dcsimg

Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

All those yummy meats in the pictures. my mouth is running haha

Got a 17# brisket ready to go on the Kamado Joe in about an hour. Should be ready in around 15 to 17 hrs.

Wow that’s a long time…Definitely nothing to cook when you are hungry haha.
    More like cooking/BBQing in advance.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Is that done yet Ron?

Bet the inside was tender

Yes it was Ed. Some of the best I have eaten. I will have to do another soon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

@smallerstick and @RonW Wow, looks like some great food. Makes me want to do a “BTP food tour”.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@smallerstick and @ronw Wow, looks like some great food. Makes me want to do a “BTP food tour”.

That would be a great idea, a BTP BBQ

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

smallerstick and ronw Wow, looks like some great food. Makes me want to do a “BTP food tour”.

All I can say is come on down.
    I have this sirloin tip roast going on the Kamado Joe this weekend for a low and slow cook.

Ron

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

smallerstick and ronw Wow, looks like some great food. Makes me want to do a “BTP food tour”.

I have this sirloin tip roast going on the Kamado Joe this weekend for a low and slow cook.

A BTP food tour; what a concept! Sounds like a plan.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

A BTP food tour; what a concept! Sounds like a plan.

I’m in! 😉

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My son’s 1st birthday is the 14th, but we are having family over tomorrow. The grill will be going all day…burgers, brats and dogs.

Anyone have a killer burger recipe they want to share?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Mix it 40/60 ground pork/beef and don’t overcook.

Some times I’ll mix in raw egg, bread crumbs, wosh, and a bunch of spices. Not everybody likes that though, especially kids can be finicky on flavouring the meat too much.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My son’s 1st birthday is the 14th, but we are having family over tomorrow. The grill will be going all day…burgers, brats and dogs.

Here are a three good ones.

Ron

Is that done yet Ron?

May have to try something else, see what your doing. Think my last one wasn’t hot enough. Cooked, just not the same

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Is that done yet Ron?

May have to try something else, see what your doing. Think my last one wasn’t hot enough. Cooked, just not the same

I cooked the last one at 200-220°. Until the internal temp was 195°. Let rest for a couple hours wrapped in aluminum foil and towels in a cooler to keep warm.

Ron

After seeing you master that Kamado I’m definitely going to be ringing your bell one day lol
    And nice find for those burgers Ron, might have to give them a try.

Doobie

In the second video, he uses extra virgin olive oil to oil his grill. Never use any olive oil for high temps like that. Any olive oil is low burning and just burns and gives an acrid taste when it burns off. He should be using a high heat oil like peanut oil or at least cannola oil. Olive oil is not for cooking basically.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

In the second video, he uses extra virgin olive oil to oil his grill. Never use any olive oil for high temps like that. Any olive oil is low burning and just burns and gives an acrid taste when it burns off. He should be using a high heat oil like peanut oil or at least cannola oil. Olive oil is not for cooking basically.

Yea not sure why he did olive oil on that cook. I really like using Ghee for anything on the griddle. In another one of his videos he shows how to make it. Basically a clarified butter.

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Did a roast and smoked slaw today. Turned out great. Smoked the roast for 3 hrs then wrapped with cling wrap and cooked at 210° for 8 hrs.

Ron

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Did a roast and smoked slaw today. Turned out great. Smoked the roast for 3 hrs then wrapped with cling wrap and cooked at 210° for 8 hrs.

That looks good @RonW! I have to say that I’ve never heard of using cling wrap on a grill before, but it sure looks like it worked just fine!

Also, thanks for the burger recipes above!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Did a roast and smoked slaw today. Turned out great.

Never seen a head of cabbage cooked like that. What’s the ground beef stuffing? Do you pre-cook it before stuffing?

Smoked the roast for 3 hrs then wrapped with cling wrap and cooked at 210° for 8 hrs.

Wouldn’t wrapping in tin foil do the same. I’d be afraid of the plastic into the food. Never seen that done before Ron.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Never seen a head of cabbage cooked like that. What’s the ground beef stuffing? Do you pre-cook it before stuffing?

Smoked the roast for 3 hrs then wrapped with cling wrap and cooked at 210° for 8 hrs.

Wouldn’t wrapping in tin foil do the same. I’d be afraid of the plastic into the food. Never seen that done before Ron.

It’s garlic, olive oil and various seasonings put into were the core was. After smoking a dressing is added.

No foil wont have the same effect. The plastic wrap traps all the juices. And it basically boils in it’s own juices. One does have to be careful not to let temps get above 230° or the plastic wrap will melt.

Ron

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It’s garlic, olive oil and various seasonings put into were the core was. After smoking a dressing is added.

No foil wont have the same effect. The plastic wrap traps all the juices. And it basically boils in it’s own juices. One does have to be careful not to let temps get above 230° or the plastic wrap will melt.

I really like the smoked cabbage, Ron. How long do you cook it? Same as the roast?

The plastic wrap to finish is something I haven’t heard of before. I have used plastic wrap on armadillo eggs to start the cook, then, once the meat sets up, take the wrap off to finish. I will have to try the wrap to finish. Thanks for that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,013 total)
  • The topic ‘Food and Drink – On and Off the Jobsite’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.735 seconds