dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Kinda reminds me of this joke I recieved

That’s funny! 😅

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

LMAO good one, Brian.

Beer; not just for breakfast anymore.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like this one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Speaking of beer fridge. I like to keep it stocked with options lol.

I’m thinking I need to hang out at Tony’s house for an evening or two. lol

Haha lol, yeah it’s a toss up between you and Tony Ron

Nice one Brian. Looks like a good selection. LOL!!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

nice beer stock you have going on there.
    Is that the Leinenkugel harvest patch shandy in the middle part ?!

It is! It’s one of my favorites. I really like Leinenkugel as a whole!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I know it’s early but some things take time. I started the Ragout de Pattes de Cochon today; 7 lb of pork hocks, some onion and black pepper. They will simmer for 3 or 4 hours, then the meat separated.

We will make beef/pork meatballs, add them to the mix and thicken a bit. This will be served on top of the Tourtiere at Christmas dinner.

Attachments:
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I know it’s early but some things take time. I started the Ragout de Pattes de Cochon today; 7 lb of pork hocks, some onion and black pepper. They will simmer for 3 or 4 hours, then the meat separated.

We will make beef/pork meatballs, add them to the mix and thicken a bit. This will be served on top of the Tourtiere at Christmas dinner.

Sounds tasty.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I never had that before. But it sounds good.

Greg

Doobie

Never put anything like that on Tortiere myself. Sounds yummy…..I’m on my way over….. PM me your address…lol!

Do you make your own cretons by chance? I haven’t done that in years. I used to make my own tortiere too, but the St-Hubert one they sell frozen is not bad that I get at the grocery store now. Didn’t know you were a frog too Peter.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very well stocked with beer ,,,but water??? You can not drink the water there??

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Never put anything like that on Tortiere myself. Sounds yummy…..I’m on my way over….. PM me your address…lol!

Do you make your own cretons by chance? I haven’t done that in years. I used to make my own tortiere too, but the St-Hubert one they sell frozen is not bad that I get at the grocery store now. Didn’t know you were a frog too Peter.

Of course; cretons are an occasional thing here. My wife’s family is all in Northern Ontario and French. We will be making the tourtiere very soon.

Here is the trimmed meat from the pork hocks; it’s pretty much like pulled pork. It gets returned to the stock to make the base for the ragout. Meatballs will come later.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Of course; cretons are an occasional thing here. My wife’s family is all in Northern Ontario and French. We will be making the tourtiere very soon.

Here is the trimmed meat from the pork hocks; it’s pretty much like pulled pork. It gets returned to the stock to make the base for the ragout. Meatballs will come later.

I remember my Dad use too cook pork hocks to use with bean soup or sometimes he would just eat the meat with a meat.

Greg

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

have you ever thought about using a pressure cooker like the instant pot for the long cooks?

That looks great Peter, you better pm me your address, let me know what our family should bring for dessert lol

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I remember my Dad use too cook pork hocks to use with bean soup or sometimes he would just eat the meat with a meat.

Smoked hocks are really good for beans and for all kinds of soups.

have you ever thought about using a pressure cooker like the instant pot for the long cooks?

No, I haven’t. I don’t have one. Actually, I don’t mind the long simmers; it makes the house smell wonderful just having it bubbling away on the stove top.

That looks great Peter, you better pm me your address, let me know what our family should bring for dessert lol

No problem, Brian, I’m open to suggestions, what would you have in mind? lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Didn’t know you were a frog too Peter.

Is he a frog or a toad

Doobie

Is he a frog or a toad

Frog is simply a somewhat deragatory term here in Canada for french Canadians. Similar to like calling a Japanese person a Nip or a German a Kraut. Just thought I’d clarify that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Is he a frog or a toad

Frog is simply a somewhat deragatory term here in Canada for french Canadians. Similar to like calling a Japanese person a Nip or a German a Kraut. Just thought I’d clarify that.

I never heard a German calleda Kraut before.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is he a frog or a toad

Oh,, I see. The french form up there are well known here.

Doobie

Is he a frog or a toad

I never heard a German calleda Kraut before.

All you gotta do is watch any one episode of an old Hogan’s Heroes TV sitcom from the ’60s. There are myriads of times you would also hear the term in older Hollywood produced films centered around WWII.

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.951 seconds