dcsimg

Food & Drink – On and Off the Jobsite, Volume 3

Viewing 13 posts - 281 through 293 (of 293 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

We went down the road on a walk with the dog. In about 1/2 hour we got this. Wild blueberries and a few wild raspberries too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We went down the road on a walk with the dog. In about 1/2 hour we got this. Wild blueberries and a few wild raspberries too.

Nice the joys of the north country. Looks like a good year for berries. Looks like your friend the bear never got all the berries.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Those are my favorite , love raspberries , I remember picking them when I was a kid , my mom wasn’t impressed with the stained shirt lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well it is that time of year again. I picked up order potatoes for the winter. I got five 50lbs bags.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

So far we have 4 varieties of apples, 3 varieties of tomatoes, peas, squash from the garden. The eating apples are some of the best I have had in a long time.
    Next year we should have a few more items, along with being on the place in time for the small patch of huckleberries that are reported to be on the property.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Well it is that time of year again. I picked up order potatoes for the winter. I got five 50lbs bags.

That’s a lot of potatoes
    We could make a huge amount of perogies and gnocchi with that , would be great to freeze and have for a later time
    We bought a potato fluffer I think it’s called , cheap and make a huge difference for making gnocchi

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s a lot of potatoes

We could make a huge amount of perogies and gnocchi with that , would be great to freeze and have for a later time

We bought a potato fluffer I think it’s called , cheap and make a huge difference for making gnocchi

LOL! Yeah it is alot of potatoes. Two of those bags and the rest are for other people.

Greg

Doobie

I bought a box of fresh oysters at the grocery store a couple of days ago and I’m going to try shucking them myself for the very first time.

I just love oysters with a French minuet. Haven’t had any in a long time. There’s a place here in town that used to do it once a month when I used to go in there and sometimes order up to 50 of them and drink beer. Unfortunately due to covid-19 they stopped doing that.

I’m having trouble finding a good recipe for the French minuet on the internet that seems right to me. None of them seem to be like the one that is served up the street from me and the chef that used to work there isn’t there any longer so I can’t ask him.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I bought a box of fresh oysters at the grocery store a couple of days ago and I’m going to try shucking them myself for the very first time.

I just love oysters with a French minuet. Haven’t had any in a long time. There’s a place here in town that used to do it once a month when I used to go in there and sometimes order up to 50 of them and drink beer. Unfortunately due to covid-19 they stopped doing that.

I’m having trouble finding a good recipe for the French minuet on the internet that seems right to me. None of them seem to be like the one that is served up the street from me and the chef that used to work there isn’t there any longer so I can’t ask him.

I haven’t done my own shucking, it seems to be a rather dangerous task, slippery, wet, sharp instrument…not a good combination. If I have to do it I would put the oyster in a vise and use a SDS max clay spade bit to shuck LOL.

Doobie

I haven’t done my own shucking, it seems to be a rather dangerous task, slippery, wet, sharp instrument…not a good combination. If I have to do it I would put the oyster in a vise and use a SDS max clay spade bit to shuck LOL.

OK, now that’s overkill! Lol!

I do have a steel mesh glove I bought years ago and have never used. May have bought it with this in mind, I honestly can’t recall. I’ve have both my shucker tool and that glove for maybe ten years now. ‘Bout time I get around to using them.

Lmao 😆🤣 yeah I could just picture that lol

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I just love oysters with a French minuet

I always preferred British rock with oysters

Doobie

I just love oysters with a French minuet

I always preferred British rock with oysters

So you are saying what here Charles?

You like to ‘Tulip Around’ when it comes to oysters… I don’t get it!

Viewing 13 posts - 281 through 293 (of 293 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.225 seconds