dcsimg

Food & Drink – On and Off the Jobsite, Volume 3

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

We set floor trusses on a new build yesterday, foundation wall bracing today and hopefully sheeting.

The homeowner will backfill this weekend and hopefully we can set wall panels on Monday.

Sounds great , but what did you eat 🤭🤭🤭

Sorry couldn’t resist

I’m sure all that work makes one hungry though! 😅

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My wife came across 2 cases of canning jars…. at pre-pandemic prices ! So we we able to clear out some freezer space by canning the tomatoes that were awaiting canning.
    I also made a deep dish, stuffed crust, 3 cheese pan pizza with our homemade sauce. Not the prettiest I ever made but one of my best as far as taste and texture

My wife came across 2 cases of canning jars…. at pre-pandemic prices ! So we we able to clear out some freezer space by canning the tomatoes that were awaiting canning.

I also made a deep dish, stuffed crust, 3 cheese pan pizza with our homemade sauce. Not the prettiest I ever made but one of my best as far as taste and texture

Damn that’s a good looking pizza , I bet it was delicious , nothing like homemade pizza , what sort of cheeses did you use ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s great your wife found two more cases of jars.
    I would say you pizza looks pretty good to me. It really doesn’t matter how it looks as long as it taste good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Damn that’s a good looking pizza , I bet it was delicious , nothing like homemade pizza , what sort of cheeses did you use ,

Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan

Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan

Nice , we buy that big block of parmesan reggiano from Costco , dam it’s good , but doesn’t last long between my wife and I lol

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

All set up and just about ready to start the last?? canning of the season.
    Have big pot of tomatoes simmering since this morning for a thick sauce.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

The sauce came out great!! Picked some more bells today, loads more on the plants but still all green. If weather holds out should get at least one more picking.
    The wife made some more pizza sauce from our tomatoes and I made up another deep dish pizza.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

If I ate all that cheese I wouldn’t be able to poop for a week and have to blast! laughing …. I know TMI

If I ate all that cheese I wouldn’t be able to poop for a week and have to blast! laughing …. I know TMI

LMAO that’s hilarious Ron 👍

I love cheese 🧀 to , that pizza looks delicious

Doobie

Snow storm today I had to deal with which was also planned as a day off of sorts. First day in a long time I could get in the kitchen and do a couple of my family’s favorites.

This morning were crepes. We all love my crepes, especially my teenage son. I think my crepes are really top-notch, or so people tell me who’ve had them. Stringing melted butter into the batter and letting the batter sit for two hours makes a huge diff imo.

For dinner it was deep fried chicken wings and red potato fries. The waxiness and texture of red potatos is my kind of potato, even for home fries left over from a barbecue. Just love red potatoes but they are not always available at the grocers.

For the wings, I raw massage the wings with garlic salt, paprika, and with onion powder/granules before I dust them in flour a first time, and then another dose of flour 20 mins later before plunking them in the deep frier.

Once in a while I will brine the wings beforehand in a solution of water, apple cider, sugar and kosher salt, for half and hour or a bit more, but the wings were freshly bought today and I couldn’t be bothered.

Sorry, didn’t take any pics, but we ate good yummy food favorites today!

As an aside, I used to make my own Buffalo hot sauce for them. Now I use the Frank’s pre-made/mixed bottled Buffalo sauce which all you have to do is heat it in a bowl. I like to dip my wings as I eat them. Keeps the skin crispy that way. Their Frank’s tangy honey-garlic pre-mixed sauce is not bad either according to my wife.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Snow storm today I had to deal with which was also planned as a day off of sorts. First day in a long time I could get in the kitchen and do a couple of my family’s favorites.

This morning were crepes. We all love my crepes, especially my teenage son. I think my crepes are really top-notch, or so people tell me who’ve had them. Stringing melted butter into the batter and letting the batter sit for two hours makes a huge diff imo.

For dinner it was deep fried chicken wings and red potato fries. The waxiness and texture of red potatos is my kind of potato, even for home fries left over from a barbecue. Just love red potatoes but they are not always available at the grocers.

For the wings, I raw massage the wings with garlic salt, paprika, and with onion powder/granules before I dust them in flour a first time, and then another dose of flour 20 mins later before plunking them in the deep frier.

Once in a while I will brine the wings beforehand in a solution of water, apple cider, sugar and kosher salt, for half and hour or a bit more, but the wings were freshly bought today and I couldn’t be bothered.

Sorry, didn’t take any pics, but we ate good yummy food favorites today!

As an aside, I used to make my own Buffalo hot sauce for them. Now I use the Frank’s pre-made/mixed bottled Buffalo sauce which all you have to do is heat it in a bowl. I like to dip my wings as I eat them. Keeps the skin crispy that way. Their Frank’s tangy honey-garlic pre-mixed sauce is not bad either according to my wife.

Sounds like you made some pretty good food. I like the idea of dipping your wings in a dipping sauce. Red potatoes are a more starchy. I like red potatoes too. I have read that you should soak your potatoes in cold water before deep frying to remove the starch.
    My buddy who I buy my potatoes from sells alot of Yukon Gold potatoes to restaurants for French fries. I really don’t like Yukon Gold potatoes.

Greg

Sounds like a busy day in the kitchen ,
    I’m not much of a crepes person , or waffles and pancakes ,
    But give me bacon 🥓 and eggs toast and home fries and I’ll clean up the plate like no tomorrow lol ,
    I used to love chicken wings and the blue cheese dip from the sports bar , that and a few cold ones , good times ,

Red potatoes are very good , in fact any type of potatoes are fine with me ,

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I like the small Yukon gold baked and I put French onion chip dip on them. yumm

Making sausage and onions with garlic and tomatoes , when it’s almost done in the oven , I’ll add fresh Basil and parmesan cheese with pasta 🍝

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Found another non alcoholic beer at the grocery store near me. I really like this beer. I think it best one yet.

Greg

Found another non alcoholic beer at the grocery store near me. I really like this beer. I think it best one yet.

Blonde LoL , actually that’s some of my favorite beer blonde beer , that plus lager , they really do make some promising non alcoholic drinks lately ,, I guess they really need to make them more favorable for the designated driver. 👍👌🍻

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Blonde LoL , actually that’s some of my favorite beer blonde beer , that plus lager , they really do make some promising non alcoholic drinks lately ,, I guess they really need to make them more favorable for the designated driver. 👍👌🍻

It was good price too for around $8 for 12 pack. Every kind I have tried I have liked so far. But so far I like this Blonde Lager the best.

Greg

🤷‍♂️ again , got pulled over lol @RonW

It was good price too for around $8 for 12 pack. Every kind I have tried I have liked so far. But so far I like this Blonde Lager the best.

Nice , that’s a pretty decent price , especially if it is good and you enjoy it , money well spent 👍👌

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.504 seconds