dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author

Made smoothies all weekend ,
    Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    A couple of big scoops of chocolate ice cream
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Made up 20 lb of sausage yesterday, 10 lb each of hot Italian and Breakfast. I didn’t have casings to fill so I just made them into patties. Great on the BBQ, nice change from burgers or good next to the eggs and toast. Really easy to do!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

well lately I’ve been making lunches and dinners ahead of time and freezing it in vacuum sealed bags so i can eat them like tv dinners anywhere i can either get hot water to soak the bag or nuke it.

I do the same thing, but I use the glass pyrex containers, and I often label them with the p-touch labeler since after awhile everything looks the same ( I got lazy on the one in the picture).

Will

Made up 20 lb of sausage yesterday, 10 lb each of hot Italian and Breakfast. I didn’t have casings to fill so I just made them into patties. Great on the BBQ, nice change from burgers or good next to the eggs and toast. Really easy to do!

We made some sausage the other week, I missed this thread earlier, it is such a mess to cleanup, that we usually only do this a few times a year, and it becomes a social gathering with friends.

Will

well lately I’ve been making lunches and dinners ahead of time and freezing it in vacuum sealed bags so i can eat them like tv dinners anywhere i can either get hot water to soak the bag or nuke it.

I do the same thing, but I use the glass pyrex containers, and I often label them with the p-touch labeler since after awhile everything looks the same ( I got lazy on the one in the picture).

Same – we often do big batches of stuff on weekends, and then take it easy during the week.

Once you have enough choices in the freezer, there is very little repetition

Doobie

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

Oats in a smoothie? Never seen that. Do you mean like Quaker Oats? Do they get stuck in the straw?

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

Oats in a smoothie? Never seen that. Do you mean like Quaker Oats? Do they get stuck in the straw?

I do. Just oats – rolled, quick, whatever. The blender turns them to dust which gives nice body

And makes it more filling

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

I do. Just oats – rolled, quick, whatever. The blender turns them to dust which gives nice body

i do the same thing by adding oats to give it body and it also fills you up and keeps you full longer. good little trick, but are you making a breakfast smoothie with ice cream? I am envious. I usually do water, frozen strawberries, protein powder, honey, and a banana plus oats or peanut butter.

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

i do the same thing by adding oats to give it body and it also fills you up and keeps you full longer. good little trick, but are you making a breakfast smoothie with ice cream? I am envious. I usually do water, frozen strawberries, protein powder, honey, and a banana plus oats or peanut butter.

Haha yeah, it’s basically for breakfast, but we also had them in the daytime to.

Doobie

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

I’m gonna try that with the oats.

I like to throw a raw egg or two in them sometimes.

Milk
    Two yogurt
    One banana
    1cup of strawberries
    1/4 cup of oats

Pretty filling

My “recipe” is about 8oz of whole milk, 1-2 tablespoons of oats, 1-2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter, A banana, Q.B. Honey (none-5 tablespoons) and some ice

Highly recommend. And it has lots of good stuff in it without needing to add powders

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m gonna try it with oats too, the raw egg just sounds disgusting tho. What about salmonella??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I’m gonna try it with oats too, the raw egg just sounds disgusting tho. What about salmonella??

I’ve been throwing in egg in shakes and smoothies for decades and have never had a problem so far.

Pretty rare with fresh eggs – we tend to be paranoid about eggs in North America

Hell, in europe, they aren’t refrigerated, even in stores, they are on regular shelves. Of course, they dont acid wash off the protective barrier we do either.

Raw egg on a nice pasta Carbonara, or in mayo, or aioli … yum. Drinking it? not my thing.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah north america, we wash all our eggs and take off the protective barrier so our eggs go bad sooner. In europe eggs with the protective barrier end up lasting longer. I regularly have raw eggs, its good for you and taste good with rice and soya sauce. Or in carbonara or part of a dip for chinese hot pot.

yah north america, we wash all our eggs and take off the protective barrier so our eggs go bad sooner. In europe eggs with the protective barrier end up lasting longer. I regularly have raw eggs, its good for you and taste good with rice and soya sauce. Or in carbonara or part of a dip for chinese hot pot.

I recently heard something about that.
    They said fresh eggs can be left out for long long time, no need to be refrigerated

I sometimes add the yoke with my spoon of sugar, mix it up in my coffee cup, then poor my coffee in and drink it, smooth and tasty with a shot of protein

Have you ever had a century egg, first time I tried them was way back in 1994 when I was in Singapore, was pretty good.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Salmonella is always a concern with raw eggs. Found in 1 of 20,000 eggs.
    I have eaten my fair share of raw eggs. Nothing bad to report.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

BBQ season has officially started!

Attachments:

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Oh man Peter, that’s just not fair lol 🙁
    Is that the egg BBQ? Looks great by the way.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get some propane for my gas grill, and some charcoal for my Weber Egg

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.721 seconds