dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Man those look great Doobie.

They taste even better!

Nice thing too is you don’t have to use expensive cuts of beef. Cheapo flank steak will do. I bought some round steak on sale for the ones I’m gonna make myself. Can’t remenber the last time I bought round steak other than what they cut into cubes and call ‘stew beef’. My parents had thoroughly turned me off as a child from round steak pounded with a beer bottle neck to tenderize it a bit and fried with margarine…..yuck!

@smallerstick wow Peter that looked great the pork, looking forward to seeing what else you come up with,
    Guess the egg is paying for itself so to speak.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

OK guys, you gotta try these Bacon Wrapped Steak Bombs!

oh man Doobie thanks for sharing that. They look so delicious.
    my mother in law always made those quite similar just without the steak inside.
    I gotta suggest it to her 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They taste even better!

Nice thing too is you don’t have to use expensive cuts of beef. Cheapo flank steak will do. I bought some round steak on sale for the ones I’m gonna make myself. Can’t remenber the last time I bought round steak other than what they cut into cubes and call ‘stew beef’. My parents had thoroughly turned me off as a child from round steak pounded with a beer bottle neck to tenderize it a bit and fried with margarine…..yuck!

since I live so close, i guess i am coming over lol.
    make sure you tell us how it turns out, i will want to make some too.

Doobie

Not sure why they call them steak ‘bombs’. Is it maybe because they are somewhat shaped like ‘bombs’? Or is it because they are ‘The Bomb’ in a cilinary sense? You guys decide. Lol!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Not sure why they call them steak ‘bombs’. Is it maybe because they are somewhat shaped like ‘bombs’? Or is it because they are ‘The Bomb’ in a cilinary sense? You guys decide. Lol!

Maybe something that happens after you eat them lol,,,
    Well I guess with the closing of my The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread, I’ll just drop this here???
    I pick a few bottles the other day at a local beer and fine drinks store.
    Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors http://www.tamurasfinewine.com/poke/
    This one is very dark and tasty.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did he say a hour and a half??? In when he put them in he said a half hour.
    Now I know what I’m doing with my plant full of Jalapenos.

Dirty

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice take on the standby ABTs. I like the idea of the asian marinade. A slice or 2 of onion along with the steak inside the bacon would be a good addition, too.

Try a jumbo shrimp instead of the steak or maybe along with the steak for some surf and turf.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Won’t take many of those to get your buzz on.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That does look very good, I’ll have to see if they carry them at my local watering hole. when I am looking for higher percentages i usually drink la fin du monde, a quebec beer that is also 8 percent, that taste really good as well.

That does look very good, I’ll have to see if they carry them at my local watering hole. when I am looking for higher percentages i usually drink la fin du monde, a quebec beer that is also 8 percent, that taste really good as well.

Im not a fan of the Unbibrou beers like FDM and Maudite. The stronger ones tend to not have a taste I like. I prefer a wheat based beer to a hoppy beer, all things being equal. Or a pint of Smiddy (Smithwicks)

Doobie

I still haven’t had a chance to make my steak bombs yet, but the meat has been marinating for a day and a half now, so maybe later tonite I’ll get going on them.

Doobie

So after three days of letting the meat marinate, I finally made my steak bombs. The wife and I really liked how they turned out. Made a nice mayo sriracha dip for them too. Yummy!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So after three days of letting the meat marinate, I finally made my steak bombs. The wife and I really liked how they turned out. Made a nice mayo sriracha dip for them too. Yummy!

They look yummy!! Did you use a smoker or cook em in the oven?

Dirty

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Wow do those look good Doobie ! Send some my way!

Those look pretty good, Will have to see if anyone makes those around Montreal?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Those look like they turned out good. I’m gonna have to get some on the grill.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

They look yummy!! Did you use a smoker or cook em in the oven?

Cooked them in the oven. If it was not so cold outside, I would have used the Q instead.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

oh man Kevin that just looks delicious. I bet the meat was amazing after 2 days marinating

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Dinner from other night . Past , tomatoes , mushrooms , peppers , spinach , spicy chicken ,sausage .

Attachments:

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.889 seconds