dcsimg

Food & Drink – On and Off the Jobsite, Volume 3

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author

My parents came over so I made some steaks over apple wood for them and my wife and I.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>2020-05-23_08-55-06</figure>

😯 Nothing like a few good steaks on the Q , I’m sure everyone enjoyed it

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My parents came over so I made some steaks over apple wood for them and my wife and I.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>2020-05-23_08-55-06</figure>

Those steaks look really good. I have couple Chucks of apple wood my Dad gave. I have yet to use any of it yet. Maybe I will try with steaks.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

They were real good. I almost exclusively grill over wood now instead of charcoal – I love the taste.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Found another non alcoholic beer that doesn’t taste to bad. I know these beers might not be fore everyone. I am quite happy with them.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I smoke a beef roast and steak my Charcoal smoker. This the first time I ever smoked anything before. It turned out pretty good.

Greg

I smoke a beef roast and steak my Charcoal smoker. This the first time I ever smoked anything before. It turned out pretty good.

They look good 👍 , what flavor of smoke did you get

I just did the old recipe from my Mom for Mac and cheese

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice!! I do like me some smoked mac and cheese.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I’ve been meaning to make Mac & Cheese for the first time. In fact, it’s gonna be a seafood M&C with crab and shrimp. Just haven’t had the time, but I do have all the ingredients ready to go.

Thanks Ron , yeah four people and nothing left for me to take for lunch , friggin monsters I’m living with lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I used cherry wood.

Greg

I used cherry wood.

Nice , did you find it made a difference.

Picked up a few off these to try out , actually pretty nice , I’ll definitely be picking up more later this week 🙄🤭

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:

I used cherry wood.

Nice , did you find it made a difference.

Yes I did find that made a difference. I will try something different next time

Greg

Doobie

Made a seafood mac and cheese from scratch for the first time. Was gonna use some pre-shredded cheese, but read on the internet not to as they add so,ething to pre-shredded cheeses so they clump less in the bag and as a result it is not recommended for homemade kac and cheese as it’ll not melt as creamy.

Turned out pretty good. Next time, I’m gonna use fresh crab and not canned crab. Not enough chunks in them. It’s mostly shredded crab that just disappears and is largely tasteless as a result. Had some large shrimps cut up in there too. Maybe some lobster next time.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Made a seafood mac and cheese from scratch for the first time. Was gonna use some pre-shredded cheese, but read on the internet not to as they add so,ething to pre-shredded cheeses so they clump less in the bag and as a result it is not recommended for homemade kac and cheese as it’ll not melt as creamy.

Turned out pretty good. Next time, I’m gonna use fresh crab and not canned crab. Not enough chunks in them. It’s mostly shredded crab that just disappears and is largely tasteless as a result. Had some large shrimps cut up in there too. Maybe some lobster next time.

I didn’t know that there was something added to shredded cheese to stop it from clumping. Man you never know what your eating now days.

Greg

What’s that saying pictures or it didn’t happen lmao 😅😂
    Sounds good anyway.

Doobie

Sounds good anyway.

Here ya go. Made two casserole dishes. Finished the smaller one already, still have this bigger one to go.

Sounds good anyway.

Here ya go. Made two casserole dishes. Finished the smaller one already, still have this bigger one to go.

Hahaha I was just kidding ,

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Hmmm, I’m thinking stuffed peppers on the grill might be a good idea this weekend. Some hickory for flavor.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Sounds good anyway.

That does look really good.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Question:

I just wonder if anyone makes Jerky on their smokers and what recipes they use.

I just got a smoker and I wouldn’t mine try making Jerky with it.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.396 seconds