dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like cooking in cast iron skillets and pans,, how about you??

I do. I have cast iron fry pan and I have griddle also. It fits on the BBQ.

Yes they work well on a grill. I have a Dutch oven I use to make smoked chili.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like cooking in cast iron skillets and pans,, how about you??

I do on occasion still. I use hand me down’s my parents had.

Some people swear the old cast iron is much better than anything available today. Might be something to that. I see the antique cast iron pots/pans fetch a good buck on the second hand market

I do. They cook better in my option. And once seasoned they clean up easy.

I do. I have cast iron fry pan and I have griddle also. It fits on the BBQ.

Yes they work well on a grill. I have a Dutch oven I use to make smoked chili.

I wouldn’t be without cast iron skillets; there is nothing that cooks anywhere as good as cast iron.

When you buy a new cast iron pan it’s very important to prep or season it before it’s first use. I found a video. Okay she doesn’t know the difference between a brillo pad and a scotch pad.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A few years ago my wife’s iron level was low and her doctor told to use a iron skillets for cooking as this would help.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I cook cornbread in my iron skillet the only way to cook it

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

mama just made me some more battered chicken white rice and what was leftover from lunch jalapeno chicken

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

mama just made me some more battered chicken white rice and what was leftover from lunch jalapeno chicken

Is that mochiko chicken??

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I asked her about this and she didn’t know that name, but it’s made about the same way.

Ron

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I asked her about this and she didn’t know that name, but it’s made about the same way.

shes not sure what is called in English and I cant say it in Chinese lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

shes not sure what is called in English and I cant say it in Chinese lol

Mochiko is a Sweet Rice Flour and is a Japanese word. We eat it often. A lot of the Japanese food and culture comes from China as a lot of the people do.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The dish on the left was interesting yesterday. No idea what to call it. Veggies and egg that had a sweet taste to it. It was good.

Ron

Attachments:

The dish on the left was interesting yesterday. No idea what to call it. Veggies and egg that had a sweet taste to it. It was good.

That looks delicious,
    I love egg and vegetables, must have been great. What’s the dish on the right side

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That looks delicious,
    I love egg and vegetables, must have been great. What’s the dish on the right side

Jalapeño chicken. I get that most days.

Ron

That looks delicious,

Well by seeing the food Bob’s wife has been cooking you guys,
    I’m sure it was great,

I came home to chicken soup, nice and thick, and with egg noodles, plus my wife made a spaghetti sauce, or meat sauce I guess I should say,
    I’M stuffed lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That one on the left Is that green vegie in there bitter melon??

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

me and mama done a late dinner of panda express before we went into Home Depot

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

That looks delicious,

I’m sure it was great,

I came home to chicken soup, nice and thick, and with egg noodles, plus my wife made a spaghetti sauce, or meat sauce I guess I should say,
    I’M stuffed lol

you got the full meal deal all day today

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

That looks delicious,

I’m sure it was great,

I’M stuffed lol

you got the full meal deal all day today

today everyone got chili wasn’t my best batch but I thought it was ok

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I was a bit under the weather so I took the day off from the shop and ended up making 15 lb of sausage. 10 lb of Italian and 5 of breakfast sausage. We live in an area of Mennonite butchers so black pepper is considered “spicy”. Gotta make my own to get any kind of flavour.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I was a bit under the weather so I took the day off from the shop and ended up making 15 lb of sausage. 10 lb of Italian and 5 of breakfast sausage. We live in an area of Mennonite butchers so black pepper is considered “spicy”. Gotta make my own to get any kind of flavour.

That sounds great, do you need my mailing address lol
    Those Italian sausage, mild or hot?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That sounds great, do you need my mailing address lol
    Those Italian sausage, mild or hot?

LOL anytime you want to come for a visit you will be welcome.

They are mild this time. I use a recipe for Texas “hotguts” when i need to step up the heat. It’s hard to stay in the same room as those puppies.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.121 seconds