I know others like Brian have had its issues.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I’m not sure if I mentioned here or not, but I’m making new Tee signs for the local golf course, 4 min. from my house. Part of the payment is free dining at their restaurant. I’ve done 10 signs so far, around 30 to go. I sure hope they don’t go out of business or I’ll have to relearn to cook.

Tee2finished

Nice sign Mark, sounds like a good deal you got going on with the free dining

Hahaha see it just happened again 🤷‍♂️ I just responded to Doobies post and gone

Tried put my own seasoning on raw sunflower seeds. I will have to wait til they cool to see if it was a success.

Looks good , I love sunflower seeds , actually any seeds are good , what sort of seasoning did you make.

Hahaha see it just happened again 🤷‍♂️ I just responded to Doobies post and gone

Actually I think it’s only happens in this thread , because I responded to theamcguy post in the what are you saying for and was issues
    Just wanted to let you know

@doobie

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Question:

I just wonder if anyone makes Jerky on their smokers and what recipes they use.

I just got a smoker and I wouldn’t mine try making Jerky with it.

I thought there was few guys on here that made there own Jerky. I guess not.

I have made a lot of jerky in the past, but the smoker I was using finally rusted out (it was a water smoker) and had to be retired.
    May pick up another smoker this fall and start again, some smoked salmon would be nice also.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Tried put my own seasoning on raw sunflower seeds. I will have to wait til they cool to see if it was a success.

Looks good , I love sunflower seeds , actually any seeds are good , what sort of seasoning did you make.

Thanks! I just put a bunch of spices on them and hoped for the best. I just got tired of eating plain raw sunflower seeds. So I used Turmeric, Ginger, Cumin, oregano Pink Himalayan salt, Paprika, Cinnamon, Chili seasoning. I use most of these spices daily. I tried them them out today. They turned out pretty good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Yesterday the wife made some zucchini boats, and I made 2 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread out of this monster

Yesterday the wife made some zucchini boats, and I made 2 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread out of this monster

😯🤤🤤🤤 Oh man that looks friggin amazing , those boats I think I could eat 4 easily , that’s a huge zucchini , never tried that chocolate zucchini bread , I assume it’s sweet , now I’m hungry again

Doobie

Never seen zucchini boats. What’s in them? Love zucchini on the Q.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have never had zucchini boats. They look very good and I will have to look up how to make them!

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

never tried that chocolate zucchini bread , I assume it’s sweet , now I’m hungry again

Yes, it’s sweet. More like cake, most all zucchini breads are more like cake

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Never seen zucchini boats. What’s in them? Love zucchini on the Q.

These had sausage,onions,garlic, petite diced tomato,S&P and parm cheese. Topped with mozzarella cheese

never tried that chocolate zucchini bread , I assume it’s sweet , now I’m hungry again

Yes, it’s sweet. More like cake, most all zucchini breads are more like cake

Do you have my mailing address lol
    I saw the ingredients below 🤤🤤 I never thought of using sausage 👌 definitely going to be trying them. Thanks for the great looking meal

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow they look really good. I have only ate zucchini bread before. I really liked it. I like to try the zucchini boats. They look really good.

Greg

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

do most of my eating and cooking in the truck now this is my general tsao chiken and rice i made was really good

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

do most of my eating and cooking in the truck now this is my general tsao chiken and rice i made was really good

Looks good Bob. The misses has tought you well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Looks good Bob , nice to hear from you again , I assume you must be busy with this covid19 , looks like you have a nice little set up in your rig 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks pretty good. Better then eating a truck stop all the time.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 251 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.602 seconds