dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

oh man Kevin that just looks delicious. I bet the meat was amazing after 2 days marinating

It was! While I didn’t intend for it to marinate that long, it really did get into the meat good.

The bacon that melts off its fat while cooking also helps it tenderize a lot too.

Dinner from other night . Past , tomatoes , mushrooms , peppers , spinach , spicy chicken ,sausage .

Oh man, that looks great, pasta is one of my favorite dishes, so many ways of making it.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The home owner brought Jersey Mikes subs for the whole jobsite today. Big ole subs. Now I need a nap.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just noticed this thread, I was at a Texas Roadhouse a while back. That’s a regular size fork to give ya an idea of the size lol, It’s a 40oz Prime Rib and like 3″ high. Almost finished it too….

The biggest they have on the menu is 20oz but they’ll cut whatever size ya want over that at an additional $1.50 per oz, When I was ordering it the waitress sat down beside me in the booth and kept asking ‘are ya sure’ ‘are ya sure’ LOL. She said I was her personal new record LOL, Indeed!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just noticed this thread, I was at a Texas Roadhouse a while back. That’s a regular size fork to give ya an idea of the size lol, It’s a 40oz Prime Rib and like 3″ high. Almost finished it too….

The biggest they have on the menu is 20oz but they’ll cut whatever size ya want over that at an additional $1.50 per oz, When I was ordering it the waitress sat down beside me in the booth and kept asking ‘are ya sure’ ‘are ya sure’ LOL. She said I was her personal new record LOL, Indeed!!

OMG, I have to say that is my favourite restaurant. After discovering it in the states on a trip, I go there every chance I get. I didn’t realize that you can add 1.50 per ounce. I USED to and not any more get the 20 oz plus onions, gravy, cheese and mushrooms. It was the best steak i’ve ever eaten. As well as the best bread and cinnamon whipped butter and house salad. I am drooling just thinking about it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man that looks tasty. I didn’t know they would add additional oz.
    My semi local Logan’s Roadhouse (same as the Texas) took prime rib off the menu. Don’t think I will be going back anytime soon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Man I love avocado, my morning snacks.

Doobie

Squeeze some lime on them, sprinkle a little salt, throw some cottage cheese in them and sprinkle with a little paprika. That’s how I was taught to eat them the first time I was trying them 30 years ago by the lady who was running the little fruit/veggie store across the street from where I used to live.

Squeeze some lime on them, sprinkle a little salt, throw some cottage cheese in them and sprinkle with a little paprika. That’s how I was taught to eat them the first time I was trying them 30 years ago by the lady who was running the little fruit/veggie store across the street from where I used to live.

Yeah I usually put some lime or lemon juice, with salad spices. ,
    That sounds good how you mentioned it.

I just like the taste naturally to.
    Could easily eat the whole darn bag.

Keep your food posts coming, I am still searching for those stake bombs here,

Doobie

I am still searching for those stake bombs here,

I don’t think they are well known. I only found one occurrence of them searching on the internet in the form of a video I posted in my original post on this delight here.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/food-and-drink-on-and-off-the-jobsite/#post-594923

One thing the guy in the video doesn’t do is include a dip for them while the pub down the street from me where I first ate them does include. Mix some sriracha sauce with either mayo or sour cream. It goes really good with them.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like them best in guacamole.

Ron

Dinner from other night . Past , tomatoes , mushrooms , peppers , spinach , spicy chicken ,sausage .

Oh man, that looks great, pasta is one of my favorite dishes, so many ways of making it.

Yeah only bad thing is we get Fat lol from all the pasta .

Always willing to learn .

one thread. If I hurt some feelings sorry but it needed done – things have gotten a bit out of hand lately. I will be watching this thread closely if things start to get out of hand here

I do that too, this could have been my freezer!

Will

I am a bit of a foodie, so we had a dinner party last weekend, which was an opportunity for me to experiment. I took a large cheap (on sale even) eye of round beef, cut 1/3 of it off vacuum sealed it and sous vide for 24 hours at 135F, the other 2/3 I sliced into strips and braised it in red wine and onions in the pressure cooker for 35 minutes. Both equally tender, but the sous was a medium while the pressure cooker beef was well done. A lot of fun.

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON
    I do that too, this could have been my freezer!

lol that is pretty awesome , so far I feel that I am the only one who does it. I find with the professional vacuum sealer, I can get better results. Everything stays packaged much better, it also make storage much easier.

Doobie

For lack of a better place, and it does somewhat tie in with food, I just saw this on the news tonite.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/used-chopsticks-take-on-new-life-as-home-furnishings-from-b-c-startup-1.3221326

Basically, it’s a second life for used chopsticks. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Here’s their website where they show/sell some of their reclaimed chopstick products.

https://chopvalue.ca

Right away I wondered if a flooring product made of reclaimed chopsticks would be possible. Parqué bamboo floors maybe?

I just thought this was so cool what this forrestry student had come up with. Pretty clever imo.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nothing like fresh ahi for lunch….

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Had a nice hearty bacon and egg breakfast before getting ready to drive home. Pretty sure we’ll be heading to a steakhouse tonight for a nice u healthy meal lol

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nothing like fresh ahi for lunch….

That Poke looks tasty Dirty. Not something we see around here.

Ron

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

its crazy how Poke has taken over Toronto, everywhere is poke bowls but mostly with salmon and very rarely do I see ahi tuna as it is probably hard to get in toronto.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.877 seconds